iPhone 5 stats

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Looking really good for WP and Nokia.
This launch might just gather ever so little more attention and customers for Lumia 920.

Same camera on iPhone 5 than on iPhone 4S, just thinner. Lumia 920 also has larger lens at 920 f/2.0 compared to f/2.4.

Lumia 920 has 35% more pixels. Even at 4.5" (compared to 4" on iPhone 5) the Lumia 920 is still has higher pixel density at 331ppi vs 326ppi on iPhone 5.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
This is it people...our turn to show the world what we truly are...

MS should have its gates open...this is the moment..

Sent from my DROID RaZr.

Yakkob

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Yup... The constant. Bashing kind of makes sense now...

Apple brought nothing to the table.

Very much a damp squib of an updated phone.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Even for one moment if I want to believe they did something....I can't..cause there just isn't anything..they just keep yapping about how good the new iPhone is..something others should be doing in the first place...

Calling your own product "Amazing" and "Perfect" is equivalent of liking your own Facebook status...IMHO...

Sent from my DROID RaZr.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Best part was when they mentioned 21MP and i was like oh fock, did Apple just beat Nokia on it's own game. It was just about iPhone being able to take panorama shots and so it can essentially take 21MP pics... lol.

Panorama pictures on your phone, that's like never seen on phones since 2007.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
So let me get this straight...

CPU ... Faster, but nothing spectacular.

Screen ... integrates the touchscreen sensor. So now when the screen cracks, the whole thing WILL stop working. But hey, it's thinner!! It's still lower resolution and pixel density though. Lame.

Camera ... Pathetic. Seriously? Your big improvement is panoramic shots? Oh, and image stabilization... wonder where I've heard that before...

LTE ... Yep. Just like everyone else has had for as long as a year in some cases, months in others.

No NFC. Lame.

Same OS just minor improvements throughout. Whoopty-friggen-doo!

Apple just launched a turd.

Millions of Lemmings, but millions fewer.

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Looking really good for WP and Nokia.
This launch might just gather ever so little more attention and customers for Lumia 920.

Same camera on iPhone 5 than on iPhone 4S, just thinner. Lumia 920 also has larger lens at 920 f/2.0 compared to f/2.4.

Lumia 920 has 35% more pixels. Even at 4.5" (compared to 4" on iPhone 5) the Lumia 920 is still has higher pixel density at 331ppi vs 326ppi on iPhone 5.

Larger aperture isn't better by default. HTC has f/2.2 in phones like the rezound, vivid, and mt4g and the 4S still outperformed them. Apple seems to have some really good post-processing built into their camera app that makes the pictures look really good.

The 900 had "OMG Carl Zeiss" lens and that turned out well. Will have to wait and see, especially how HTC and Samsung hardware stacks up since some people may only have that choice (like Arrive and Trophy on Sprint and Verizon).

I wonder what it's performance will be like with flash, since that's usually where the iPhone has been weak.

Don't think the ppi or pixel count matters the 5 has a 4" screen at almost same PPI it doesn't need more pixels, really.

I think hinging on Nokia is bad. Their phone will possibly be an exclusive (AT&T) so the other OEMs will need to be equally competitive for the platform to compete with ios5. And there is still great disparity in both ecosystem and developer support.

I think Microsoft needs some sticky features exclusive to their platform. Something like iMessage, BBM, FaceTime (which will see more use now that it's 3G/4G enabled) they need some features that force people to really advertise the platform. Everyone thinks their platform of choice is tops, but the sticky features are what really accelerate adoption and force people to evangelize.

The new ipod touch is incredible, though...

Additionally BB10 is coming soon and looking pretty good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Best part was when they mentioned 21MP and i was like oh fock, did Apple just beat Nokia on it's own game. It was just about iPhone being able to take panorama shots and so it can essentially take 21MP pics... lol.

Panorama pictures on your phone, that's like never seen on phones since 2007.

Most phones compress the panorama into uselessness, so a 21 MP panorama actually is mention able. Have you ever taken a panorama from a phone before? Galaxy S2 panoramas were useless, for example.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

MikeInBA

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
the big surprise is that Apple was able to keep such a lid on an updated iPhone 4s. I just wonder if the masses will buy in to it, or see it for what it is. If the thing sells like hotcakes (3g & 4 numbers), then im afraid both WP8 and Android will be SOL. If it tanks (and by apple tanking, I mean, doing very well if it was another phone), then this could be the dawn of death for iPhone....relegated to "just good enough", and seen as just an ipod with a phone. Which makes me wonder if Apple really wants to sell the iPod touch, or are they going to try and move iPhone in to a AAA mp3 player market, and just keep the nano & shuffle as their only dedicated music players.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I think the apple is starting to rot. Shouldn't have left the partially eaten fruit out for so long.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
So let me get this straight...

CPU ... Faster, but nothing spectacular.

<snipped>

Are you sure it's faster? They barely said anything about the A6, or did I miss something?

All we know is the Apple A6 has Cortex A15's inside. That is comparable to WP8's Krait or Samsung's upcoming Exynos architectures. My guess is the iPhone 5 CPU isn't faster at all, but similar or even slower in a few select areas.

The GPU is another matter. I'm still willing to bet it will destroy everything currently on the market, including those in upcoming WP8 devices :( I think the GPU is the only spot the iPhone 5 is likely to be superior, but officially that is still just speculation.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
the big surprise is that Apple was able to keep such a lid on an updated iPhone 4s. I just wonder if the masses will buy in to it, or see it for what it is. If the thing sells like hotcakes (3g & 4 numbers), then im afraid both WP8 and Android will be SOL. If it tanks (and by apple tanking, I mean, doing very well if it was another phone), then this could be the dawn of death for iPhone....relegated to "just good enough", and seen as just an ipod with a phone. Which makes me wonder if Apple really wants to sell the iPod touch, or are they going to try and move iPhone in to a AAA mp3 player market, and just keep the nano & shuffle as their only dedicated music players.

Regarding the iPod Touch, they never cared about it... and yes, it's always been the plan to leave Shuffles as players for the fitness folks, and iPhone for the MP3 player crowd. All about consolidation. That is the only sound strategy they have, because it's part of how they keep their profit margins so high.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure it's faster? They barely said anything about the A6, or did I miss something?

All we know is the Apple A6 has Cortex A15's inside. That is comparable to WP8's Krait or Samsung's upcoming Exynos architectures. My guess is the iPhone 5 CPU isn't faster at all, but similar or even slower in a few select areas.

The GPU is another matter. I'm still willing to bet it will destroy everything currently on the market, including those in upcoming WP8 devices :( I think the GPU is the only spot the iPhone 5 is likely to be superior, but officially that is still just speculation.

They described it as 22% faster or something like that. I dunno. That's why I declared it a "who cares", lol.

The GPU is important, and I think theirs is good, but I don't think the other platforms are anything to scoff at with a fine-tuned platform. I guess we'll see when WP8 is announced with some game support. Native code access is going to help tremendously.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077