Converted to WP8..and loving it!

Mike_K

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, thought I'd introduce myself.

I've originally used many phones in the past. Particularly Blackberry, Androids and iPhones. My trouble with Blackberry was the quality, the OS was obsolete (to me), and even Blackberry 10 didn't do anything to "wow" me. With androids, while the specs are nice, I've always found myself dealing with bugs, atrocious battery life, slow updates (I was a big fan of Samsung Galaxy androids), and the fact that the phones are getting way too large for my liking. With iOS, it's okay at best in my opinion. I do still have my iPhone 5, but it's nothing exciting from the previous iPhones. That's when I came across Windows Phone 8.

I used to have an LG Optimus 7 a while back, but quickly got rid of it because at the time Windows Phone 7 was just released and had a lot of bugs and some key features I wanted at the time were missing.

I decided yesterday to finally jump aboard and give Windows Phone 8 a try, and purchased the HTC 8X (I got a good deal on a 16 GB Blue one). I set up all my accounts without issues (Gmail, facebook, Hotmail, etc). And wow, I'm loving it already. While it's missing some key apps that I use frequently (Banking apps mainly, maybe a couple games I'll miss), WP8 is really solid. I love how smooth it is, the battery life is great, and I think I'm finally ready to see where it takes me, even though I am still adjusting to the OS coming from my iPhone 5 and the Blackberry Z10, which I know is completely normal.

I look forward to becoming a bigger part of this community! :smile:

phing77

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I was about to recommend Lumia 920 for you but it seems you need a phone with good battery so.... 8X is good for you :) welcome aboard...!

gandhule

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Glad to have you on board :). HTC 8X looks nice. I was thinking to get ot when my wife snatch my Lumia 920, but bought Lumia 620 instead. Anyway, enjoy the ride.

Mike_K

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I was about to recommend Lumia 920 for you but it seems you need a phone with good battery so.... 8X is good for you :) welcome aboard...!

I was honestly thinking the Lumia 920 would be a nice phone, but it's a bit big for my liking, even though the extra storage and camera appealed to me. I haven't really read much on battery life in terms of the 920 though, but it's an option for a 2nd phone if I decide to sell the iPhone. The battery is amazing so far on my 8X though..12 hours with moderate use and I'm at 49% still. With my iPhone 5 I would barely make it 10 hours.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Welcome aboard ⚓ great to have you here, I use a Nokia Lumia 822 and love it. What ever your choice good luck and welcome to WP central.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
Welcome and it's sure good to hear from someone who appreciates WP8, instead of someone complaining "it can't do this" or "my iphone could do that." WP8 is not perfect, but has a lot of great features and functions. And the 8X is a great device.

anon(5344685)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Sorry but I don't understand people like you. If you just got bored of Iphone 5 and barely released Z10 (which can still transform into something amazing) what guarantees that you won't be like "ok I have enough" in a month from now. This is what pisses me off, people barely knowing a platform and just jumping as they like, no this will not help any of them.

JerseySal

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Sorry but I don't understand people like you. If you just got bored of Iphone 5 and barely released Z10 (which can still transform into something amazing) what guarantees that you won't be like "ok I have enough" in a month from now. This is what pisses me off, people barely knowing a platform and just jumping as they like, no this will not help any of them.

Normal people don't depend on platforms as if it is a huge life changing moment with drastic consequenses. It's just a phone.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome, Mike! I hope you continue to enjoy your 8X. I too am a first time WP user as I got my Lumia 810 in November, came from an iPhone 4 although all my phones beside that one have been Nokia. :winktongue: Once again, welcome! It's a very friendly and cool community here. :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs