Wow Apple.....just wow.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
is there anything in particular you're refering to ?
maybe some pictures ?

I watched wwdc, looked pretty blah to me.

I don't see any Windows Phone in it, other than maybe the lockscreen.
But really, the only reason I see a link to WP is because all the pre-WWDC articles hyped it as flat, but this is flatter I guess, but they're flouting the 3D-ness of the UI (the layered homescreen or something like that)

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I don't see any Windows Phone in it, other than maybe the lockscreen.
you should see their multitasking screen. Exact same as in windows phone... except it seems you can swipe up one of the preview frames to close (just like in W8, and what we all want on WP8)

nokialove

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Uh..The resemblance is subtle at best. Everyone is going to flatter, minimalist designs. WP was kind of the first in the mobile world, which is cool. I'm sure Apple was inspired by Metro design, but this is quite a bit different.

And guess what guys? Tech companies have been copying each other forever. Microsoft has done it, Apple has done it. Everyone's done it.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Now the Android guys are trying to claim that iOS 7 copies more design elements from Android than it does from Windows Phone. This whole launch has been full of laughs!

vdroide

May 23, 2013
Visit site
you should see their multitasking screen. Exact same as in windows phone... except it seems you can swipe up one of the preview frames to close (just like in W8, and what we all want on WP8)

And that you say was copied from Windows? Lemme tell you about a little OS I used. It?s called WebOS. It is not cool to claim someone stole what you stole from another. Better everyone just shuts up and hopes no one finds out.

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
All this apple stole this apple borrowed that need to stop. Nothing in this world is original. Every phone OS's do the same things they just present them differently. This is how the OS's are built. Apple took ideas others have and made them better. Its that simple. Any of you wp8 users have to admit that having a real multitasking, a way to shut down apps, a notification center, a quick launch, real xbl integration , would be greatly appreciated among our community. Look at io7 new photo album. Omg I want that on my Lumia. I want to be able to make albums on my Lumia , I want these features. Microsoft is just too slow and incompetent. To do it.

Lol I just said I like the moments feature, didn't really say I want it on my Lumia. ****** much?

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I like the interface of iOS7. It is much cleaner and looks much better. I still like Windows Phone better as everything is tied to my outlook.com account. (email, calendar, xbox, and office)

I think that one thing that would really open the door for MAC desktop is if they let hotmail sync like it does with iOS. I hate that I don't have my Outlook.com calendar on my iMAC 2011 besides looking it it via the webpage.

zkSharks

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
The cards UI for multitasking originated with webOS, but at this point is present with BlackBerry 10, Windows Phone, and to some extent Android (more so with third-party overlays ? I'm looking at you, HTC Sense ? than for stock Android, however). As for the new iOS 7 lockscreen, it's very reminiscent of Android's (complete with the 'bubbles' live background and all).

Take a look at this: Apple's iOS 7 'copied' everyone - and that's a good thing | Android Central

vdroide

May 23, 2013
Visit site
What?s even more interesting, Apple never said any of this was revolutionary or innovative. They were sneaking in snarky comments about their running out of felt and leather. Apple played catch up with iOS 7. But it is good stuff..

Eric4Smith

May 26, 2013
Visit site
The problem I see with MS is that we will probably prevail over IOS in the next update, but that won't be until later this year or early 2014, 6 months at least in which IOS will probably be on their way with bigger and better things, it seems as though we will always be behind

Brian Sump

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
iOS7 does look very good, but I think the changes are largely cosmetic; the OS doesn't seem to fundamentally interact with data any differently. So yes, it looks pretty, and there are some new bells and whistles, but it doesn't seem to allow live tiles or be quite as 'person centric' as the WP experience is.

I do agree though that MS needs to get on the ball and update their OS more frequently and more effectively. The longer they take between iterations the farther they have to go each time. And that's never good or easy.

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
LOL! I love the irony of people getting up in arms about Apple copying Microsoft. The graphical user interface, icons on a desktop, mouse input, an app store, the whole concept of an app - who's been copying who?

Oliver Newell

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
The font on the start unlock screen and multitasking is BLATENTLY copying Windows phone !!!! Make my blood boil. This icons are android rip off. Watch this space for the lawsuits with Microsoft and google

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)