iphone 5

duke1231

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
sorry to use that as my title, but I just got a tweet this morning from Engadget that sources tell them that "Apple is set to hold media event on October 4th Time Cook to unveil the Iphone 5." So I would think that microsoft has to roll out the updates in either the end of this week or next. Time is of the essence (cue the spy type music). Wow you know apple is a force when every company is planning their release dates around them.

boss.king

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
The iPhone 5 has been expected to be announced since June, there's no proof that this is real. Let them get Mango right before they roll it out, it would be better to have a flawless OS than to ship it with a bug that could have been avoided.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
The iPhone 5 has been expected to be announced since June, there's no proof that this is real. Let them get Mango right before they roll it out, it would be better to have a flawless OS than to ship it with a bug that could have been avoided.

Still no solid proof of the iPhone 5 release date, but a little birdy told me that a certain cell provider has blocked out the first 2 weeks of Oct. for no vacations. I'd guess from that, the release is soon.

Having said that, it doesn't phase me much, only good thing about iOS 5 is not being tied to iTunes. I'm still not a fan of fruit products. People who want iPoop will get it, period. People who don't will choose WP7, Android or BB.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

I agree. I can wait for it to be flawless. Read any Android forum and see how many bugs an update can have.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Haha, like Android, Apple needs a faster processor just to function without lagging. My wifes iphone 4 lags a ton... Our first gen wp7 devices will work fine for another year our two. :)

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Haha, like Android, Apple needs a faster processor just to function without lagging. My wifes iphone 4 lags a ton... Our first gen wp7 devices will work fine for another year our two. :)

IDK, a couple of my friends have iPhone 4's and they claim to have no lagging. Could just be the fruit tinted glasses they see the world through.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
My wife has the 4 and it doesn't lag.

When you move the icons quickly, and when you put the phone to sleep and it takes a sec for the sound to play. Unless you are coming from wp, you probably wouldn't notice. The OS is definitely outgrowing the 1ghz processor, and not near as smith as wp.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
The iphone is definitely not as fast as WP7, but it is smooth. Definitely smoother and faster than android devices. My WP always impresses me with the slickness when navigating around the phone and going through the apps. Mango is said to be faster so all I can say is wow!

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
ihand.jpg

Another bonus point for WP7 is that you don't have to purchase an iHand so you don't hold it 'The Wrong Way' ;)

mmaman

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
wow....talk about people acting like children, why do people feel the need to have loyalty to a certain brand? Its ridiculous, the IP4 lags?? Really? Must be something wrong with it as the 2 IP4's I had have never had any problems at all, I dont like Android as much as WP7 and IOS but I dont bash it like a child either, yes we get it you dont like it, but many dont like WP7 or Android or IOS, theres always opinions out their thats fine but why need to bash? Just makes people seem immature.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Hey it's a WP7 board, it's fun to bash everything else. Lighten up, the net would be very boring without the bashing. I'm a WP7 Fan and a proud one too LOL

So be it if that makes me immature, do i care? Not a jot! ;)

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
The same type of bashing occurs on Android and iPhone forums. Like WeeBear I'm a WP7 fan and I don't care a jot either, lol.

mmaman

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
If funny because if an iPhone or Android fan bashes WP7 then they are quick to bash and call them fanboys but they do the same exact thing, its ridiculous, these are freaking PHONES we are talking about, why people put so much emotion into it is beyond me, kinda embarrassing...

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
If funny because if an iPhone or Android fan bashes WP7 then they are quick to bash and call them fanboys but they do the same exact thing, its ridiculous, these are freaking PHONES we are talking about, why people put so much emotion into it is beyond me, kinda embarrassing...
Very true indeed, but some things will never change mmaman. :)

By the way, my Omnia 7 is better than your phone! Oops! ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos