06-17-2013 09:21 AM
146 1234 ...
tools
    Typical apple, but the new UI will be accepted by the public because they love anything apple makes
    06-10-2013 02:50 PM
    Typical apple, but the new UI will be accepted by the public because they love anything apple makes

I don't know about that since Apple is not the darling it once was. The comments on various sites and twitter reactions to iOS 7 are mostly negative and mocking Apple for following MS' lead.
    06-10-2013 02:55 PM
    Funny how the fan boys will claim the design is radical. Makes me proud of MSFT #WP8 is a very original design. Every other OS I've seen just looks same with different layouts
    Kevin Rush likes this.
    06-10-2013 02:55 PM
    I like the Moments camera roll, but the music icon was more of orange-pink reminds me of Zune.
    06-10-2013 02:58 PM
    All this apple stole this apple borrowed that need to stop. Nothing in this world is original. Every phone OS's do the same things they just present them differently. This is how the OS's are built. Apple took ideas others have and made them better. Its that simple. Any of you wp8 users have to admit that having a real multitasking, a way to shut down apps, a notification center, a quick launch, real xbl integration , would be greatly appreciated among our community. Look at io7 new photo album. Omg I want that on my Lumia. I want to be able to make albums on my Lumia , I want these features. Microsoft is just too slow and incompetent. To do it.
    xandros9 likes this.
    06-10-2013 03:16 PM
    Watched the reveal trailer and felt pretty underwhelmed. I'd like to see that 3D wallpaper effect implemented and recommended apps based on location seems like something fun to experiment with, but other than that everything looks a bit too simplified for my tastes and I'm sure we'd be able to get those features later either by updates or apps. The way they try so hard to tap into the emotions of familiarity and nostalgia just makes me want to puke, though.

But I digress, there's a rather large market that they're catering to here so I'm not really in a position to say what they're doing is wrong. It's just not for me.
    aximtreo likes this.
    06-10-2013 03:19 PM
    So...nobody "borrowed" anything from the Wii?
    xandros9 likes this.
    06-10-2013 03:20 PM
    All this apple stole this apple borrowed that need to stop. Nothing in this world is original. Every phone OS's do the same things they just present them differently. This is how the OS's are built. Apple took ideas others have and made them better. Its that simple. Any of you wp8 users have to admit that having a real multitasking, a way to shut down apps, a notification center, a quick launch, real xbl integration , would be greatly appreciated among our community. Look at io7 new photo album. Omg I want that on my Lumia. I want to be able to make albums on my Lumia , I want these features. Microsoft is just too slow and incompetent. To do it.
    yawn. Apple claims that everyone steals from them, so turnabout is fair play. I'm sure they appreciate you being apologetic on their behalf, though.
    06-10-2013 03:21 PM
    I was on iOS from the beginning and frankly, had they come out with iOS7 prior to the launch of the Lumia 920, I'd have probably stayed with them. I think the MS look and feel is much better than iOS and I think my Nokia runs circles around the iPhone, but what Apple is able to do with integration just blows away the competition. My Nokia still doesn't speak to my Surface Pro or my Skydrive or my laptop running 8 anywhere near the way Apple has been able to get everything to speak to each other seamlessly. I can't stand that my various devices just haven't sync'd up the way they did (and still do) on iOS, nor does my phone handle emails nearly as well as iOS does with Exchange (still drives me absolutely bats**t crazy). And my Surface still doesn't manage any of it in tandem the way iOS does, although my Surface blows AWAY the iPad. When I was on iOS I always joked that Android did a lot of nice things but they never seemed to "finish" anything. It always looked and felt rough, thrown together and rushed. While I still love all things MS, I have to say I feel the same way about MS now that I'M all things MS. It's just not finished...and iOS is, whether they stole it or not. And kudos to them for that.
    Last edited by TripsG; 06-10-2013 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Spelling
    06-10-2013 03:34 PM
    think of this as some strange bastardization of Windows Phone and TouchWiz. If Apple fanbois rave over this they will have finally jumped the shark. I've never seen a company steal so hard and look so desperate. And they had the balls to say most Android users were on an OS from 2010....iOS is from 2007!
    It's the first time I've watched an Apple keynote in years - I was genuinely interested in what they'd being to the table with iOS 7. It's not that bad, WP can look worse in some situations.

What I was amazed by though was the "They say we can't innovate my ***" to making a round professional workstation that makes the word 'professional' redundant by making it about as maintainable as the rest of their range (i.e. not). At least they've finally admitted at least that their pretence of having a swappable display card was nonsense - Given the size of the thing, the GPU's are MXM's on custom coolers which won't get any worthwhile third party support - so actually, no change there. e.g. I'm finally changing some of my Pro's to a brand-new card that in the PC world recently got obsoleted.

Yup. I think they've done enough for your average easily-marketed-to moron to go "wow this is new! so cool!"
    06-10-2013 03:34 PM
    Multitasking in shape of cards was born with webOS and kept alive with BlackBerry (copied if you will) and then wp adopt it also
    06-10-2013 03:37 PM
    I imagine Microsoft so happy ...
    Tomanband likes this.
    06-10-2013 03:51 PM
    Microsoft is just too slow and incompetent. To do it.

You excuse Apple for basically copying MS and Windows Phone yet then say that MS is too incompetent to do other things.

Maybe MS knows what they are doing considering Apple is the one following their design now.
    06-10-2013 03:54 PM
    I love when you ask why someone bought an iphone and you get the blatant response of 'Because it's the best'... without acknowledging all the other great handsets out there packed full of features. Most people buy an iphone or an app because everyone else is doing it...

Apple have an awful habit of taking an idea, adding a bit of polish and then telling the world they came up with it and everyone believes them!
    RussellMb and Kevin Rush like this.
    06-10-2013 04:29 PM
    I've seen design theft before, but never, EVER this blatant. Watching WWDC...its like this bizarre parallel world. MSFT's lawyers have got to be smelling blood.
    is there anything in particular you're refering to ?
    maybe some pictures ?

I watched wwdc, looked pretty blah to me.
    06-10-2013 04:41 PM
    is there anything in particular you're refering to ?
    maybe some pictures ?

I watched wwdc, looked pretty blah to me.
    I don't see any Windows Phone in it, other than maybe the lockscreen.
    But really, the only reason I see a link to WP is because all the pre-WWDC articles hyped it as flat, but this is flatter I guess, but they're flouting the 3D-ness of the UI (the layered homescreen or something like that)
    06-10-2013 04:49 PM
    They can only copy so much, for so long. I believe in Windows Phone. And when we prevail, justice will be served :)
    06-10-2013 04:54 PM
    I don't see any Windows Phone in it, other than maybe the lockscreen.
    you should see their multitasking screen. Exact same as in windows phone... except it seems you can swipe up one of the preview frames to close (just like in W8, and what we all want on WP8)
    06-10-2013 04:57 PM
    Uh..The resemblance is subtle at best. Everyone is going to flatter, minimalist designs. WP was kind of the first in the mobile world, which is cool. I'm sure Apple was inspired by Metro design, but this is quite a bit different.

And guess what guys? Tech companies have been copying each other forever. Microsoft has done it, Apple has done it. Everyone's done it.
    06-10-2013 04:58 PM
    Now the Android guys are trying to claim that iOS 7 copies more design elements from Android than it does from Windows Phone. This whole launch has been full of laughs!
    06-10-2013 05:53 PM
    But I have two iSheep in my class that keep talking about it and it is driving me crazy as hell.
    get out the clipper and shave them for their wools!
    06-10-2013 05:58 PM
    you should see their multitasking screen. Exact same as in windows phone... except it seems you can swipe up one of the preview frames to close (just like in W8, and what we all want on WP8)
    And that you say was copied from Windows? Lemme tell you about a little OS I used. Its called WebOS. It is not cool to claim someone stole what you stole from another. Better everyone just shuts up and hopes no one finds out.
    mlm1950, James Doan and FinancialP like this.
    06-10-2013 06:20 PM
    Lol I just said I like the moments feature, didn't really say I want it on my Lumia. Fanboy much?
    06-10-2013 06:20 PM
    I like the interface of iOS7. It is much cleaner and looks much better. I still like Windows Phone better as everything is tied to my outlook.com account. (email, calendar, xbox, and office)

I think that one thing that would really open the door for MAC desktop is if they let hotmail sync like it does with iOS. I hate that I don't have my Outlook.com calendar on my iMAC 2011 besides looking it it via the webpage.
    Mahdi Ghiasi and xandros9 like this.
    06-10-2013 06:32 PM
    06-10-2013 06:40 PM
146 1234 ...