IPhone 5C 16 GB for 599$ without contract. Apple doesn't understand what budget device is?

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I like iPhone and how it caused the market to rethink their ideas on a "smartphone". I also appreciate the device and it's consistency

Will I buy this phone? No. I find myself getting bored with iOS after a period of time so I'm sure this won't change. I don't get bored with WP (anymore)

njnbat

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
I wasn't making excuses, I was pointing out they weren't factual.
if you were not making excuses then , what are you doing now .Do u feel these sites are giving percentage analysis based on the number of windows phones bought in their family and not from market share ?? What makes you believe that these are not factual ?? Please prove them .
Any where wp outsells iPhone is fine with me. I really like the numbers
Oh really ????..Glad to know that you are fine with it . Anyhow then don't expect wp users to sit quiet when you post most idiotic/foolish statements like the one below.
The numbers vary from local to local, and iPhone sales are anywhere from 5x to 10x ( or more) the sales of wp.
If you can find a local or time where wp sales double or triple iPhone sales, by all means post it up !
Since you are a firm believer of numbers let me not just show you but throw at you the below linka which shows its not just 5x ,10x but 15 % more wp sales than IOS in vietnam.
Windows Phone Up-and-Coming Challenger to Android for Vietnam Smartphone Market, says IDC - prVN24300613
So i suggest not to make ridiculous statements like the one made above . But i don't blame you since you google occassionally as you said.However i recommend you to do regularly now because yesterday itself there was another article in wpcentral which shows WP's second position in india.
Windows Phone maintains second position in India for third consecutive quarter | Windows Phone Central
So Mr Ohgood , You are doing no good by saying that apple is killing wpsales each and every month .its rubbish and the fact of the matter is, if u take examples of newzealand,middleeast,russia,vietnam,india,china etc then i am afraid i must rebut your statement by saying, its wp which is killing ios sales.
Beware before you make bizarre arguments that too in wpcentral forum in front of all wp fans.
"And that's the bottom line because a stone cold wp user said so".
Take care :)

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
You're taking numbers of emerging economics and pushing it here :p . The only reason why the sales figures is, because WP is alot cheaper than an IOS device. Plain and simple: The cheapest iOS device is 200$(iPod Touch) but an iPhone costs 450$ minimum unlocked. Sure, the WP market share is going up slowly but its not going to shake up marketshare of Android/Apple unless developers really start considering Windows as a solid platform. Until then, WP is a minority :) . The reason why apple havent started selling cheap phones(like nokia windows or android) is because they are interested in making money, and are a luxury brand, (you dont expect Louis Vuitton stuff to be sold at 150$ right?) and all of their devices are solidly built for the user. Cheap devices dont get all the features which some of the flagship devices does, and software experience is poor on Android. But happy to say that WindowsPhone is consistent in OS fluidness across devices. Thats a plus point, and hopefully we see WP marketshare growing everywhere, not just in India/Russia/UAE/Vietnam... Im already seeing more Windows phones down here than when I had bought Lumia 620 back in March :)

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
The idea that Apple is a luxury brand is laughable. Their phones are made in the same Chinese factories as phones of other brands, using the same components and materials. The high price has more to do with that little Apple logo on the phone than it does with the quality of the product. The same could also be said for many other high end products - you're just paying for the brand name.

sirgrant618

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
The idea that Apple is a luxury brand is laughable. Their phones are made in the same Chinese factories as phones of other brands, using the same components and materials. The high price has more to do with that little Apple logo on the phone than it does with the quality of the product. The same could also be said for many other high end products - you're just paying for the brand name.

Similar to the GMC and Cadillac versions of some cars. Yukon : Escalade.

njnbat

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
You're taking numbers of emerging economics and pushing it here :p .
Dear broar94, did u read the previous posts before commenting ??. One Mr Ohgood came up with rubbish comments stating that apple ios sales is higher by atleast 5x or 10x everywhere in the world. I just showed him some links to show that its not the case everywhere and more importantly to improve his occasional searching of google . So i hope you will have the courtesy next time to go through previous posts .
The only reason why the sales figures is, because WP is a lot cheaper than an IOS device.
All of a sudden do you have a problem with sales figure now ??? Don't u remember your previous post highlighting market share in favour of the post about apple killing wp sales. ?? And when reverse is proven with the so called factual data,now you have another problem being windows phone cheaper ?? Do you have any more excuses left ??
The reason why apple haven't started selling cheap phones(like nokia windows or android) is because they are interested in making money
Great Mr broar94, So you are finally contradicting your statements of so called market share importance by now saying that apple is a luxury brand and it wont sell cheap phones, which also means it wont care of market share . But u are rite in all means sir because market share percentage of androidvsIOS is the answer to that.
You say apple is interested in making money by not selling cheap phones like windows and android. So should we feel that windows and android are not making money but cereals & oranges by selling cheap phones ??
(you dont expect Louis Vuitton stuff to be sold at 150$ right?) and all of their devices are solidly built for the user.
Mr broar94, i don't know man...Even i felt that apple will sell only solid products for users , but i don't know why then they came up with plastics and colors at 549 $ ??
why this sudden shift of attitude as compared to Louis Vuitton ?? Aren't they interested to make solid products anymore?? You answer me here sir. But please don't tell me that its done to improve market share haan ... not again pls...i will be bored mr broar94 :)

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
if you were not making excuses then , what are you doing now .Do u feel these sites are giving percentage analysis based on the number of windows phones bought in their family and not from market share ?? What makes you believe that these are not factual ?? Please prove them .

Oh really ????..Glad to know that you are fine with it . Anyhow then don't expect wp users to sit quiet when you post most idiotic/foolish statements like the one below.

Since you are a firm believer of numbers let me not just show you but throw at you the below linka which shows its not just 5x ,10x but 15 % more wp sales than IOS in vietnam.
Windows Phone Up-and-Coming Challenger to Android for Vietnam Smartphone Market, says IDC - prVN24300613
So i suggest not to make ridiculous statements like the one made above . But i don't blame you since you google occassionally as you said.However i recommend you to do regularly now because yesterday itself there was another article in wpcentral which shows WP's second position in india.
Windows Phone maintains second position in India for third consecutive quarter | Windows Phone Central
So Mr Ohgood , You are doing no good by saying that apple is killing wpsales each and every month .its rubbish and the fact of the matter is, if u take examples of newzealand,middleeast,russia,vietnam,india,china etc then i am afraid i must rebut your statement by saying, its wp which is killing ios sales.
Beware before you make bizarre arguments that too in wpcentral forum in front of all wp fans.
"And that's the bottom line because a stone cold wp user said so".
Take care :)

285000 units, for a quarter. Definitely a victory.

You got me there.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
@broar94

LV makes purses and stuff for women in different sizes, shapes, colors and design & their price tag varies, I don't see Apple doing that at all, they've simply taken a handkerchief in the start and turned it into a towel/hand napkin :/, I can see it stretching upto the size of a bath/body towel.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
^ I wouldn't put that on Apple's shoulders. The 'businessman' is just a complete scumbag. If it wasn't the iPhone he'd just be exploiting people in other ways.

robinleck

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Apple is the catalyst. The businessman is the perpetrator.
Both are equally guilty. For god's sake, its just a smartphone, not a Ferrari.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
^ I don't know, it seems to me you can't blame Apple for hyping their product. That's what they're supposed to do, no? Anyway, I'm not going to continue here since defending Apple isn't exactly my idea of time well spent ;-)

robinleck

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
^ I don't know, it seems to me you can't blame Apple for hyping their product. That's what they're supposed to do, no? Anyway, I'm not going to continue here since defending Apple isn't exactly my idea of time well spent ;-)

I do appreciate your points of view which keep things in perspective. Thanks !

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
One point Apple fans would bring up to defend the price of iPhones was their supposed build quality and materials. They would brag that it wasn't some "cheap plastic". So now we have a plastic iPhone and it's still expensive, and according to initial tests it isn't all that durable.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
One point Apple fans would bring up to defend the price of iPhones was their supposed build quality and materials. They would brag that it wasn't some "cheap plastic". So now we have a plastic iPhone and it's still expensive, and according to initial tests it isn't all that durable.

Lie Phone.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Yes the stigma behind owning an iPhone disgusts me, just like you looked important if you owned a Blackberry back in 07-08. Overall, I love the iPhones but not the mentality behind most of the general consumers that purchases them

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs