Wow Apple.....just wow.

jonathan sink

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
There in lies the problem. WP8 has absolutely no right to bash on iphone when it is so far behind it in regards to features. The other thing is to not be defensive about the platforms deficiencies. Is the platform going to move forward if someone lists a shortcoming of wp8 and gets labled a 'windows basher' ?

People on these forums have a prevalent attitude that nothing is wrong with windows phone. People that ask for screen orientation lock get labled lazy , (for wanting to use their phone while in bed....http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8/205545-orientation-lock.html) . then you have People actually arguing against a different ring tone for apps like twitter, facebook , whatsapp etc. http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...do-all-apps-have-same-notification-sound.html.

I bought a windows phone because i like the ui design , and i like the philosophy. That doesnt change the fact that in a competitive market it is behind every other platform when it comes to features. Listing those deficiencies will only make the platform develop more. In the mean-time be realistic and dont mess with the other mature ,feature rich platforms because wp8 is far far behind.

I hear ya I'm not referring to the average using saying man it would be great to have a "fill in the blank". However I was referring to the people who are by there on statements in love with another os and sit in a WP forum and do nothing but bash it for the sake of making there preferred os looking better in there eyes.

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
OMG Windows phone doesn't have a notification centre! We're doomed, doomed I tell you!

I don't think that's the right attitude. You don't find notification centre a necessary feature, which is totally fine, I don't need one either, however there have been a lot of other people asking for it, it has come up a lot of times on these boards and on this site; the competition has it as well, so I think it's a necessary feature to implement even if you don't find it important.

tomatoes11

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Best thing about the presentation:

View attachment 35550

WP right on iOS's heels, leaving Andy waayy behind!!

It doesn't tell anything considering a majority of those Android phones are prepaid level phones in a lower price bracket. To do a proper comparison, maybe just compared the flagships and you will see a much closer result. Or just compare the mid range phones which would exclude Apple entirely because all of their phones are marketed to the high end.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Saw it today on office. Was laggy and slow. And extremely heavy. And the UI looks strictly ok. But yes, the phone was old and this is till beta...so yea..

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I read a couple of articles about iOS 7 yesterday. Really not feeling it at all, and I say this as a fan of both iOS and WP. I think when it's available, I'll probably stick with iOS 6 for my iPhone 4 and new iPod touch.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
due to cross licensing agreements i think MS will let it slide. (Surface has magnetic charging pin which is exclusive to Apple but because of that same agreement MS can use that technology.
Actually Microsoft holds the patent(s) for the magnetic charging connector. Apple pays MS for it.

Wow, looking across the internet the reviews are really mixed on iOS 7. From "Hate it", "Love it", to "Meh...". But the consensus has been "they borrowed/stole/lifted from (insert other mobile O/S here)."

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I don't think that's the right attitude. You don't find notification centre a necessary feature, which is totally fine, I don't need one either, however there have been a lot of other people asking for it, it has come up a lot of times on these boards and on this site; the competition has it as well, so I think it's a necessary feature to implement even if you don't find it important.

The point of my post was not to say that we don't need a notification centre. What I was trying to say is that people who call Windows Phone a failure just because it doesn't have a notification centre are foolish.

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
fair enough, was hard to tell from the original post
The point of my post was not to say that we don't need a notification centre. What I was trying to say is that people who call Windows Phone a failure just because it doesn't have a notification centre are foolish.

SnatchedIT

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
A notification center is not mandatory for me, but a quick menu for connections and stuff would be nice. Actually I am greatly satisfied of WP 8 except the storage problems, now that we have instance and many other wanted apps I'm happy.

fatpigeon

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I read a couple of articles about iOS 7 yesterday. Really not feeling it at all, and I say this as a fan of both iOS and WP. I think when it's available, I'll probably stick with iOS 6 for my iPhone 4 and new iPod touch.

Well - unless they've copied this from other companies as well, as usual for Apple I guess we can expect iOS 7 to run artificially slow on current handsets in order for people to upgrade to whatever junk they're selling next...

Storl

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I'd say "femine" describes the UI design of iOS7 accurately, especially being presented on the white iPhone made the whole design very girlish, you can't really complain about the features iOS7 has, it's pretty good and this update brings far more features then.. 8.1 will for WP will ever bring, probably :(

fatpigeon

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I'd say "femine" describes the UI design of iOS7 accurately, especially being presented on the white iPhone made the whole design very girlish, you can't really complain about the features iOS7 has, it's pretty good and this update brings far more features then.. 8.1 will for WP will ever bring, probably :(

You can't really expect anything else from a company who makes housewife-grade computers and hasn't followed the trend in handsets getting bigger because they make phones for women's hands as a target. Which is why they made their phone longer to squeeze in moar pixels instead of wider.

TrustyCow Dog

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure about anyone else but I think the new design is disgusting. Like I want to vomit, and I actually feel bad for iOS users now. The washed out colors, the lack of contrast any where, its gross. A total turn off. This is something that would have been cool 3 years ago, not so much now.

And I'm far from an apple hater. I actually enjoy their products and services, but I don't think I'll be making much use of them any more.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I've seen design theft before, but never, EVER this blatant. Watching WWDC...its like this bizarre parallel world. MSFT's lawyers have got to be smelling blood.
I don't know whether you have noticed but Apple and Microsoft have a reasonable relationship and that has been the case for years. You can be assured that Apple has already licensed any applicable technology and has a royalties agreement in place for any design elements. Apple's war is with Google and the litigation is mostly legitimate.. Why people seem to think that everyone is engaged in some juvenile male contest is beyond me. Do you really think they licensed Bing and then ripped off something else? They also telegraphed these design changes months ago. Google rips off its competitors and then hides behind its OEMs. Apple's and Microsoft's lawyers probably vetted everything months ago since that is how grown ups interact with each other. They also probably vetted the inevitable ads with Microsoft poking fun at the imitation.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
It's all good.

The closer it looks to WP, the easier it will be for Apple people to transition to WP in the future.

:smile:

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I love the new features of iOS 7 but I hate the new look. The colors are too bright and playful and the icons don't look nice. Better than previous versions of iOS, but still ugly.

However, the new features are really nice. I like the Control Center and how it's so easy to access (swipe up from the bottom of the screen). The notifications center was also improved, something that WP needs to improve upon. The ability to go back by swiping to the right is something so simple yet so useful. And not to mention Siri now uses Bing :)

Microsoft really needs to bring it for the 8.1 update. There has to be new features. If they can catch up to iOS and Android in this update, then they can try to pass them up in the next. Hoping for the best...!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6