Wow Apple.....just wow.

Daniel Anderson3

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
yeah the interface is horrible. they fail to copy wp. they fail to invent something new other than trash. no contrast hard to see anything. horrible color schemes. pathetic

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
That home screen looks fairly horrid with those flattened icons. Of what I've seen, the rest of the OS looks "pretty". Can you post some images in this thread, or links, to what the design theft is of? O

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Following the rule of own thread ..I don't want bash Apple, but Android has killed it for Apple. Just google MIUI Minimalatoc theme and I will see the design is already old...IMHO. It's very Apple though...

edit: The screenshots don't look real. They look like a design work. I hope someone has tested this on a real device... : P

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
How is it apple can completely redesign their operating system UI's in 225 days and Microsoft couldn't?. The home screen on IOS 7 sucks but ever aspect of the ios7 is awesome. Everything is animated , bright, a new notification center with control center shortcuts. Wtf

andrelamont

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
skipping past the presentation of the UI,

I like the features so far

* number blocking..great for blocking ex-mates and telemarketers
* web-browsing...swipe to go forwards/backwards to previous pages
* quick controls for (wifi, bluetooth, brightness and etc) although I believe android had it first(?)
* The ability to prevent thieves from re-using a device that has been lost.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
To be honest, I actually like iOS 7. But some things drive me crazy, because they took some things from WP.

But Microsoft better announce something great...

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
skipping past the presentation of the UI,

I like the features so far

* number blocking..great for blocking ex-mates and telemarketers
* web-browsing...swipe to go forwards/backwards to previous pages
* quick controls for (wifi, bluetooth, brightness and etc) although I believe android had it first(?)
* The ability to prevent thieves from re-using a device that has been lost.

Most of the new features are stolen. Multitasking from WP7, quick access from Android, swipe to go back and forward in browser from W8, back button from BB10... It never ends.

andrelamont

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Most of the new features are stolen. Multitasking from WP7, quick access from Android, swipe to go back and forward in browser from W8, back button from BB10... It never ends.

They may not be original ideas or thoughts but they are still nice features to have. I just wish MS would 'copy' some features too. I mean how many development shops do you think are larger than MS? maybe google, maybe apple, maybe amazon?

They have the development resources but I am not sure if its a high priority compared to their other billion dollar businesses.

Right now, I don't care about MS innovations more that just copying features from iOS/Android...then once feature parity is achieved, then innovate like crazy! (as a side note, I am suprised that iOS doesnt have profiles yet! I mean c'mon, how many iDevices are shared amongst friends/kids where they somehow managed to screw something up)

futurix

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site

At least they are implementing them instead of pretending they are not needed - like Microsoft with notification centre. Or quick access. Or real multitasking.

Plus multitasking is "stolen" from webOS, and you could get this task switcher on jailbroken iPhones before WP7 was even released - I suspect that was the real source of inspiration.
Quick access is an extension of existing feature that in iOS 6 appears on double press of the home button.
Swipes in browser were in many iOS apps already (Instagram comes to mind).
etc, etc

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Is it fine to "copy" or "borrow" the idea if you can do it better? I wouldn't mind my Nokia 920 getting some of these "borrowed" or "copied" ideas.

The way I see it, whoever can implement it best is just fine with me.

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Like the others, I honestly think this is just some MIUI theme, so it's not really a 'wow' factor. Where Apple, I wouldn't say failed, but rather how they delivered the 'flat' (more like gradient, and Windows Aero with all that transparency) UI to iOS, could be achieved with jailbreak. It isn't something new, I think what people wanted was a UI redesign, as in not theming iOS, but changing how the UI works and operates and not being just a sea of static icons, hence people's blank expressions on their faces while, some even tried to fake a smile.

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
The issue that i see with iOS7 is that it doesn't feel consistent across screens. They don't have a unified language going on. Depending what screen you're in, there are elements of Metro, Android's Holo, and even webOs/MIUI. That and the translucency blur effect from the Vista Aero days just doesn't look modern to me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077