Did Apple screw up?

archer75

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
ok so call IOS4S

Iphone 4S IS a software upgrade !!!! lol and a HW upgrade all in one

maybe you dont see the different cause apple is the ONLY company that make Iphone...

if MS was like apple , mango would have been the new phone and not the new update

so again.. its the same thing..... when i talk about FEATURES i talk about software....... HELLO!!!!

Nope, it's a hardware update. ios5 is a software update that will be arriving not just on the 4s(which could have give you a valid point) but on the ipad 1 and 2, ipod touch(3rd and 4th gen) and iphone 3gs, 4 and 4s.

So ios5 has been in development for less time than mango(at least based on announcements, who knows how long they work on stuff internally before they announce it) but you said it was the opposite but only because you were looking at the length of time for a hardware update. Two different things. This was the point I was trying to clarify. Just saying. If you want to be fair and all.

Nor does the iphone 4 and 4s have the same software. The 4s has the voice assistant which the iphone 4 does not. Though aside from that...

MS took 11nmonths for 500+features.
Apple took 16months for a *S*

Software update
Hardware update (denoted by your S)

Last edited:

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
ok so your telling me the NEW IOS5 is not a software update??? BTW iphone 4s COMES with IOS5 and iphone 4 can upgarde to IOS5 ....

the Iphone 4 doesn’t run the SAME software as Iphone 4s..... so yeah it is a software update.

your just contradict yourself by saying its not a software update.... ROLF...

its both .. new hardware and new software....

im done.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
LOL, I think you're confusing yourself.
You said iPhone 4 S is a software update, it is not. It's a hardware update. IOS5 is the software update that will run on the new Hardware. IOS5 will be available for the iPhone 4 also.

ok so your telling me the NEW IOS5 is not a software update???

the Iphone 4 doesnt run the SAME software as Iphone 4s..... so yeah it is a software update.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
LOL, I think you're confusing yourself.
You said iPhone 4 S is a software update, it is not. It's a hardware update. IOS5 is the software update that will run on the new Hardware. IOS5 will be available for the iPhone 4 also.

OMG!.... my head hurts.......

is the Iphone 4s ruining a diffrent OS then the Iphone 4? YES!!!

can you ****UPGRADE*** your Iphone4 to IOS5? YES!!!

ok so Iphone users are getting a software update? YES!!!

so if i have an Iphone 4 , i can get IOS5 like on a Iphone 4s? YES!

ok so upgarding from IOS 4 to IOS5 is not a software upgarde?? NO!!!!! it IS a software update...

gun-in-mouth.jpg

archer75

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
OMG!.... my head hurts.......

is the Iphone 4s ruining a diffrent OS then the Iphone 4? YES!!!

can you ****UPGRADE*** your Iphone4 to IOS5? YES!!!

ok so Iphone users are getting a software update? YES!!!

so if i have an Iphone 4 , i can get IOS5 like on a Iphone 4s? YES!

ok so upgarding from IOS 4 to IOS5 is not a software upgarde?? NO!!!!! it IS a software update...

Of course ios4 to ios5 is a software update. But that was never the point of the discussion.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
No, this is just wrong. This comparison doesn't work. That's all he was saying.
ok so call IOS4S

Iphone 4S IS a software upgrade !!!! lol and a HW upgrade all in one

maybe you dont see the different cause apple is the ONLY company that make Iphone...

if MS was like apple , mango would have been the new phone and not the new update

if you have an IPHONE 4 you can get a SOFTWARE update to IOS4S (w/e its called) hence why getting a 4s is useless unless you want a better camera or better hardware

example:
SAmsubng focus = Iphone 4 (pre mango and mango) ( pre-IOS4S and IOS4s)
Iphone 4s = samsung focus S (after mango) after IOS4S

software + hardware update. same thing.
You can get Mango on a Samsung Focus, so why get a Focus S. Faster processor, better GPU, BLUETOOTH 4.0!....

adamopinheiro

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Okay guys, Apple did the obvious but they made a very good phone even better with this update.

BUT they still have the same paradigm and that's what I want to change. That's why I am almost a WP user.

Now that is Nokia's window to jump back to the game. If they show us some respectable Windows Phones they will be able to make a huge dent in iOS and Android's marketshare.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
of course ios4 to ios5 is a software update. But that was never the point of the discussion.

that was the whole point!!!!!

Iphone 4s got upgraded to IOS5 ..... so the Iphone 4s got a software update compare to Iphone4

lost the link to my GUN IN MOUTH but it should be right here.

nyquistjack

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I think Sprint is the real loser here. The only thing I was waiting for on Sprint was to see if they'd get a new WP7 device or if the iPhone would finally get a larger screen. It seems pretty obvious to me Sprint is going to be a 2 trick pony. Android and the iPhone. I may have been willing to try out the iPhone if it finally got a 4.3" screen, but it didn't.

So, with the lousiest selection of phones in the industry (well, minus t-mobile) and the fact that they screwed me out of $400 I will be leaving Sprint for the cornacopia of devices over at ATT. Can't wait to get back to WP7.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Apple is right on track. Not their fault that people speculated their own thoughts on a new iPhone. They are repeating their SAME formula (3g, 3gS, IP4, IP4S) and might possibly do another iPhone the following year. People are doing way too much moaning over something that was never confirmed but aren't happy for the fact that there's ANOTHER carrier that has the iPhone. If you don't care, ignore it altogether and hold your wp7 PROUD. I know I am

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure Sprint would disagree with you. I'm sure they have a few people wanting an iPhone. And yeah, I think a couple of people want Android phones too.
I think Sprint is the real loser here. The only thing I was waiting for on Sprint was to see if they'd get a new WP7 device or if the iPhone would finally get a larger screen. It seems pretty obvious to me Sprint is going to be a 2 trick pony. Android and the iPhone. I may have been willing to try out the iPhone if it finally got a 4.3" screen, but it didn't.

So, with the lousiest selection of phones in the industry (well, minus t-mobile) and the fact that they screwed me out of $400 I will be leaving Sprint for the cornacopia of devices over at ATT. Can't wait to get back to WP7.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I think the 4s is going to be a hit. The hardware is pretty serious. I can only imagine what mango could do on that hardware.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

nyquistjack

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure Sprint would disagree with you. I'm sure they have a few people wanting an iPhone. And yeah, I think a couple of people want Android phones too.

Well, they invested $20 billion on the iPhone (ordered 30 million of the buggers). They have no exclusivity and their first iPhone is less than exciting. Customer service for Sprint has been going down the toilet for months. A lot of what I liked about them is gone, all in the name if getting the iPhone. Just call it a hunch that it won't be the cash cow they hope it will be. Time will tell

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Both were rumors. There's no proof that says sprint spent 20 billion on the iPhone. That rumor went hand and hand with the exclusivity rumor.
Well, they invested $20 billion on the iPhone (ordered 30 million of the buggers). They have no exclusivity and their first iPhone is less than exciting. Customer service for Sprint has been going down the toilet for months. A lot of what I liked about them is gone, all in the name if getting the iPhone. Just call it a hunch that it won't be the cash cow they hope it will be. Time will tell

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
are you kidding me?? of course they screwed up LMAO!!!

if you have a Iphione4 .. there is NO POINT in getting the Iphone 4S.. lol

its virtually the SAME phone. you can even upgarde the Iphone 4 to the new OS......

its a SAD day for apple .

I read an article on line about it and someone said this is, for the first time that Apple has maintained and not been ahead and they will noiw have to catch up or something like that. The only thing compeeling about the 4s is the 64GB memory. And with the notice that the Titan and Focus are using 16GB NAND memorty, hey if they can use 16GB they should be able to use 64GB NAND or dual NANDS

nrguser

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I think they are doing what Apple does and will always do. They follow the simple "don't break it if it aint broke". The Futurama episode where they have the "eyephone" is simply classic. Their cycles make since from a business standpoint, put new hardware and software into the same style phone and spend more time on a new device 2 years away. They really wouldn't be anywhere today without their developers and the apps they produce because of the lack of built in features, which is why I love my HTC Arrive.

I converted an iPhone user to Windows Phone simply on the basis that everything just works. Great battery life, easy interface, TONS of features built in (AKA less apps needed), and the up time. I have never had my phone crash, restart, or lock up once since I have owned it which coming from Winmo, Android, WebOS, and BB, that's one amazing feat.

I am jealous of one app though... I want Sim City 2000 for my WP7 :D

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Heck yeah Apple screwed up!! I am just losing faith that MS will capitalize. I still haven't seen a commercial on TV since Mango was released.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb