iOS7 ...how close to WP?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Ummm and btw .. Does anyone know the approximate date for the new WP 8.1 or whatever its called??

Got confused about too many dates..

Current thoughts on 8.1 is 1st quarter of 2014. Road map currently is 'summer' GDR2 -> 'late 2013' GRD3 -> 1st quarter 2014 Blue/8.1

I personally see 8.1 as taking way too long but such is life on WP.

Ltauhmise

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
IOS7 features are more closely tied to the features Android had been pushing for the past 1.5 years. You'll find that manufacturers will use what people enjoy. Apple is simply playing catch up with Android. Windows, I'm sure, is following the same suite. (Notification Center anyone-- hint hint). In the near feature all 3 major platforms will have a striking resemblance and it'll fall to the tech giants to differentiate with special gimmicks or functionality. /nod nod

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
IOS7 features are more closely tied to the features Android had been pushing for the past 1.5 years. You'll find that manufacturers will use what people enjoy. Apple is simply playing catch up with Android. Windows, I'm sure, is following the same suite. (Notification Center anyone-- hint hint). In the near feature all 3 major platforms will have a striking resemblance and it'll fall to the tech giants to differentiate with special gimmicks or functionality. /nod nod

this. yes, the oems will make what people want, more importantly, whatever sells.

if yellow home keys sells on some platform (hardware or software) expect to see it on others, soon.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I use iOS, WP8, and Android regularly, so I am familiar with all 3. The only similarity with WP I see is the flat design, but I don't see much resemblance other than that. It still has icons rather than tiles. Feature-wise Apple is playing catch-up with Android's Jelly Bean.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Saw it today in office..was extremely leggy, very heavy on the UI though it is flatter and over all nothing great if u have even used Android for a month. But giving it benefit of doubt, it is Beta and the phone was old. But still.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I REALLY don't like what I've seen thus far of what iOS 7 is all about. Not planning on updating my iPod touch or iPhone 4 that I'm still going to be using for iHeartRadio in my iPod dock once in awhile... I'll stick it out with iOS 6, thank you very much. I hate the look of the redesigned apps and the plainness of the UI in general. If it's more a copy of Android, then Apple really screwed up on that one. Totally not feeling it, and what's more, the more I see it, the more I dislike it.

Eddie_Lomax

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I just took my first look at the control centre, cluttered and messy, the controls on there seem almost random is their choice to me, it took a while to figure out what was there and what was needed. There are some functions on WP though that I would like to access faster, with the camera button I never need that, but turning the wifi on/off etc would be useful, perhaps the best control centre would be one that auto learned from how the user used the phone? As for its look, a tile based look to it sounds clean and easy to understand.

The notification centre looks cleaner, although I'm still holding off making any verdicts on notification centres in general since as a user I've not yet seen one that makes me think that WP is missing a feature, perhaps I just do not use enough social networks at the same time to make them seem useful?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs