iPhone 5 stats

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
You also have to consider that some current iP owners already decided to get the 5 a long time ago. All they really see is wow, it is thinner, lighter and has a bigger screen. They will buy it regardless and it will take some time to win them over.

My wife is one of them. I'm just dyng to see the longer term response to me shooting usable pictures, charging just by putting it down, tapping NFC tags and last but not least using the phone with gloves even in bright sunlight.

I'm sure she will like it, i'm just glad that there is a better option for me. :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did you see this, by the way?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/iphone/197238.htm

:p

v10type-r

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
The speed at which the preorder sold out (and it's estimated that Apple pre-ordered at least five million) suggests* that once again the consumer never got that memo.

* Obviously we have to wait for independent confirmation.
Ya, my friend just flashed that infront of my face in an email... I said, "what are you trying to prove to me?" I really don't care, was it not expected? perhaps it should've sold out in 4 hrs or less had it actually been a better phone lol.

I told him, had Steve Jobs still been around, the iPhone 5 would've possibly been revolutionary and way better than what had just been released. I feel this is true.

I can't stand Fanboys, they anger me so much. Trying to prove something to someone who really doesn't care is pointless, but my ****** friend just keeps at it...

I keep telling him, why are you sending me this crap? stocks are going up, pre-sale sold out.. it's like he's defending a crappy device and trying to prove it with lame stats..

It's about the tech for most of us, to me its a tie for the Lumia 920/SGS3 and then the iPhone5. That's what really matters to me. Not sales #s, not stock prices.. but I guess if that's all they have to go on, that sucks for them lol

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
IDK, didn't think this picture was worthy of it's own thread, so I guess this is as good a home as any for it...

iphone10.jpg

Last edited:

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
It's not far behind the Lumia 920, if Apple wanted to make a better phone than the 920, they could have make thick and large, but I believe that they have a winning formula that is working for the moment and we will certainly see a way better 5s, this is how Apple works.

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Ya, my friend just flashed that infront of my face in an email... I said, "what are you trying to prove to me?" I really don't care, was it not expected? perhaps it should've sold out in 4 hrs or less had it actually been a better phone lol.

I told him, had Steve Jobs still been around, the iPhone 5 would've possibly been revolutionary and way better than what had just been released. I feel this is true.

I can't stand Fanboys, they anger me so much. Trying to prove something to someone who really doesn't care is pointless, but my ****** friend just keeps at it...

I keep telling him, why are you sending me this crap? stocks are going up, pre-sale sold out.. it's like he's defending a crappy device and trying to prove it with lame stats..

It's about the tech for most of us, to me its a tie for the Lumia 920/SGS3 and then the iPhone5. That's what really matters to me. Not sales #s, not stock prices.. but I guess if that's all they have to go on, that sucks for them lol
Steve Jobs was indeed a marketing beast he knew how to deal with the market and what people need... I look at the current phones on the market, none of them have answer a need like the iPhone did when Steve Jobs was in charge of the company.

I used to love each and every products they made, now all I see is "Let's just recycle some ideas to make them slightly better until we find something cool"

The world needs another Steve Jobs.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Steve Jobs was indeed a marketing beast he knew how to deal with the market and what people need... I look at the current phones on the market, none of them have answer a need like the iPhone did when Steve Jobs was in charge of the company.

I used to love each and every products they made, now all I see is "Let's just recycle some ideas to make them slightly better until we find something cool"

The world needs another Steve Jobs.

No it doesn't. The 4S is a recycled 4 with a better antenna (out of necessity) a dual core processor and Siri. That was it. And that was his.

He was a great marketer, and he came up with beautiful designs - then he flogged the crap out of them - making little changes and calling them revolutionary.

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
No it doesn't. The 4S is a recycled 4 with a better antenna (out of necessity) a dual core processor and Siri. That was it. And that was his.

He was a great marketer, and he came up with beautiful designs - then he flogged the crap out of them - making little changes and calling them revolutionary.
Retina display was a nice addition to the 4s, no matter what you say about apple they ALWAYS made improvements in tech and companies had to adjust theirselves to the new standards of Apple.

I don't see why people hate on the iPhone 5, sure it's not revolutionary, but it has some nice features and innovations like the LTE and CDMA chip as one... it is also very thin.

It's easy to laugh at Apple with the small and thin iPhone 5, when you compared it to the bulky Lumia 920, see what I did there?

Being objective is good, it helps making smart decisions and don't bash on a product that is good. I believe that if Apple did it with the same dimensions as the Lumia 920, it would have been miles ahead if you look at the slight difference in specs there is between the iPhone 5 and the 920...

rakeshrai

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

It's ok. Give me an 'ugly' device like the Lumia 920! To me it's revolutionary!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium