Wow Apple.....just wow.

AiR DEGETA

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
think of this as some strange bastardization of Windows Phone and TouchWiz. If Apple fanbois rave over this they will have finally jumped the shark. I've never seen a company steal so hard and look so desperate. And they had the balls to say most Android users were on an OS from 2010....iOS is from 2007!

Well Apple can make the iphone & OS look like a turd literally & the fanboys would still do backflips & wait in lines for days for it, so I stop taking them seriously apple a long time ago to be honest. My HTC Arrive is more reliable & faster than the iphone 5's I have seen.

Lumio

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm having a hard time understanding the Apple hate personally. Are we just jealous of them getting things we don't have but should have had?

I honestly don't see anything wrong with the design. The wallpaper I'm sure can be changed or removed. The way the system works seems to be fluid and well thought out. I'm really trying to understand the hate. What am I missing? Is it simply because it's Apple?

We definitely know that they brought the touch-screen-mobile revolution with their iPhone.
They've developed a consumer mindset that their products are unique and stand apart from the crowd. They've set the standard for themselves. So whatever they do out of their principle, will backfire themselves.

IMO, this should be the reason for iHate.

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Well Apple can make the iphone & OS look like a turd literally & the fanboys would still do backflips & wait in lines for days for it, so I stop taking them seriously apple a long time ago to be honest. My HTC Arrive is more reliable & faster than the iphone 5's I have seen.
Funny how you talk about Apple making a turd and making people love it; while simultaneously showing your love for Windows Phone 7. Classic :grincry:

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a hard time understanding the Apple hate personally. Are we just jealous of them getting things we don't have but should have had?
Yes. People have been crying for a notification center for over a year now; it's still not here. People cried about it on iOS and it was delivered.
People have been crying about the ability to close apps from multitasking screen on Windows Phone and it's still not here. People cried about it on iOS and it has been delivered.
People have been crying about shortcut to toggles like WiFi/BT on Windows Phone and it's still not here. People cried about it on iOS and it has been delivered.

The hate for iOS from Windows Phone fans comes from envy. Because Apple regularly delivers where Microsoft consistently not only under-deliver, but simply do not deliver promised things (enthusiast program).

jonathan sink

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Is it fine to "copy" or "borrow" the idea if you can do it better? I wouldn't mind my Nokia 920 getting some of these "borrowed" or "copied" ideas.

The way I see it, whoever can implement it best is just fine with me.

I agree with you, however what pisses me off is when friends (isheep) pretend that its brand new, apple just invented it. I showed a friend yesterday a lot of my phone and the pics from ios7, after doing so he said "yeah there nothing alike, and man ios7 is beautiful". At first I thought he was joking but I was wrong he was completely serious.

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I agree with you, however what pisses me off is when friends (isheep) pretend that its brand new, apple just invented it. I showed a friend yesterday a lot of my phone and the pics from ios7, after doing so he said "yeah there nothing alike, and man ios7 is beautiful". At first I thought he was joking but I was wrong he was completely serious.
People think its brand new because of the utter failure of Windows Phone to capture even a single iota of mindshare in 3 years. Whenever an iOS fan fails to see anything copied from Windows Phone, think of it as a failure on Microsoft's part to get their products in the hands of the consumers. With just 1% world wide market share how the heck can you expect people to even have any knowledge of what Windows Phone looks like? Blame Microsoft, not your friends.

csd_images

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Yes. People have been crying for a notification center for over a year now; it's still not here.

There is a number of factors and rumours why the notification area isn't there. The first quote is they ran out of time. Time for what is a question that should be asked.

1) It's well known that MS has a three screens visions with a homogeneous vision across the platforms. It's possible that MS is envisaging a unified notification centre for all devices. Android and iOS don't need this complexity.

2) The recent 8.1 leaks show that the notification centre is there in a pre-release phone. So are a number of other enhancements people have been clamouring for.

3) Development and validation takes time especially for a business focussed company like MS. So far WP 8 has been remarkably stable and MS has been reasonably quick to resolve most bugs, apart from Storage but that's been addressed in a future update and has been stated as such.

Would people like faster feature releases? Sure but remember MS is the middle of one of it's biggest restructuring and refocussing exercises in it's history these things don't happen overnight.

Yes I would like features I miss from WinMo, but even for me the phone is sufficient to deal with 90% of my tasks. The main weakness is calendars and UI headaches.

peacock93

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Most of the new features are stolen. Multitasking from WP7, quick access from Android, swipe to go back and forward in browser from W8, back button from BB10... It never ends.

Actually if you take a step farther back Window Mobile had all of these things plus dual volume control. I just wish MS could have carried everyone of them over to Windows Phone. I absolutely love my 920 and WP8 but it is frustrating waiting on features that we already had back on Windows Mobile.

z33dev33l

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Actually if you take a step farther back Window Mobile had all of these things plus dual volume control. I just wish MS could have carried everyone of them over to Windows Phone. I absolutely love my 920 and WP8 but it is frustrating waiting on features that we already had back on Windows Mobile.

It also had a dreadful UI, a market that worked on almost no devices and may have even been more broken than android.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
There is a number of factors and rumours why the notification area isn't there. The first quote is they ran out of time. Time for what is a question that should be asked.

1) It's well known that MS has a three screens visions with a homogeneous vision across the platforms. It's possible that MS is envisaging a unified notification centre for all devices. Android and iOS don't need this complexity.

I don't see the 'complexity' here but I'll let the slide. Bringing it out in you mobile platform first would have been ideal.

2) The recent 8.1 leaks show that the notification centre is there in a pre-release phone. So are a number of other enhancements people have been clamouring for.

We have no idea what is coming out as that was a pre-release. It has been stated by WPC that the notifications centre is no longer there but we have no idea if it's been removed or changed. As for other features who knows what we'll get. Depends if they care to listen to their users or will assume that WP users will take what they will be given.

3) Development and validation takes time especially for a business focussed company like MS. So far WP 8 has been remarkably stable and MS has been reasonably quick to resolve most bugs, apart from Storage but that's been addressed in a future update and has been stated as such.

This is a lie. MS hasn't done much in the last 9 months since the release of WP8 to rectify problems. You just need to look at these forums and see the repeated issues over an over again. Not sure if it's 100% MS issues but it appears to be. It seems more like they're concentrating on getting users on board then fixing problems. Some users have been lucky and have had no problems, others not so much.

Would people like faster feature releases? Sure but remember MS is the middle of one of it's biggest restructuring and refocussing exercises in it's history these things don't happen overnight.

Yes I would like features I miss from WinMo, but even for me the phone is sufficient to deal with 90% of my tasks. The main weakness is calendars and UI headaches.

There is no reason why the platform couldn't have been released with some of the most basics features that most mobile platforms have currently, released it with features that made it premium and then have the competition play catch-up. As it is, it's MS playing catch-up in all aspects. Regardless of their grand plan they should have at least got the WP platform 'right' first.

I'm not a ****** of any technology. I have no stake in WP, Apple or Android. I just want a good mobile experience.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2011
Visit site

1- Envisioning is something else, delivering it is something entirely different. The end user doesn't care about what Microsoft envisions.
2- Pre-release versions don't count because that's not what the end consumers use.
3- They sure seem to be taking their sweet time.

The biggest restructuring doesn't seem to stop them constantly churning out updates for Surface RT and Surface Pro, as well as for Windows 8.

potxnoodle

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I am not an apple hater but honestly could not agree more with this thread, it does look "eughh" and they have taken the best bits off WM which gives me all the ammo i need to start making fun of my iPhone using friends. It will stop apple users being bored of the UI as it is a fresh redesign,but surely they are smart enough to see past the tacky redesign....

vdroide

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I am not an apple hater but honestly could not agree more with this thread, it does look "eughh" and they have taken the best bits off WM which gives me all the ammo i need to start making fun of my iPhone using friends. It will stop apple users being bored of the UI as it is a fresh redesign,but surely they are smart enough to see past the tacky redesign....

So you go around making fun of people based on their phone choice. Don?t you have a job or have to study or something? How does an OS design give you ammo? What sort of battles are your fighting? How old are the users of Mobile Nations?

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
So you go around making fun of people based on their phone choice. Don?t you have a job or have to study or something? How does an OS design give you ammo? What sort of battles are your fighting? How old are the users of Mobile Nations?
Windows Phone users don't usually have a lot to do on their phones, so they make fun of those who have the choice of 900,000 apps :p

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Even though your iPhone has 900000 apps you continue to hang around here most of the time. Sounds like you have some kind of Windows Phone inferiority complex.

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
yes, and some people will never be happy with MS and continue posting negative comments about MS and WP8 regardless of the topic of the thread. You call everyone here fanboys, when you're a hateboy
iOS 7 looks great. Some people will never be happy with anything unless it's got a Microsoft logo on it.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Show me something new

Pastel and rainbow colors make IOS 7 Childish.. like a toy..

Your posts are becoming boring. Should I start showing what iPhone has over WP? Why point to the one thing that is similar?

At least Apple is listening to their users and delivering. Can't say the same for MS and we can't even say they will deliver.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo