Wow Apple.....just wow.

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
That's a fair point, MS really needs to improve their execution, people say that their delivery schedule is similar to that of Android and iOS, but forget that they are playing catch-up, so they really need to speed things up and deliver a lot of basic features that are missing from WP8
Your posts are becoming boring. Should I start showing what iPhone has over WP? Why point to the one thing that is similar?

At least Apple is listening to their users and delivering. Can't say the same for MS and we can't even say they will deliver.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Somebody show these Windows Phone fans what the multitasking on Web OS looks like. It seems as if these people are oblivious to this platform.

Why bother with WebOS, why not just show Symbian? Looks exactly the same, except it has an X to close programs and it's true multitasking.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
That's a fair point, MS really needs to improve their execution, people say that their delivery schedule is similar to that of Android and iOS, but forget that they are playing catch-up, so they really need to speed things up and deliver a lot of basic features that are missing from WP8

Agree totally and something I've pointed out before except I keep being told to be patient as the mighty MS knows what they are doing...

So I've agreed to be patient until Windows 8.1 (Blue) or whatever it's called and then I'll see.

raacut

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
lmao , windows phone has nothing . nothing that makes a user experience better . No screen orientation lock , no universal phone search , iphone even has a one button switch between a silent profile.( i miss profiles soooo much from symbian ). In order to actually kill an app i have to keep pressing the back button. I cant set custom tones for sms ( have to chose from stock). no notification centre... i hear random sounds from my phone and i have no idea what the heck got beeped......and i know im not the only one.

The iphone where its at is perfect. Ppl that use the iphone have very little complaints. Its a mature platform . WP8 is not . its been 3 years.....

jonathan sink

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand why so many people are just hating on WP. If your that unhappy why are you here? If apple so superior why are you here? Get you iPhone join imore and be happy.

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
due to cross licensing agreements i think MS will let it slide. (Surface has magnetic charging pin which is exclusive to Apple but because of that same agreement MS can use that technology.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Talked to one of my Apple loving friends this morning and he thought that the new iOS reminded him of Vista mixed with Windows Phone. He had to concede that Apple has lost its touch going back to the iPhone 5 release.

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Stop talking iOS was nothing after 3 years after first release . Just look what they have now and compare it to WP. If Microsoft continue to ignore everything they will lost every user! Do we really need to wait 3 years for notification center?
doesn't matter wen OS was released, the only think is matter, what is has right now!
I am big MS fan , but I can admit that WP right now looks like home brew app, made by developers who never used any smartphones before

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand why so many people are just hating on WP. If your that unhappy why are you here? If apple so superior why are you here? Get you iPhone join imore and be happy.

I don't mind criticisms of Windows Phone because we all know WP is not perfect. I wouldn't want this place to turn into Crackberry where any negative post is immediately tarred and feathered by dozens of posters. The thing is that criticisms from actual users (who also post positive things) are acceptable and necessary to have a proper discussion.

However, this forum has a subset of posters who do nothing other than bash Windows Phone, MS, and fans of those two things. Also, they defend any other platform tooth and nail while never sticking up for Windows Phone. That's pretty much textbook definition of a "Tr***".

raacut

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site

There in lies the problem. WP8 has absolutely no right to bash on iphone when it is so far behind it in regards to features. The other thing is to not be defensive about the platforms deficiencies. Is the platform going to move forward if someone lists a shortcoming of wp8 and gets labled a 'windows basher' ?

People on these forums have a prevalent attitude that nothing is wrong with windows phone. People that ask for screen orientation lock get labled lazy , (for wanting to use their phone while in bed....http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8/205545-orientation-lock.html) . then you have People actually arguing against a different ring tone for apps like twitter, facebook , whatsapp etc. http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...do-all-apps-have-same-notification-sound.html.

I bought a windows phone because i like the ui design , and i like the philosophy. That doesnt change the fact that in a competitive market it is behind every other platform when it comes to features. Listing those deficiencies will only make the platform develop more. In the mean-time be realistic and dont mess with the other mature ,feature rich platforms because wp8 is far far behind.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Yes. It has been three years. Where was IOS three years after it was released? Certainly not where it is now. Maturity takes time. 7 years later, look at IOS.

But look at it this way: should we say that WP is equal to iPhone because, 3 years after release, it's as far along as iOS was 3 years after release? Of course not! I couldn't care less where iOS was 3 years after it was released. This is 2013, and we should be comparing each platform in its present state. Who cares how old they are? It's very possible that in another 3 years WP will be at least equal to where iOS is now, but by then iOS will be 3 years further down the road.

Reading back over what I just wrote, it seems very elementary. :angel:

anon(6038817)

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I think iOS 7 looks good and brings many great features to the most mature mobile device platform out there. The fact that those features existed on other platforms beforehand doesn't necessarily mean they were copied outright. But comparisons can and should be made.

Are any of the enhancements in iOS 7 innovative? No.

Will they make me take a second look at getting an iPhone? Absolutely. I'd be stupid to limit myself to one brand or ecosystem if there is something out there that will meet more of my needs/wants.

That said, I just got my Nokia Lumia 521 yesterday. It is my first experience with Windows Phone and, at $130, it's not a huge risk. I plan to give it at least a few months of daily use to try out Windows Phone and see if it's for me.

I've had extensive experience with iOS (6 and prior) and Android and I think I can definitely say at this point that Windows Phone has more potential than either of those platforms. I'm looking forward to learning more about it!

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I have to say that during the presentation I thought oh, that's sweet, when I saw the massive pictures of nice clean looking graphics. But then I saw a smaller picture of it rendered on a iPhone 5 sitting on a table and thought, that just looks like an iPhone. A small, limited grid of static icons.

Didn't look massively different like that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs