05-17-2014 11:56 PM
54 123
tools
    I'm not to impressed with iOS 7, i have a iPod touch 4g and 5g, and the 5g can upgrade to iOS 7.

But i'm not doing it, Apple does innovate but not nearly a much as they used to. My Macbook Air is now the discontinued model...

Oh yeah and OS X Mavericks... What the heck?
    06-10-2013 09:24 PM
    i'm really jealous of their control center and notification center :\
    ios7.png
    Microsoft needs to make something like those.^
    xandros9 and dgr_874 like this.
    06-10-2013 10:18 PM
    While I like the idea of making those things easily accessible in one location, I'm not a fan of the execution. The Control Center is too busy. I would prefer a design that you swipe in from the left side with tabs for jumping to music control, connectivity, etc. The camera bit is unnecessary since we actually have a button on the device for that.

Not a fan of the Notifications execution either.

I see the purpose in each of those centers, but I don't think Apple did a good job designing them. It looks like a case of "let's shoehorn this stuff in".

Truth is, all of the three major platforms are lacking on some fronts - and often on very different fronts. The IOS screen is still very boring and dead with little customization. Android is all over the place depending on who's phone you buy. WP does need a uniform control center (why not call it "control panel"?) and notifications. I would actually put that option on the control panel, accessed with a swipe from the left.

Frankly, I don't see why Apple didn't just create a whole control screen instead of making the icons (and their colors hidden behind the control center) visible. It's still a part of that "make it feel real" idea by keeping translucence, etc. Just go all in and give them a full screen control panel with a swipe.
    i'm really jealous of their control center and notification center :\
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ios7.png 
Views:	35 
Size:	360.3 KB 
ID:	35543
    Microsoft needs to make something like those.^
    a5cent and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-10-2013 10:36 PM
    No they have copied Windows phone with a couple of things I saw. The multi-tasking and the fonts used.
    06-10-2013 11:52 PM
    It's funny, depending on where you look, iOS 7 is either "IM TOTALLY IN!!" Or "Apple dropped the ball."

It looked there were were some cool features, not too sure I will upgrade the os on my 5.
    06-11-2013 12:12 AM
    Control Center and Notification Center are epic.

I see a ton of people on here just completely forgotten about WebOS. Multitasking cards are nothing new.
    xandros9 and vdroide like this.
    06-11-2013 12:15 AM
    BUT .. they took this one step further and made it easy to close the apps by a simple Swipe up gesture.. Not that lame ( upcoming ) close botton in wp 8.1.
    The build that was found on that ebay 920 was a very very early build, functionality was being tested, not UI. It is most certainly different now.

Agreed...
    I agree as well, its nice, and colorful, but its not enough for me to go back to apple at all. I look for functionality before glittery shiny things, and my 920 is the center of all of my electronic ecosystem. This is not stopping my wife from moving to Windows phone either (once her contract is up)
    06-11-2013 12:18 AM
    woW!...those static icons looks more like..uhmn..symbian/asha now. another first on a smarthphone from Apple..
    X0LARIUM likes this.
    06-11-2013 12:28 AM
    woW!...those static icons looks more like..uhmn..symbian/asha now. another first on a smarthphone from Apple..
    Allow me to introduce MIUI. A Chinese(I think) OS that looks sooooooooooooo much like the new iOS7.

https://www.google.co.in/search?q=MI...ml%3B307%3B512
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-11-2013 01:45 AM
    The build that was found on that ebay 920 was a very very early build, functionality was being tested, not UI. It is most certainly different now.

I agree as well, its nice, and colorful, but its not enough for me to go back to apple at all. I look for functionality before glittery shiny things, and my 920 is the center of all of my electronic ecosystem. This is not stopping my wife from moving to Windows phone either (once her contract is up)
    Don't get me wrong there:) im IN LOVE with my 8x and the WP 8 .. Its just feels bad when you can see that it can do so much more but Ms is taking it slowly, lets hope that the leaked build was just an early test thing and the best is still to come. I don't like flashy things either, I'm proud to say that I have never used android as my phone ( sure iv had a lot of time with it) I also had an iPhone 3gs before switching to BlackBerry. 2 of my friends converted from IOS to WP after they had some time with my phone playing around. What they liked was the feel of the OS, not sure what they meant .. But maybe it was the same thing I felt when I first got my eyes on a WP8.
    06-11-2013 02:48 AM
    Ummm and btw .. Does anyone know the approximate date for the new WP 8.1 or whatever its called??

Got confused about too many dates..
    06-11-2013 02:51 AM
    Are you aware that this is probably not anymore like this? It's a 6/7 months (at least) earlier build than what we will actually see. Even the notification center won't be like that. The leaked dev build was just about coding the features, design changes would have come later to fit in the Modern UI and swipe-centered gestures of WP.
    crossing fingers for that to be true!
    And Yes, im aware that this in an early built, but don't forget this .. Ms is well knows for removing great features from the early built when the real OS is lunches :)

Any expected date for the new Os release?? WP 8.x I mean ..
    06-11-2013 02:56 AM
    IMHO it looks childish.....what's with all the water color?
    06-11-2013 03:10 AM
    imho it looks childish.....what's with all the water color?
    lol!
    06-11-2013 03:29 AM
    It's a nice change of direction but the only thing I'm disliking so far is the Control Center, it seems clutter.
    06-11-2013 03:32 AM
    Ummm and btw .. Does anyone know the approximate date for the new WP 8.1 or whatever its called??

Got confused about too many dates..
    Current thoughts on 8.1 is 1st quarter of 2014. Road map currently is 'summer' GDR2 -> 'late 2013' GRD3 -> 1st quarter 2014 Blue/8.1

I personally see 8.1 as taking way too long but such is life on WP.
    06-11-2013 03:47 AM
    IOS7 features are more closely tied to the features Android had been pushing for the past 1.5 years. You'll find that manufacturers will use what people enjoy. Apple is simply playing catch up with Android. Windows, I'm sure, is following the same suite. (Notification Center anyone-- hint hint). In the near feature all 3 major platforms will have a striking resemblance and it'll fall to the tech giants to differentiate with special gimmicks or functionality. /nod nod
    06-11-2013 08:43 AM
    IOS7 features are more closely tied to the features Android had been pushing for the past 1.5 years. You'll find that manufacturers will use what people enjoy. Apple is simply playing catch up with Android. Windows, I'm sure, is following the same suite. (Notification Center anyone-- hint hint). In the near feature all 3 major platforms will have a striking resemblance and it'll fall to the tech giants to differentiate with special gimmicks or functionality. /nod nod
    this. yes, the oems will make what people want, more importantly, whatever sells.

if yellow home keys sells on some platform (hardware or software) expect to see it on others, soon.
    06-11-2013 09:39 AM
    I use iOS, WP8, and Android regularly, so I am familiar with all 3. The only similarity with WP I see is the flat design, but I don't see much resemblance other than that. It still has icons rather than tiles. Feature-wise Apple is playing catch-up with Android's Jelly Bean.
    06-11-2013 09:47 AM
    Show me something New
    6322_556824271036488_1687230515_n.jpg

Pastel and rainbow colors make IOS 7 Childish.. like a toy..
    969061_557159641002951_615954448_n.jpg

Nothing Much to say about this
    944713_10201100606148103_2122366942_n.jpg
    bawboh86, X0LARIUM, sinime and 1 others like this.
    06-11-2013 10:10 AM
    06-11-2013 02:01 PM
    Saw it today in office..was extremely leggy, very heavy on the UI though it is flatter and over all nothing great if u have even used Android for a month. But giving it benefit of doubt, it is Beta and the phone was old. But still.
    06-11-2013 02:02 PM
    I REALLY don't like what I've seen thus far of what iOS 7 is all about. Not planning on updating my iPod touch or iPhone 4 that I'm still going to be using for iHeartRadio in my iPod dock once in awhile... I'll stick it out with iOS 6, thank you very much. I hate the look of the redesigned apps and the plainness of the UI in general. If it's more a copy of Android, then Apple really screwed up on that one. Totally not feeling it, and what's more, the more I see it, the more I dislike it.
    X0LARIUM likes this.
    06-11-2013 03:08 PM
    I just took my first look at the control centre, cluttered and messy, the controls on there seem almost random is their choice to me, it took a while to figure out what was there and what was needed. There are some functions on WP though that I would like to access faster, with the camera button I never need that, but turning the wifi on/off etc would be useful, perhaps the best control centre would be one that auto learned from how the user used the phone? As for its look, a tile based look to it sounds clean and easy to understand.

The notification centre looks cleaner, although I'm still holding off making any verdicts on notification centres in general since as a user I've not yet seen one that makes me think that WP is missing a feature, perhaps I just do not use enough social networks at the same time to make them seem useful?
    06-12-2013 01:16 PM
    I dont want to live in this world anymore
    1000427_558065277579054_1771930822_n.jpg
    06-14-2013 04:01 PM
54 123