Just had a look at the iPhone 5

Heron_Kusanagi

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Being someone who is biased against Apple, I have to say that the material quality of the phone is there but is too light for me. Also, I am stunned at how spartan it feels. There's just no sense of the OS being alive, and apps are like their own mini-OS with no sense of continuity.

It somehow feels better with the whole 'you got to use Metro' feel from Microsoft. Gives more coherence to the phone.

You got to hand it to Apple though, my area's out of stock.

EDIT: And the taller profile made me feel that the power button is now not placed in the right place.

Last edited:

bayotte

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
It feels good, but looks and does pretty much the same thing as the 4 and 4S. It's a nice phone, but thats it. I seriously don't get the hype around it? Seriously?

WP8 U.I. and the Lumia 920 is so the cats meow baby!!:D I just don't know what color to go with?

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean you don't get the hype? It has a bitten apple logo on it. If apple said you can see the iPhone 6 prototype if you jump off a cliff. Then half the fan base would.

Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

vp710

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean you don't get the hype? It has a bitten apple logo on it. If apple said you can see the iPhone 6 prototype if you jump off a cliff. Then half the fan base would.

557384_10151025258777105_608000792_n.jpg

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Wonder if the Pied Piper is looking for work.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Great hardware. Haven't used a 4s but it seems to run smoother than the previous iPhones. It might have the same internals as the 4s, but for those that were waiting for the specs AND a bigger screen, they've finally got it. Can't fault them for being happy. I wish this community were more happier in their selections

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
sorry I dint want to start a new thread but..

I just saw a TV add for the Iphone5 , all they talked about for 2min was the earphones.....

are they running out of ideas or what....

ironsoulreaver

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I wish the Screen was wider too, I would like the screen to upscale for larger icons and whatnot, not more real estate persay. Everything is just so small for my large fingers. It's a big part of why Windows Phone is so interesting.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I wish the Screen was wider too, I would like the screen to upscale for larger icons and whatnot, not more real estate persay. Everything is just so small for my large fingers. It's a big part of why Windows Phone is so interesting.

I agree with you. I like to type in portrait mode, not landscape mode. The iPhone in all incarnations has been too narrow for me to type in portrait mode.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I haven't played with a 5, but everything I read about it says it's an extremely powerful phone. My wife plans on getting one in November.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss