Newb, but not really....HOW CAN THIS BE!?!

Kris Simundson

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So I'm not really new per say to Mobile Nations, just more or less Windows Phone Central. As everyone can see, my name is my user name so no need for that introduction.

Anyways you can find me mainly on the Crackberry site, as I am an Moderator over there. I'm a huge mobile technology fan, well technology in a whole. My past device history has included devices like the HTC Dream (G1), Motorola Xoom Tablet, Samsung Galaxy S2, HTC One X, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, and a Samsung Galaxy S3. Those are just my Android devices. I've also had 2 iPhone 4S's, iPad 2nd Gen and a iPhone 3GS along with a Samsung Focus WP7/7.5. Currently I'm back with my most comfortable platform in Blackberry. I've had a 8100, 9000, 9700, 9780, 9800, 9900, PlayBook, Z10 and now my Q10.

I'm always looking into the latest in greatest so I like roaming forums to learn more.

I'm currently in the Candian Armed Forces as an Artilleryman, so hence my Display Picture. I'm 25 years old, and have a 18 month old daughter.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to WPCentral, Now we just need to replace your Q10 with a Lumia 920 or 925 ;P

Q10 is a good phone, I don't really understand how to navigate using one...it seemed like to many steps to find the phone, but that is probably just a newb me trying to figure out the phone (I only tried it in the At&T store)

Thank you for Serving your country, without the Armed Forces of our great nations, we wouldn't be living in peace!

Kris Simundson

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to WPCentral, Now we just need to replace your Q10 with a Lumia 920 or 925 ;P

Q10 is a good phone, I don't really understand how to navigate using one...it seemed like to many steps to find the phone, but that is probably just a newb me trying to figure out the phone (I only tried it in the At&T store)

Thank you for Serving your country, without the Armed Forces of our great nations, we wouldn't be living in peace!

The problem with store models is the fact that they're in demo mode, and demo mode is junk lol. The Phone button is literally always at the bottom of a screen unless your in app. But I have been rather intrigued by the 920, almost had one at one point in my life, but the guy I was going to trade with backed out. Now I'm looking at the 928 or see if Sammy comes out with a new ATIV

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey Kris, great to see you around here! I really like the look and feel of the new BB phones but I guess store mode has hindered me somewhat as I've never really been able to figure out how to properly navigate the gesture-based interface. If you have any thoughts/opinions/questions about WP's though, you're in the right place.

Kris Simundson

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey Kris, great to see you around here! I really like the look and feel of the new BB phones but I guess store mode has hindered me somewhat as I've never really been able to figure out how to properly navigate the gesture-based interface. If you have any thoughts/opinions/questions about WP's though, you're in the right place.

When WP first launched, I was all over that Samsung Focus, I think I paid somewhere of $650 outright for it at the time, and I loved the device. BB10 reminds me of WP7, a new OS needing to gain developers and integration. If it wasn't for my love of BB, I'd probably go the WP8 route just for the integration of my Xbox 360 (eventually Xbox One), and for now my PC.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz