The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
08-12-2012 02:11 PM
50 12
tools
    I was just given "iPhone" for work. It's not "The iPhone" or "an iPhone", it's "iPhone." I'm already annoyed with that little nugget of pretentiousness. One of the first things it says in the cutesy "Finger Tips" guide is that iPhone is fragile and iPhone has glass on the front and back. I immediately went to the IT guy and asked if I was liable for iPhone when iPhone gets damaged. He said yes so I requested a case for precious iPhone. I was given this huge tank-like military-grade case that took me 15 minutes to get the damn phone in it.

Talk about a bad first impression.

I tediously set up my email and now have a new friend in the backspace key. iPhone has so far been nothing but a pain in i***, is more like iBrick, and harks back to i1997 with the 4:3 iScreen. iI idon't iunderstand iwhy ipeople ilove ithis ihonker iso imuch.
    Last edited by lippidp; 07-13-2012 at 12:39 AM.
    ilsonfan, soulzero, l_n and 9 others like this.
    07-13-2012 12:33 AM
    haha Grats?
    07-13-2012 12:43 AM
    How about you actually use it for a couple of days before you make any judgments?
    07-13-2012 05:21 AM
    I agree wholeheartedly.
    07-13-2012 07:25 AM
    It's not that bad, but if they tried telling me I was liable for the thing I wouldn't accept it. Or it would go into a desk drawer at the office until they figured out I wasn't using it.
    07-13-2012 08:52 AM
    lol!

good old Iphones = app launchers

every time i get into a argument about what phone is the best Isheep always turn back to JAILBREAK features.... fail fail fail ,,, talk to me stock to stock...
    Last edited by Se1fcr3ation; 07-13-2012 at 09:00 AM.
    snowmutt likes this.
    07-13-2012 08:55 AM
    You don't need to jailbreak an iPhone. If nothing else it has the best ecosystem. That alone makes it the best phone for the average consumer.
    07-13-2012 09:07 AM
    No it doesn't. It might make it the best ecosystem for the average consumer but not the best phone.
    07-13-2012 09:09 AM
    yeah the iphone really sucks, just ask the 41 million people who own one...

I love my wp7, it's my device of choice, but saying the iphone sucks is pretty funny. I definitely prefer wp7, but I certainly wouldn't say it's a bad phone.
    scottcraft likes this.
    07-13-2012 09:15 AM
    they are all good phones....

they make phone calls , SMS , E-mails , web browsing , etc... lol :lol:
    Kredrian likes this.
    07-13-2012 09:34 AM
    I'm not happy with my iPhone 4s. i got it on its release day so I've had plenty of time with it. It has more apps then I can shake a stick at, but for the most part, I only use the same couple of apps I had on my Pre. It does have probably the best ecosystem, but that may be changing when Win 8 launches.
    07-13-2012 09:53 AM
    I'm not happy with my iPhone 4s. i got it on its release day so I've had plenty of time with it. It has more apps then I can shake a stick at, but for the most part, I only use the same couple of apps I had on my Pre. It does have probably the best ecosystem, but that may be changing when Win 8 launches.
    yeah having lots of apps is very over rated ,, I saw a ssurvey saying that only 10% ( more or less ) of APPS are actually being downloaded or used from the App store.

when the Iphone has over 500k apps meaning only 50k apps get used....( more or less)

aside from that the Iphone has nothing special aside from app count witch as you can see is useless.

but obviously some people will argue that copy/past on Iphone is better and so on and so forth.... hehe :giggle::happy::giggle:
    07-13-2012 10:27 AM
    yeah the iphone really sucks, just ask the 41 million people who own one...

I love my wp7, it's my device of choice, but saying the iphone sucks is pretty funny. I definitely prefer wp7, but I certainly wouldn't say it's a bad phone.
    I thought the iPhone userbase was 100+ million and the iOS userbase at 300+ million.
    07-13-2012 10:37 AM
    I thought the iPhone userbase was 100+ million and the iOS userbase at 300+ million.
    could be, i just did a quick search and that was the first number that came up, 41 mil; 100 mil makes more sense, less than 10 mil a year seems really low now that I think about it
    07-13-2012 11:12 AM
    Just have to say... I Love the title of this thread. :D

My perception of iOS in a nutshell

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    lippidp likes this.
    07-13-2012 11:45 AM
    I was just given "iPhone" for work. It's not "The iPhone" or "an iPhone", it's "iPhone." I'm already annoyed with that little nugget of pretentiousness. One of the first things it says in the cutesy "Finger Tips" guide is that iPhone is fragile and iPhone has glass on the front and back. I immediately went to the IT guy and asked if I was liable for iPhone when iPhone gets damaged. He said yes so I requested a case for precious iPhone. I was given this huge tank-like military-grade case that took me 15 minutes to get the damn phone in it.

I tediously set up my email and now have a new friend in the backspace key. iPhone has so far been nothing but a pain in i***, is more like iBrick, and harks back to i1997 with the 4:3 iScreen. iI idon't iunderstand iwhy ipeople ilove ithis ihonker iso imuch.
    Brilliant post. I laughed so hard I almost wet myself. And I'm FAR too young for incontinence issues.
    snowmutt and l_n like this.
    07-13-2012 11:54 AM
    iPhone is a very good phone and capable phone.

Sounds like you want to hate the phone
    07-13-2012 01:02 PM
    wait till u find out u have to use the home button for everything... i missed the back button when i fiddled around with my girl friend's iphone lol

i do have to say their way to get to the multitasking screen is easier than wp though (and u can actually close apps from there) other than that the apps are annoying to use for me... why does all the back button have to be up top for many apps away from where my thumb is...
    07-13-2012 01:24 PM
    You don't need to jailbreak an iPhone. If nothing else it has the best ecosystem. That alone makes it the best phone for the average consumer.

Well, right now it's pretty much the only well-established ecosystem. When windows 8 launches this will change tho.
    07-13-2012 01:28 PM
    Even though I'm not a fan of the iPhone, I wouldn't go as far as to say it sucks. I mean if someone gave me one for free, I'd keep it as a second or backup phone.

The only things I don't like about the iPhone is it's tiny screen and it's real easy for me to get bored of the OS (I'm talking about the OS/interface only, not the apps) unless you jailbreak it. But then it becomes like Android where I'll end up customizing every little thing and wasting half a day on that. One more thing I dislike is I always tend to "lose" apps that I don't use often. Like if I have a lot of apps, I'll forget what page I placed it on, what it's position is on the page, or which folder it's in (if I decided to use folders). I always end up using the search, while on Windows Phone, everything is alphabetized, so that one app that I only use a couple times a month? It's always in the same place, every time.
    Nataku4ca likes this.
    07-13-2012 01:35 PM
    Do not anger iPhone! And in terms of the number argument, numbers equal a successful product campaign and that's it. It doesn't mean it's a better product than anything else. See Justin Bieber, Harry Potter, and any number of fads that sold millions but really are mediocre at best in terms of talent/ability/etc. I can bet you something crazy like 80% of iPhone users have probably never used another device and are so locked into the iSystem that they'd fear to stray.
    07-13-2012 08:11 PM
    could be, i just did a quick search and that was the first number that came up, 41 mil; 100 mil makes more sense, less than 10 mil a year seems really low now that I think about it
    100 million sales as of March 2011, and I believe over 200 million to date (adding quarterly reports to that 100 million figure).

yeah having lots of apps is very over rated ,, I saw a ssurvey saying that only 10% ( more or less ) of APPS are actually being downloaded or used from the App store. when the Iphone has over 500k apps meaning only 50k apps get used....( more or less)
    And I doubt that number is much different for Windows Phone (I'd actually expect it to be lower), so we only have 10k apps getting used. We're still behind by a considerable margin; we have 100k, but every time a new local service, budding Internet site or hit title drops, they are iOS and Android. There are no local news apps that measure up to pinning mobile sites (ick), and there's no decent app for public transport in my city. There's no official Pinterest or Tumblr app, and the third-party alternatives are limited. We have pretty much none of the fads you will see on iOS & Android, or we get them 12 months late.

Windows Phone 7 is a laggard in many, many regards. There are aspects I wouldn't want to give up - the ecosystem of trial software, the UI, the whole navigation paradigm - but ultimately, I don't think those aspects are enough to place it ahead of the pack. Here's to hoping for a better situation come Windows Phone 8.
    Last edited by AngryNil; 07-13-2012 at 10:30 PM.
    07-13-2012 10:24 PM
    100 million sales as of March 2011, and I believe over 200 million to date (adding quarterly reports to that 100 million figure).

And I doubt that number is much different for Windows Phone (I'd actually expect it to be lower), so we only have 10k apps getting used. We're still behind by a considerable margin; we have 100k, but every time a new local service, budding Internet site or hit title drops, they are iOS and Android. There are no local news apps that measure up to pinning mobile sites (ick), and there's no decent app for public transport in my city. There's no official Pinterest or Tumblr app, and the third-party alternatives are limited. We have pretty much none of the fads you will see on iOS & Android, or we get them 12 months late.

Windows Phone 7 is a laggard in many, many regards. There are aspects I wouldn't want to give up - the ecosystem of trial software, the UI, the whole navigation paradigm - but ultimately, I don't think those aspects are enough to place it ahead of the pack. Here's to hoping for a better situation come Windows Phone 8.
    To bad that number isn't correct. It should be dated back to 2007, not 2011. The numbers don't add up.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    07-13-2012 11:47 PM
    Yeah, but I would still prefer a Lincoln over a Ford. They both get you where you need to go. And they don't sell all that many Lincoln's.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    snowmutt and Kredrian like this.
    07-14-2012 12:47 AM

Honestly I think your judgements thus far are based on your assumptions of what the device is rather than what it actually is.

I've owned every iPhone that's been released, and while I don't use one anymore to say it's bad doesn't make sense to me. It has great industrial design, and yes it's made of glass but comparison drop tests with other phones show it's on par with others. I'm also pretty sure that when you boot up your windows phone it doesn't say "a windows phone" or "the windows phone". Phones are pretty much named this way, and the reason for that is that "iPhone" is the name of the specific product, not the category. You can say that you have a smartphone, but it would not be correct to say that you have "smartphone" unless the name of said phone was "smartphone".

Your first impression is also the non apple case your IT department gave you, that's certainly not Apple's fault either. When I got my HTC Trophy, one of the things I did was try the keyboard out, and I was happy that it was finally another on screen keyboard that was on par with the iPhone's. Like it or not it set a certain standard and that's what other manufacturers have worked towards.

I'm not trying to defend Apple or the iPhone here, I just think you should give it a fair shake. Enjoy the fact that almost all apps are available for it first, that there's an ecosystem of accessories that's unmatched by any other platform, and that even if it's boring it's a pretty reliable phone.... Then set it down when you get home and pick up your Windows Phone again and remember why you chose fresh and new over stagnant and old.
    07-14-2012 01:14 AM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD