IPhone 5C 16 GB for 599$ without contract. Apple doesn't understand what budget device is?

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I feel this thread is like a time bomb, waiting for that 1 post that can cause a big explosion!
Specially if some ****** comes in to defend the other side.

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I feel this thread is like a time bomb, waiting for that 1 post that can cause a big explosion!
Specially if some ****** comes in to defend the other side.

I think that's being a bit dramatic. There are a number of post, maybe not defending necessarily, but at least acknowledging that the iPhone as a decent piece of hardware. Even if not too different from each previous variation. I think ultimately, folks need to step back and not take this stuff way too seriously. I love my gadgets as much as the next person. But that doesn't go beyond them being material objects that I need to defend or justify buying over a similar product (unless its convincing my wife why I bought it in the first place, lol).

Sleepwalker71

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I read somewhere that in spite of the first impression iPhone 5C is really innovative. Now I can imagine these thousands of 5C buyers repeating like mantra: I've bought innovative phone... I've bought innovative phone...

stalemate1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
$600 dollars for a BUDGET iPhone ? they really need to bring out the iPhone 5cc for $300 less. I don't need a flagship device to browse the web, send sms's, make phone calls and check email.

....why do I own a $700 phone ?....

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I read somewhere that in spite of the first impression iPhone 5C is really innovative. Now I can imagine these thousands of 5C buyers repeating like mantra: I've bought innovative phone... I've bought innovative phone...

The-Most-Interesting-Man.jpg

njnbat

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Iphone 5c is innovation at its best because only the rarest of rare will come up with budget phones at 549$ . May be Plastic means budget for apple .And this time they should get the innovative idea award.

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I think that apple just wants to keep making/minting money and not stoop to 400 dollars to make it cheaper. They will lose that luxury brand tag if they did that...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

iloveamystery

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
You people seem hung up on the "budget" notion. Where has Apple claimed the 5c is a budget device? Because I watched most of their keynote, and I don't remember them calling it that. "Budget" is what was rumored beforehand, which turned out to be unrepresentative of Apple's intention for the device.

robinleck

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Apple already lost their premium/luxury brand status when they decided to slap a cheap-looking colored plastic on the obsolete iPhone 5.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Apple already lost their premium/luxury brand status when they decided to slap a cheap-looking colored plastic on the obsolete iPhone 5.

The no. of devices apple is selling is heading south, altough not at 400 mph but maybe 20 mph, bad thing in long run.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I think it ridiculous if you compare to with other devices in the same price and they didn't even add new features to it the 5S got!

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
The no. of devices apple is selling is heading south, altough not at 400 mph but maybe 20 mph, bad thing in long run.

I don't think the actual sales numbers are going down, but market share is dropping. Each iPhone has sold more than its predecessor, but since there are 2 new ones now, I doubt whether that'll happen this time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos