Wow Apple.....just wow.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Even non WP fans are claiming that it is too much like WP.

Edit: someone just showed me some side by side comparison pictures of iOS 7 features compred to Windows Phone and wow it's like Apple just ran out of original ideas.

SnatchedIT

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
The design is surely new and unique, not really my style tho. I'm more concerned by the fact there's no real revolution in here: there's nothing really amusing to get excited for. Apple had the chance to reedem itself and become the innovator like at the first iPhone times (which was the first modern smartphone), but they just added some new-not revolutionary functions and redesigned the UI.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
iOS 7 looks great. Some people will never be happy with anything unless it's got a Microsoft logo on it.

Its not that. People are saying that apple copied some features from BB10, android and WP. While not trying to innovate like what Google and MS did they are just stealing from the competition

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Typical apple, but the new UI will be accepted by the public because they love anything apple makes

I don't know about that since Apple is not the darling it once was. The comments on various sites and twitter reactions to iOS 7 are mostly negative and mocking Apple for following MS' lead.

blacquay

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Funny how the fan boys will claim the design is radical. Makes me proud of MSFT #WP8 is a very original design. Every other OS I've seen just looks same with different layouts

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
All this apple stole this apple borrowed that need to stop. Nothing in this world is original. Every phone OS's do the same things they just present them differently. This is how the OS's are built. Apple took ideas others have and made them better. Its that simple. Any of you wp8 users have to admit that having a real multitasking, a way to shut down apps, a notification center, a quick launch, real xbl integration , would be greatly appreciated among our community. Look at io7 new photo album. Omg I want that on my Lumia. I want to be able to make albums on my Lumia , I want these features. Microsoft is just too slow and incompetent. To do it.

cybodroid

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Watched the reveal trailer and felt pretty underwhelmed. I'd like to see that 3D wallpaper effect implemented and recommended apps based on location seems like something fun to experiment with, but other than that everything looks a bit too simplified for my tastes and I'm sure we'd be able to get those features later either by updates or apps. The way they try so hard to tap into the emotions of familiarity and nostalgia just makes me want to puke, though.

But I digress, there's a rather large market that they're catering to here so I'm not really in a position to say what they're doing is wrong. It's just not for me. :smile:

dalydose

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
All this apple stole this apple borrowed that need to stop. Nothing in this world is original. Every phone OS's do the same things they just present them differently. This is how the OS's are built. Apple took ideas others have and made them better. Its that simple. Any of you wp8 users have to admit that having a real multitasking, a way to shut down apps, a notification center, a quick launch, real xbl integration , would be greatly appreciated among our community. Look at io7 new photo album. Omg I want that on my Lumia. I want to be able to make albums on my Lumia , I want these features. Microsoft is just too slow and incompetent. To do it.
yawn. Apple claims that everyone steals from them, so turnabout is fair play. I'm sure they appreciate you being apologetic on their behalf, though.

TripsG

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I was on iOS from the beginning and frankly, had they come out with iOS7 prior to the launch of the Lumia 920, I'd have probably stayed with them. I think the MS look and feel is much better than iOS and I think my Nokia runs circles around the iPhone, but what Apple is able to do with integration just blows away the competition. My Nokia still doesn't speak to my Surface Pro or my Skydrive or my laptop running 8 anywhere near the way Apple has been able to get everything to speak to each other seamlessly. I can't stand that my various devices just haven't sync'd up the way they did (and still do) on iOS, nor does my phone handle emails nearly as well as iOS does with Exchange (still drives me absolutely bats**t crazy). And my Surface still doesn't manage any of it in tandem the way iOS does, although my Surface blows AWAY the iPad. When I was on iOS I always joked that Android did a lot of nice things but they never seemed to "finish" anything. It always looked and felt rough, thrown together and rushed. While I still love all things MS, I have to say I feel the same way about MS now that I'M all things MS. It's just not finished...and iOS is, whether they stole it or not. And kudos to them for that.

Last edited:

fatpigeon

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
think of this as some strange bastardization of Windows Phone and TouchWiz. If Apple fanbois rave over this they will have finally jumped the shark. I've never seen a company steal so hard and look so desperate. And they had the balls to say most Android users were on an OS from 2010....iOS is from 2007!

It's the first time I've watched an Apple keynote in years - I was genuinely interested in what they'd being to the table with iOS 7. It's not that bad, WP can look worse in some situations.

What I was amazed by though was the "They say we can't innovate my ***" to making a round professional workstation that makes the word 'professional' redundant by making it about as maintainable as the rest of their range (i.e. not). At least they've finally admitted at least that their pretence of having a swappable display card was nonsense - Given the size of the thing, the GPU's are MXM's on custom coolers which won't get any worthwhile third party support - so actually, no change there. e.g. I'm finally changing some of my Pro's to a brand-new card that in the PC world recently got obsoleted.

Typical apple, but the new UI will be accepted by the public because they love anything apple makes

Yup. I think they've done enough for your average easily-marketed-to moron to go "wow this is new! so cool!"

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft is just too slow and incompetent. To do it.

You excuse Apple for basically copying MS and Windows Phone yet then say that MS is too incompetent to do other things.

Maybe MS knows what they are doing considering Apple is the one following their design now.

kalo88

May 8, 2013
Visit site

I love when you ask why someone bought an iphone and you get the blatant response of 'Because it's the best'... without acknowledging all the other great handsets out there packed full of features. Most people buy an iphone or an app because everyone else is doing it...

Apple have an awful habit of taking an idea, adding a bit of polish and then telling the world they came up with it and everyone believes them!

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I've seen design theft before, but never, EVER this blatant. Watching WWDC...its like this bizarre parallel world. MSFT's lawyers have got to be smelling blood.

is there anything in particular you're refering to ?
maybe some pictures ?

I watched wwdc, looked pretty blah to me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb