iPhone. I got it but I don't get it.

lippidp

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I was just given "iPhone" for work. It's not "The iPhone" or "an iPhone", it's "iPhone." I'm already annoyed with that little nugget of pretentiousness. One of the first things it says in the cutesy "Finger Tips" guide is that iPhone is fragile and iPhone has glass on the front and back. I immediately went to the IT guy and asked if I was liable for iPhone when iPhone gets damaged. He said yes so I requested a case for precious iPhone. I was given this huge tank-like military-grade case that took me 15 minutes to get the damn phone in it.

Talk about a bad first impression.

I tediously set up my email and now have a new friend in the backspace key. iPhone has so far been nothing but a pain in i***, is more like iBrick, and harks back to i1997 with the 4:3 iScreen. iI idon't iunderstand iwhy ipeople ilove ithis ihonker iso imuch.

Last edited:

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
It's not that bad, but if they tried telling me I was liable for the thing I wouldn't accept it. Or it would go into a desk drawer at the office until they figured out I wasn't using it.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
lol!

good old Iphones = app launchers

every time i get into a argument about what phone is the best Isheep always turn back to JAILBREAK features.... fail fail fail ,,, talk to me stock to stock...

Last edited:

MrBurrrns

Banned
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
You don't need to jailbreak an iPhone. If nothing else it has the best ecosystem. That alone makes it the best phone for the average consumer.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
yeah the iphone really sucks, just ask the 41 million people who own one...

I love my wp7, it's my device of choice, but saying the iphone sucks is pretty funny. I definitely prefer wp7, but I certainly wouldn't say it's a bad phone.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm not happy with my iPhone 4s. i got it on its release day so I've had plenty of time with it. It has more apps then I can shake a stick at, but for the most part, I only use the same couple of apps I had on my Pre. It does have probably the best ecosystem, but that may be changing when Win 8 launches.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm not happy with my iPhone 4s. i got it on its release day so I've had plenty of time with it. It has more apps then I can shake a stick at, but for the most part, I only use the same couple of apps I had on my Pre. It does have probably the best ecosystem, but that may be changing when Win 8 launches.

yeah having lots of apps is very over rated ,, I saw a ssurvey saying that only 10% ( more or less ) of APPS are actually being downloaded or used from the App store.

when the Iphone has over 500k apps meaning only 50k apps get used....( more or less)

aside from that the Iphone has nothing special aside from app count witch as you can see is useless.

but obviously some people will argue that copy/past on Iphone is better and so on and so forth.... hehe :giggle::happy::giggle:

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
yeah the iphone really sucks, just ask the 41 million people who own one...

I love my wp7, it's my device of choice, but saying the iphone sucks is pretty funny. I definitely prefer wp7, but I certainly wouldn't say it's a bad phone.
I thought the iPhone userbase was 100+ million and the iOS userbase at 300+ million.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I thought the iPhone userbase was 100+ million and the iOS userbase at 300+ million.

could be, i just did a quick search and that was the first number that came up, 41 mil; 100 mil makes more sense, less than 10 mil a year seems really low now that I think about it

Mio_Ray

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Just have to say... I Love the title of this thread. :D

My perception of iOS in a nutshell

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I was just given "iPhone" for work. It's not "The iPhone" or "an iPhone", it's "iPhone." I'm already annoyed with that little nugget of pretentiousness. One of the first things it says in the cutesy "Finger Tips" guide is that iPhone is fragile and iPhone has glass on the front and back. I immediately went to the IT guy and asked if I was liable for iPhone when iPhone gets damaged. He said yes so I requested a case for precious iPhone. I was given this huge tank-like military-grade case that took me 15 minutes to get the damn phone in it.

Talk about a bad first impression.

I tediously set up my email and now have a new friend in the backspace key. iPhone has so far been nothing but a pain in i***, is more like iBrick, and harks back to i1997 with the 4:3 iScreen. iI idon't iunderstand iwhy ipeople ilove ithis ihonker iso imuch.

Brilliant post. I laughed so hard I almost wet myself. And I'm FAR too young for incontinence issues.

Nataku4ca

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
wait till u find out u have to use the home button for everything... i missed the back button when i fiddled around with my girl friend's iphone lol

i do have to say their way to get to the multitasking screen is easier than wp though (and u can actually close apps from there) other than that the apps are annoying to use for me... why does all the back button have to be up top for many apps away from where my thumb is...

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Even though I'm not a fan of the iPhone, I wouldn't go as far as to say it sucks. I mean if someone gave me one for free, I'd keep it as a second or backup phone.

The only things I don't like about the iPhone is it's tiny screen and it's real easy for me to get bored of the OS (I'm talking about the OS/interface only, not the apps) unless you jailbreak it. But then it becomes like Android where I'll end up customizing every little thing and wasting half a day on that. One more thing I dislike is I always tend to "lose" apps that I don't use often. Like if I have a lot of apps, I'll forget what page I placed it on, what it's position is on the page, or which folder it's in (if I decided to use folders). I always end up using the search, while on Windows Phone, everything is alphabetized, so that one app that I only use a couple times a month? It's always in the same place, every time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss