Wordament now on iOS

Tahiti Bob

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I used to find that annoying but I get it now. Xbox is the Microsoft entertainment service, by having it on all platforms they make their next console the definitive choice and the living room is where their next big battle is. Annoying for WP users but makes sense for Microsoft as a company.

Tahiti Bob

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Also, think about how much more attractive it will be for developers to make mobile Xbox games. This is a genius move in the big scheme of things but not everyone will be happy with it understandably.

vedichymn

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
The fact that it has achievements was the most interesting part to me. The Xbox integration was one of the selling points of windows phone to me, having that available on another platform makes it a bit less compelling.

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Cool. I can play with actual friends now, lol. And folks need to lighten up and stop acting irrational about mobile games and apps.

c8m6p

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I mean I can see why they did it, and it will be cool to crush all the noobs, but I feel kind of weird about it. I was playing wordament when seeing 200 people on it was considered huge. I would expect the amount of people playing is going to skyrocket.

Silent Rage

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
WTH, Microsoft released Wordament for iOS

Can someone explain what in the world Microsoft is thinking with releasing Wordament for iOS? This is one of those games I used to convince some of my friends when I explain about Windows Phone. It seems Microsoft is picking petals off a flower each day...."fight, don't fight, fight, don't fight,...." Grrrrr!!

mjr.mn/UWKS2d

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: WTH, Microsoft released Wordament for iOS

Nothing wrong with Microsoft doing this.

Hoepfully iOS and WP peeps can play together.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site

Microsoft is the open, user-friendly company.

Evil companies restrict users, play games with application availability, block new apps that would help end-users, break e-mail syncing, etc.

Microsoft's on the side of good. We should hope they keep being good, because that will win the day.

Consumers aren't stupid. When Apple tells them they cannot have a normal charger, but have to buy a $30 cable from Apple, they know that's evil. When Google tells them they cannot have their Gmail anymore unless they install a proprietary Gmail app on their iPhones, they know that's evil too. Eventually it gets to be too much, and more people join us in the light! :D

Gaichuke

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site

To me this sounds like a fantastic way for Microsoft to educate iPhone users.

They will learn about great applications that are originally clearly from Windows Phone due to the Windows UI (the art formerly known as Metro) and hopefully get intrigued enough to try one the next time they see one.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
RE: WTH, Microsoft released Wordament for iOS

Great move! Love the openiness. Now only if they can get hotmail, aka outlook.com to work with a MAC
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Metrosity

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I can understand why they did it but I'm just glad the dudes behind Wordament will get more exposure and we'll get more players i.e leaderboard competition :)

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I wish they would have released the app, but without Xbox Achievements. They should have had the achievements (like other games that don't link with Xbox live) with a disclaimer that if they play the game on Windows 8 or Windows Phone, they could receive Xbox achievements.

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
They will learn about great applications that are originally clearly from Windows Phone due to the Windows UI (the art formerly known as Metro) and hopefully get intrigued enough to try one the next time they see one.

I believe the saying is, "why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?"

iPwnza

Banned
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft just ticked me off.

The two newset articles on wpcentral - zombies, run and wordement basically gave up WP. SERIOUSLY?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo