Hi, I'm Spyro543

Spyro543

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone, I'm Aaron (or Spyro543). I'm a hobbyist computer and PIC programmer. I've decided that I want a windows phone for my next phone. I don't like Android, and I already have an iPad so I don't need or want another iOS device. I can't get a WP phone yet, but I'll keep you guys posted when I do get one!

anon(5698912)

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Cool welcome to the gang! I had my senior design project last year and I was responsible for programming servos on an arm board, ts-7800 (don't ever use!) specifically for a usv.

And looks like some awesome WP hardware will be coming out during the fall which you might be able to get then.

Spyro543

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
If anyone sees two intro topics by me, I had wrote one and it didn't send, so I wrote another one. The first one I sent had just taken a long time to send. Sorry!

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Welcome aboard to WP central forum's, take a look at the device forums for all the information you need to help you with your phone purchase when time is right.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey Aaron, great to see you here at WPCentral! You're at the right place to ask the questions you need to figure out which device is for you!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't think I will be able to get one soon...it could be another month or two, actually. I'm kind of hoping that the Nokia phablet will be released in the next month or so, so I could get that.

im actually in the same boat as you are. still unclear when i can get my paws on ANY phone actually. :)

Spyro543

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry, but I think I might want an Android phone, for two big reasons: I use the Google ecosystem tons more than the Microsoft stuff (pretty much never using it). Also, WP's file handling is pretty bad. It's not that I need to browse my files compulsively or anything, but there are times when I need to pull a file from an app. Even iOS can do this somewhat (most apps have an Open in button). Also, the amount of issues I see about almost every windows phone is too high. The GS3 seems like a nice choice for what I want.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett