Switching to BB z10 and back to WP8

Chill510

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I borrowed a BB z10 from a friend to see if I wanted to replace it my HTC 8x with it. I really enjoyed the new BB10 OS. It is really designed around productivity. The hardware was also very nice. I loved the BB hub that acts as a giant notification area. I found myself really missing my 8x. I missed my live tiles, Xbox music collection, the smoothness of the WP os, and the colors of WP8. So I switched back to my 8x.

In the end the main reason why I switched back was because the app ecosystem is horrible on BB10. It reminds me of the days when WP7 first released. Its that bad. Even though I loaded a few android apps on it. You don't get a complete experience because there native apps. They don't use the "flow" design language. Right now I can only support one underdog OS at a time. And for the time being WP8 is my choice. Love the hardware, love the software, love the whole design language and its really starting to pick up steam as the official 3rd choice OS.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Welcome back. :smile:

I last used BB OS6, and I tried the Z10 in the store last week. I found the UI unintuitive (had trouble figuring out how to get out of hub and see all apps, not just last used apps). I'm sure I'd figure it out after a while. However, nothing about BB10 convinced me to want to use it more and figure it out.

clbarker10

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Wow, thanks.

I have owned so many cell phones in my life, from the old black and white displays to now windows phone 8...Some of my favorites include the old Sony Walkman phones, Nokia's music Xpress, the old Palm Centro, the G1, Htc's Dash and original EVO even the iPhone 3g/3gs...yet Blackberry (come to think of it, now Nokia) is the only Manufacturer that I have always praised with each handset from the original Curve to the Torch even the Playbook which I would still have if my brother didn't sell it behind my back. My point is that Windows phone has captivated me so much that I can't even think about trading my phone for a new BB device. I will admit the new z10 seems like a well designed phone with a new solid operating system and so was the Galaxy S2 at the time but I couldn't afford the investment in the S2 so I decided the make my first jump into a WP7 device and instead opted for a much more affordable Samsung Focus Flash. I won't even fathom the possibility that any new device can be more alluring than a Windows phone. This just shows how promising Windows has made their phones. They hold them to such a standard that even someone like me that has experienced and owned almost every phone out there can confidently say...no thanks, I'll stick with my Windows Phone.

I borrowed a BB z10 from a friend to see if I wanted to replace it my HTC 8x with it. I really enjoyed the new BB10 OS. It is really designed around productivity. The hardware was also very nice. I loved the BB hub that acts as a giant notification area. I found myself really missing my 8x. I missed my live tiles, Xbox music collection, the smoothness of the WP os, and the colors of WP8. So I switched back to my 8x.

In the end the main reason why I switched back was because the app ecosystem is horrible on BB10. It reminds me of the days when WP7 first released. Its that bad. Even though I loaded a few android apps on it. You don't get a complete experience because there native apps. They don't use the "flow" design language. Right now I can only support one underdog OS at a time. And for the time being WP8 is my choice. Love the hardware, love the software, love the whole design language and its really starting to pick up steam as the official 3rd choice OS.

Traderhorn

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi tried windows phone with a Radar 7.0, good system never force closes as my Android phone did, tiles are good with quick access,
apps not vital for me but no flash support or BBC i Player, so went for Blackberry Z10 has both, then saw that i player is coming to
windows phone 8, decided to try it and bought new 620 as its good value, not a big investment to try phone 8 for work,
its actually very good it grows on you, just the right size,battery lasts the day, it does all i need a great little phone,

abel920

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I see you're back. I missed you.
b80efe23.gif

WinFan1

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
welcome back i did the same thing when i switched from my htc hd7 to an iphone 4s for a while. i couldnt do it i missed my windows phone too much lol. i agree with all your reasons for coming back to windows phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077