Android user; future windows user!

chainedwarhead9

Jun 23, 2017
Visit site
Hello everyone! Thought I'd say hello even if no one else is going to respond to this thread but thought i'd say I'm looking forward too getting a windows phone soon upgrading from my old galaxy avant, I really like the home UI and plus Nokia the brand itself and hoping to find a 1020 not from china:unhappysweat:but oh well here am on this great forum about window! :cool: Cheer!

hyperleaf

May 23, 2017
Visit site
If you're looking for a good windows phone, I'd strongly recommend one of the newer models like the HP Elite X3 or a Lumia 950 or 950 XL. By now they aren't all too new, but they should at least have better support than the 1020.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
HP, Alcatel, and MS all have phones that can be purchased, although they are aging quickly. If you can wait, I'd suggest waiting until new devices are released. When will that be? Nobody here really knows for sure, but rumors suggest that new mobile devices are in the works.
If you're ok with the state of Windows Mobile and you like the UI, you can't really go wrong with the three I recommended above. If you like taking pictures, the 950 series is the best of the three. Good luck with your decision.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Welcome!
Hope you can find the Windows phone you want.
Keep up the good search...and keep an eye on our marketplace for some great deals from our very own members here.
:)

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to the forums and welcome to the WMP community, we're glad to have you!

As what @Guytronic has said, keep an eye out in our marketplace, I'm there from time to time looking at what others are selling.

Rainar Angelo

May 13, 2017
Visit site
Some people are joining the party really late :/ . Just yesterday I felt sad for once about owning a Windows Phone. We use Google Classroom and my phone doesn't have the app -.-

L0n3N1nja

Dec 22, 2016
Visit site
I know it had an impressive camera, but do you really want a phone released in July of 2013? Not trying to bash windows mobile I just can't recommend anyone buy a phone that old for a daily driver.

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
hey welcome aboard! As long as you know the limitations of the devices they can still be really solid offerings. Plus, they can be picked up for pretty cheap these days. Good luck with your search and let us know when you find one!

digitaldd

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Anyone coming from Android will miss a lot of apps if that is your go to. if you can get by with websites running in your browser then you'll have less issues making the switch.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Welcome welcome. It's a beautiful UI, with some great in built OS features.

However the phones released originally with windows 8.1 mobile don't run as well on windows 10 mobile, as the ones released with windows 10 mobile.

I'd recommend the 950/950XL or the x3. The 950's have the classic Lumia camera quality, and are good for that, and the x3, not quite so much, but its a beast of a phone, and has a very solid build quality.

The 950's do have a plastic back (makes em really light), but if you don't like that there are all sorts of great covers you can get. Like the imak, or mozo backs.

I'm sure you'll enjoy the experience.

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Just a thought - maybe tether your Android phone to your windows phone so you can still use a few apps. I'm lucky enough to have a work SIM in my 950xl and my personal SIM currently in my iphone.

If you want, maybe get a 950xl so you can try continuum. While still a "1.0" release, it has great potential.

Arcturus Gonzalez

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I agree on that. The lack of apps is unbelievable but you still wants to jump on board I recommend the Alcatel Idol or X3 by their specs and mostly the good reviews.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills