The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
09-21-2012 11:09 PM
71 123
tools
    You also have to consider that some current iP owners already decided to get the 5 a long time ago. All they really see is wow, it is thinner, lighter and has a bigger screen. They will buy it regardless and it will take some time to win them over.

My wife is one of them. I'm just dyng to see the longer term response to me shooting usable pictures, charging just by putting it down, tapping NFC tags and last but not least using the phone with gloves even in bright sunlight.

I'm sure she will like it, i'm just glad that there is a better option for me. :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    cckgz4 likes this.
    09-13-2012 03:41 PM
    anyone have pointers on how to convince them to at least have a look at what we're trying to show them?
    My first thought is to download the vibrate app, throw it in there lap.. and, go from there :) sooner or later, she will have to pick it up - dam, need a devil horn emoticon for this part... well, imagin one right here.....^ ^
    09-13-2012 05:26 PM
    Can't believe apple screw it up so hard. But to be honest the jumped from the 3Gs to the 4Gs was so high that it will be impossible to recreate that again.

Still I would prefer Nokia to take some cues from Apple, better technology but thinner and lighter Nokia, nobody wants to carry a brick. (The 920 weights almost like two Iphone 5)

I know there's a bunch of Samsung haters out here but no other phone can compare to the Galaxy 3 as of yet.
    I prefer my Quantum to the Galaxy SIII. So there.
    09-13-2012 07:18 PM
    Well if I'm going to be honest. If the Iphone 5 was on T-mobile, I would get it asap. IOS is tried and true.
    I agree. Cisco IOS is tried and true.
    rakeshrai and brmiller1976 like this.
    09-13-2012 07:21 PM
    Apple's disaster is only a disaster in the sense that the magic is gone. But even without the magic, they are a formidable company that makes high quality products. If they do fall, it won't be far. They're still probably going to have the best selling phones for several more years.

But they no longer appear to be infallible.

Make no mistake, the iPhone5 is still a great device. But it's not an innovative device that is forcing the industry to react to it. Instead, Apple is now reacting to the industry.
    Exactly. People will still snap this device up - but I don't see a lot of 4S's being flipped. 4's and 3GS's will probably upgrade, but there won't be anyone with Galaxy III's making the switch.
    09-13-2012 09:00 PM
    Friends! We can see! iPhone 5 (New iPhone) Accessories! Pretty cool, right! The most important is that now has a 20% discount! http://wz.gl/vgkv
    09-13-2012 09:23 PM
    That's where I'm at atm. I'm actually bored of watching the market and just wanna get something that works and is well supported and move on to real life things that are more important.
    Exactly why I moved to windows phone. Please don't think I'm judging cause I think the iPhone is a solid platform. But you and tails mimic the exact reasons for a lot of people coming to windows
    09-13-2012 09:34 PM
    Coming from a community that said specs didn't matter when their phones were limited to 2 year old hardware?

Not sure if serious.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    I think we still agree that specs don't matter if the performance is up to snuff or if OEMS finally hopped onboard the spec train. What we are saying is that if this were a lumia announcement with these specs, all the blogs would be extremely negative without blinking
    rakeshrai likes this.
    09-13-2012 09:42 PM
    As a former Apple fanboy in recovery, (the WP treatment has been helping.) I can truly say the iPhone 5 does not impress me much. Yes, it will sell well, but you can get anybody to buy most anything. Now if only MS understood marketing better.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    09-13-2012 09:47 PM
    What's so amazing about the new iPhone?
    beats me, i was shaking my head at that point

I wouldn't bother. These people will buy whatever is hot at the time. If Nokia overtake Apple in a couple of years, she'll be posting on Facebook about how much she loves Nokia.
    hehe, thats true, ill be waiting when that happens :)

My first thought is to download the vibrate app, throw it in there lap.. and, go from there :) sooner or later, she will have to pick it up - dam, need a devil horn emoticon for this part... well, imagin one right here.....^ ^
    i HAVE to try that, but i will need an iron mask first before i get slapped hard lol
    09-13-2012 09:49 PM
    You also have to consider that some current iP owners already decided to get the 5 a long time ago. All they really see is wow, it is thinner, lighter and has a bigger screen. They will buy it regardless and it will take some time to win them over.

My wife is one of them. I'm just dyng to see the longer term response to me shooting usable pictures, charging just by putting it down, tapping NFC tags and last but not least using the phone with gloves even in bright sunlight.

I'm sure she will like it, i'm just glad that there is a better option for me. :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Did you see this, by the way?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/iphone/197238.htm

:P
    09-14-2012 01:13 AM
    The speed at which the preorder sold out (and it's estimated that Apple pre-ordered at least five million) suggests* that once again the consumer never got that memo.

* Obviously we have to wait for independent confirmation.
    Last edited by cgk1; 09-14-2012 at 06:47 AM.
    09-14-2012 06:40 AM
    The speed at which the preorder sold out (and it's estimated that Apple pre-ordered at least five million) suggests* that once again the consumer never got that memo.

* Obviously we have to wait for independent confirmation.
    Ya, my friend just flashed that infront of my face in an email... I said, "what are you trying to prove to me?" I really don't care, was it not expected? perhaps it should've sold out in 4 hrs or less had it actually been a better phone lol.

I told him, had Steve Jobs still been around, the iPhone 5 would've possibly been revolutionary and way better than what had just been released. I feel this is true.

I can't stand Fanboys, they anger me so much. Trying to prove something to someone who really doesn't care is pointless, but my fanboy friend just keeps at it...

I keep telling him, why are you sending me this crap? stocks are going up, pre-sale sold out.. it's like he's defending a crappy device and trying to prove it with lame stats..

It's about the tech for most of us, to me its a tie for the Lumia 920/SGS3 and then the iPhone5. That's what really matters to me. Not sales #s, not stock prices.. but I guess if that's all they have to go on, that sucks for them lol
    09-14-2012 11:35 AM
    IDK, didn't think this picture was worthy of it's own thread, so I guess this is as good a home as any for it...

Last edited by sinime; 09-14-2012 at 10:32 PM.
    v10type-r likes this.
    09-14-2012 11:51 AM
    LOL, it's getting worse... Here is a photo of the iPhone 20...

09-14-2012 10:31 PM
    It's not far behind the Lumia 920, if Apple wanted to make a better phone than the 920, they could have make thick and large, but I believe that they have a winning formula that is working for the moment and we will certainly see a way better 5s, this is how Apple works.
    09-15-2012 01:16 PM
    Ya, my friend just flashed that infront of my face in an email... I said, "what are you trying to prove to me?" I really don't care, was it not expected? perhaps it should've sold out in 4 hrs or less had it actually been a better phone lol.

I told him, had Steve Jobs still been around, the iPhone 5 would've possibly been revolutionary and way better than what had just been released. I feel this is true.

I can't stand Fanboys, they anger me so much. Trying to prove something to someone who really doesn't care is pointless, but my fanboy friend just keeps at it...

I keep telling him, why are you sending me this crap? stocks are going up, pre-sale sold out.. it's like he's defending a crappy device and trying to prove it with lame stats..

It's about the tech for most of us, to me its a tie for the Lumia 920/SGS3 and then the iPhone5. That's what really matters to me. Not sales #s, not stock prices.. but I guess if that's all they have to go on, that sucks for them lol
    Steve Jobs was indeed a marketing beast he knew how to deal with the market and what people need... I look at the current phones on the market, none of them have answer a need like the iPhone did when Steve Jobs was in charge of the company.

I used to love each and every products they made, now all I see is "Let's just recycle some ideas to make them slightly better until we find something cool"

The world needs another Steve Jobs.
    09-15-2012 01:24 PM
    Steve Jobs was indeed a marketing beast he knew how to deal with the market and what people need... I look at the current phones on the market, none of them have answer a need like the iPhone did when Steve Jobs was in charge of the company.

I used to love each and every products they made, now all I see is "Let's just recycle some ideas to make them slightly better until we find something cool"

The world needs another Steve Jobs.
    No it doesn't. The 4S is a recycled 4 with a better antenna (out of necessity) a dual core processor and Siri. That was it. And that was his.

He was a great marketer, and he came up with beautiful designs - then he flogged the crap out of them - making little changes and calling them revolutionary.
    09-15-2012 09:42 PM
    No it doesn't. The 4S is a recycled 4 with a better antenna (out of necessity) a dual core processor and Siri. That was it. And that was his.

He was a great marketer, and he came up with beautiful designs - then he flogged the crap out of them - making little changes and calling them revolutionary.
    Retina display was a nice addition to the 4s, no matter what you say about apple they ALWAYS made improvements in tech and companies had to adjust theirselves to the new standards of Apple.

I don't see why people hate on the iPhone 5, sure it's not revolutionary, but it has some nice features and innovations like the LTE and CDMA chip as one... it is also very thin.

It's easy to laugh at Apple with the small and thin iPhone 5, when you compared it to the bulky Lumia 920, see what I did there?

Being objective is good, it helps making smart decisions and don't bash on a product that is good. I believe that if Apple did it with the same dimensions as the Lumia 920, it would have been miles ahead if you look at the slight difference in specs there is between the iPhone 5 and the 920...
    09-16-2012 11:40 AM
    lol, and it continues...

X0LARIUM likes this.
    09-16-2012 01:47 PM

It's ok. Give me an 'ugly' device like the Lumia 920! To me it's revolutionary!
    09-21-2012 11:09 PM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD