Migrating from iOS to WP8

bird law

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
This Christmas my son is getting my iPad and mid next year I'll be up for renewal on my cell, I'm considering either staying with iOS or moving to WP. I like iOS because their stuff has excellent design and build quality (especially when compared to Android), the app ecosystem and the ease of iCloud sync.

I'm on Verizon and I'm hoping they get a cool Nokia phone, their designs are what caught my eye first and got me to further look into WP8. I'm hoping the app ecosystem comes along and in 6 months expect most of the heavy hitter apps to be ready to go for WP8.

My question, syncing among multiple WP8 and Windows 8 devices, how well does it work and how easy is it? Can I have Office on my phone WP8 tablet and PC and all my documents stay in sync between them?

Also, if you have moved from iOS to WP8, what were some struggles you had? What were some pluses of moving?

Thanks, first post here on wpcentral, just trying to wrap my head around if I want to fully jump ship from iOS soon.

brianLTE

May 30, 2012
Visit site
It would be hard to accurately talk about the differences when it could all change by the time you upgrade. I switched from an iPhone and the only negative side was apps. But it has been about 6 months and it is already times better. Apple is really bad with Internet services like iCloud or whatnot. WP integration to everything is amazing. Watch some of the "meet your match" videos and you'll learn a lot of the killer features.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
My master copies of important documents are all on my Skydrive and are easily accessible by my phone, tablet and laptop for editing, viewing and sharing. And I have Office on each device as well, so it is pretty seamless. If I deem some docs to be not as important, I'll keep them as local only and not put them on the cloud. It works perfectly for me.

By the way, iCloud employs Azure, a Microsoft product. Apple tried their homegrown version of cloud computing and fell short in the beginning.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa