iPhone 5 stats

v10type-r

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
EarPods has to be the dumbest name I've ever heard, but the design is nice so I'm getting some.

The Earpods have a very similar tech and design as the Bose IE series headphones, except the Bose ones have interchangeable ear pieces.

A lot of ppl have bragged about the innovative Earpods, but don't think its anything new.

Its funny, I have a friend who is a hardcore Apple ******, and he kept trying to say things like "Apple has prices and release dates, new earpods and its thinner and lighter than the 920".

After all his key points he mentioned, which I thought were petty, I told him how satisfying it was for him to even compare his all mighty iPhone to my Nokia and Windows Phone as tho it was an immediate threat to thier god all mighty Apple products lol.

Are Windows Phones no longer a flea in the game? ;)

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Apple's disaster is only a disaster in the sense that the magic is gone. But even without the magic, they are a formidable company that makes high quality products. If they do fall, it won't be far. They're still probably going to have the best selling phones for several more years.

But they no longer appear to be infallible.

Make no mistake, the iPhone5 is still a great device. But it's not an innovative device that is forcing the industry to react to it. Instead, Apple is now reacting to the industry.

v10type-r

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Apple's disaster is only a disaster in the sense that the magic is gone. But even without the magic, they are a formidable company that makes high quality products. If they do fall, it won't be far. They're still probably going to have the best selling phones for several more years.

Make no mistake, the iPhone5 is still a great device. But it's not an innovative device that is forcing the industry to react to it. Instead, Apple is now reacting to the industry.

well said.

I'm just full of warm fuzzies cause my Apple ****** friends had really nothing relevant to brag about and have kept pretty silent since the "unveiling"...

Red Lemur

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Definitely an opportunity for Microsoft now. Lots of the news articles I'm reading suggest people are pretty underwhelmed by the iPhone release ("Yawn", "Wake me up when the iphone 5S is out",...), and really great to see a good few are comparing it to the 920 (which they detail as a more credible phone). Any publicity of other phones in iPhone articles I've read up until now have been e.g. S3/One X comparisons so I'm loving that WP8 is now being discussed by the press as a real contender.

I wonder if the adapter issue ('exclusively available from apple') will make even some ardent iPhone fans question how much they're willing to let their phone manufacturer trap them in the land of proprietary. It feels a step too far even for apple when they could have so easily used microusb.

I think it's a shame though; I'm not a big fan of the iPhone (it's that not very 'live' and a bit too retro windows 3.1 style grid of icons homescreen), but I'm always excited to see innovation. I though with Apple's budget they were going to show something really ground-breaking. I understand the updates under the covers / of the cover; but in total it just feels so 'same old same old'. There's nothing I can see that would make someone upgrading feel they've got something much different to if they'd felt-tipped over the '4' of their old phone with a '5'. Surely everyone when they look to get a new phone wants it to really feel like a big step up from the last - for it to show them something new. If we're dealing with people who think rationally at least a little past the marketing (which we're probably not!) the 920 is looking very attractive right now. Fingers crossed some of the tide is changing.

Last edited:

Nataku4ca

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I was truly saddened yesterday when one of the girl that i kind of like (even though i have a gf already lol :p) posted how amazed she is with the new iphone on facebook and brushed me off when i tried to suggest a better phone aka Lumia 920 :(

anyone have pointers on how to convince them to at least have a look at what we're trying to show them?

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I was truly saddened yesterday when one of the girl that i kind of like (even though i have a gf already lol :p) posted how amazed she is with the new iphone on facebook and brushed me off when i tried to suggest a better phone aka Lumia 920 :(

anyone have pointers on how to convince them to at least have a look at what we're trying to show them?

What's so amazing about the new iPhone?

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site

Says a lot about someone if they're ignorant to sound advice. That's an INSTANT turn-off for me.

I wouldn't bother. These people will buy whatever is hot at the time. If Nokia overtake Apple in a couple of years, she'll be posting on Facebook about how much she loves Nokia.

Sad.

Mio_Ray

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
You also have to consider that some current iP owners already decided to get the 5 a long time ago. All they really see is wow, it is thinner, lighter and has a bigger screen. They will buy it regardless and it will take some time to win them over.

My wife is one of them. I'm just dyng to see the longer term response to me shooting usable pictures, charging just by putting it down, tapping NFC tags and last but not least using the phone with gloves even in bright sunlight.

I'm sure she will like it, i'm just glad that there is a better option for me. :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ebaneeezor

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site

My first thought is to download the vibrate app, throw it in there lap.. and, go from there :) sooner or later, she will have to pick it up - dam, need a devil horn emoticon for this part... well, imagin one right here.....^ ^

lippidp

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Can't believe apple screw it up so hard. But to be honest the jumped from the 3Gs to the 4Gs was so high that it will be impossible to recreate that again.

Still I would prefer Nokia to take some cues from Apple, better technology but thinner and lighter Nokia, nobody wants to carry a brick. (The 920 weights almost like two Iphone 5)

I know there's a bunch of Samsung haters out here but no other phone can compare to the Galaxy 3 as of yet.
I prefer my Quantum to the Galaxy SIII. So there.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

Exactly. People will still snap this device up - but I don't see a lot of 4S's being flipped. 4's and 3GS's will probably upgrade, but there won't be anyone with Galaxy III's making the switch.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
That's where I'm at atm. I'm actually bored of watching the market and just wanna get something that works and is well supported and move on to real life things that are more important.

Exactly why I moved to windows phone. Please don't think I'm judging cause I think the iPhone is a solid platform. But you and tails mimic the exact reasons for a lot of people coming to windows

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Coming from a community that said specs didn't matter when their phones were limited to 2 year old hardware?

Not sure if serious.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

I think we still agree that specs don't matter if the performance is up to snuff or if OEMS finally hopped onboard the spec train. What we are saying is that if this were a lumia announcement with these specs, all the blogs would be extremely negative without blinking

Kredrian

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
As a former Apple ****** in recovery, (the WP treatment has been helping.) I can truly say the iPhone 5 does not impress me much. Yes, it will sell well, but you can get anybody to buy most anything. Now if only MS understood marketing better.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Nataku4ca

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
What's so amazing about the new iPhone?

beats me, i was shaking my head at that point

I wouldn't bother. These people will buy whatever is hot at the time. If Nokia overtake Apple in a couple of years, she'll be posting on Facebook about how much she loves Nokia.

hehe, thats true, ill be waiting when that happens :)

My first thought is to download the vibrate app, throw it in there lap.. and, go from there :) sooner or later, she will have to pick it up - dam, need a devil horn emoticon for this part... well, imagin one right here.....^ ^

i HAVE to try that, but i will need an iron mask first before i get slapped hard lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster