09-21-2011 11:59 PM
27 12
tools
    sorry to use that as my title, but I just got a tweet this morning from Engadget that sources tell them that "Apple is set to hold media event on October 4th Time Cook to unveil the Iphone 5." So I would think that microsoft has to roll out the updates in either the end of this week or next. Time is of the essence (cue the spy type music). Wow you know apple is a force when every company is planning their release dates around them.
    09-21-2011 06:27 AM
    I think it works both ways. Apple Insider has an article on mango.

AppleInsider | Windows Phone 7 introduces app version issues in Mango update
    09-21-2011 06:33 AM
    The iPhone 5 has been expected to be announced since June, there's no proof that this is real. Let them get Mango right before they roll it out, it would be better to have a flawless OS than to ship it with a bug that could have been avoided.
    palandri likes this.
    09-21-2011 06:36 AM
    The iPhone 5 has been expected to be announced since June, there's no proof that this is real. Let them get Mango right before they roll it out, it would be better to have a flawless OS than to ship it with a bug that could have been avoided.
    Still no solid proof of the iPhone 5 release date, but a little birdy told me that a certain cell provider has blocked out the first 2 weeks of Oct. for no vacations. I'd guess from that, the release is soon.

Having said that, it doesn't phase me much, only good thing about iOS 5 is not being tied to iTunes. I'm still not a fan of fruit products. People who want iPoop will get it, period. People who don't will choose WP7, Android or BB.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    09-21-2011 08:59 AM
    I agree. I can wait for it to be flawless. Read any Android forum and see how many bugs an update can have.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express
    09-21-2011 09:07 AM
    Haha, like Android, Apple needs a faster processor just to function without lagging. My wifes iphone 4 lags a ton... Our first gen wp7 devices will work fine for another year our two. :)
    09-21-2011 09:08 AM
    Haha, like Android, Apple needs a faster processor just to function without lagging. My wifes iphone 4 lags a ton... Our first gen wp7 devices will work fine for another year our two. :)
    IDK, a couple of my friends have iPhone 4's and they claim to have no lagging. Could just be the fruit tinted glasses they see the world through.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    09-21-2011 09:10 AM
    My wife has the 4 and it doesn't lag.

09-21-2011 09:17 AM
    My wife has the 4 and it doesn't lag.

When you move the icons quickly, and when you put the phone to sleep and it takes a sec for the sound to play. Unless you are coming from wp, you probably wouldn't notice. The OS is definitely outgrowing the 1ghz processor, and not near as smith as wp.
    09-21-2011 09:32 AM
    The iphone is definitely not as fast as WP7, but it is smooth. Definitely smoother and faster than android devices. My WP always impresses me with the slickness when navigating around the phone and going through the apps. Mango is said to be faster so all I can say is wow!
    09-21-2011 11:38 AM

Another bonus point for WP7 is that you don't have to purchase an iHand so you don't hold it 'The Wrong Way' ;)
    palandri likes this.
    09-21-2011 11:59 AM
    I do like the new case design.

09-21-2011 12:08 PM
    Very smart, nearly as cool as the new Nokias. Tough call palandri. :)

palandri likes this.
    09-21-2011 12:16 PM
    Very smart, nearly as cool as the new Nokias. Tough call palandri. :)

I'll have to trade my N8 in when those come out.
    09-21-2011 12:28 PM
    I would think so, which one do you fancy ? I can't decide. The one on the right seems to have a Twitter live tile. Hmmm LOL
    09-21-2011 12:31 PM
    wow....talk about people acting like children, why do people feel the need to have loyalty to a certain brand? Its ridiculous, the IP4 lags?? Really? Must be something wrong with it as the 2 IP4's I had have never had any problems at all, I dont like Android as much as WP7 and IOS but I dont bash it like a child either, yes we get it you dont like it, but many dont like WP7 or Android or IOS, theres always opinions out their thats fine but why need to bash? Just makes people seem immature.
    09-21-2011 01:36 PM
    Hey it's a WP7 board, it's fun to bash everything else. Lighten up, the net would be very boring without the bashing. I'm a WP7 Fan and a proud one too LOL

So be it if that makes me immature, do i care? Not a jot! ;)
    psychotron likes this.
    09-21-2011 01:55 PM
    The same type of bashing occurs on Android and iPhone forums. Like WeeBear I'm a WP7 fan and I don't care a jot either, lol.

09-21-2011 02:01 PM
    If funny because if an iPhone or Android fan bashes WP7 then they are quick to bash and call them fanboys but they do the same exact thing, its ridiculous, these are freaking PHONES we are talking about, why people put so much emotion into it is beyond me, kinda embarrassing...
    09-21-2011 02:36 PM
    If funny because if an iPhone or Android fan bashes WP7 then they are quick to bash and call them fanboys but they do the same exact thing, its ridiculous, these are freaking PHONES we are talking about, why people put so much emotion into it is beyond me, kinda embarrassing...
    Very true indeed, but some things will never change mmaman. :)

By the way, my Omnia 7 is better than your phone! Oops! ;)
    09-21-2011 02:44 PM
    Very true indeed, but some things will never change mmaman. :)

By the way, my Omnia 7 is better than your phone! Oops! ;)
    I'd take it over my GS2....dont like Android too much, so yes you are correct, your phone IS better lol
    09-21-2011 03:33 PM
    Well i can honestly not bash Android as it's the only one I haven't tried.

Only thing i've done with it is have a 2 minute look through my friends (HTC Wildfire) and just hated the old boring icon look.

So can't really comment on how it felt.

(It's his second one, first one died after 3 weeks, and this one has reset a few times so he said)

Havn't had any problems at all so far with my Omnia. :)
    09-21-2011 03:50 PM
    Android can do a lot, more then any other OS, but it feels so unorganized and all over the place, unlike IOS and WP7, these OS are integrated and everything feels "right" Android is just a mess imo and I dont care too much about hacking and customization, cant wait to get an IOS or WP7 hopefully soon!
    09-21-2011 03:57 PM
    Well of course we all hope you go the WP7 route, but I wish you all the best with whatever choice you make. (Really) :)
    09-21-2011 04:21 PM
    Android can do a lot, more then any other OS, but it feels so unorganized and all over the place, unlike IOS and WP7, these OS are integrated and everything feels "right" Android is just a mess imo and I dont care too much about hacking and customization, cant wait to get an IOS or WP7 hopefully soon!
    I agree, Android has so much potential, but it's not there yet compared to IOS and WP. The only thing I miss from my droid is the ease of sharing YouTube videos. Other than that the smoothness and simplicity of WP7 is awesome.

09-21-2011 07:44 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD