IPhone 5C 16 GB for 599$ without contract. Apple doesn't understand what budget device is?

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
what is wrong with our generation .. how can people pay such money for something .. I cannot comprehend

iPhones are available for preorder in India and

the price for 16GB iPhone 5c is 800$ LATEST APPLE IPHONE 5C 16 GB WHITE COLOR Factory Unlocked SEALED PACK IOS 7 | eBay

the price for 16GB iPhone5S is 1150$ LATEST APPLE IPHONE 5S 16 GB SpaceGray COLOR Factory Unlocked SEALED PACK IOS 7 | eBay

If I can buy apple stickers at bulk prices, I will put them on rocks and sell it for $500-1000 a piece, and there'll be a HUGE queue of people to buy it.
Those prices apple gave are ducking insane, I know apple has a lot of followers but then,
You launch Iphone 4, 4s, 5 and 5s/c
Discontinue 5 for some reason best known to them
ramp up the prices of 5c/s to maximize profits.

One can actually buy a decent bike for the price of a 5c, and infact the bike will be made of metal and not plastic :).

Seriously, I can smell a lot of backfire, atleast in India with the 5s/c prices, and the Iphone 5 owners will already be unhappy, as their phone's worth is going south ;)

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
iPhone 5S will be costly here but doesnt mean it wont sell here in India. Only the rich folks can afford one. And it's be the filthy rich iFans who'll buy anyway

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
iPhone 5S will be costly here but doesnt mean it wont sell here in India. Only the rich folks can afford one. And it's be the filthy rich iFans who'll buy anyway

Am not saying it won't sell, but the target it could have attracted with reasonable and legit pricing would have been more compared to the pants pricing, which will only lower the eyebrows.

Do note that, in India, people don't sleep on the roads to buy an apple product.

kishorekumar_a

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
Am not saying it won't sell, but the target it could have attracted with reasonable and legit pricing would have been more compared to the pants pricing, which will only lower the eyebrows.

Do note that, in India, people don't sleep on the roads to buy an apple product.

The price on Ebay.in for 5s is ₹72000 ($1147) & 5c is ₹50000 ($767) and that's for the 16GB models . Many wealthy people buy it to show off. But everytime I see someone like that I laugh internally at their stupidity to spend such a large amount without getting the value worth. The once iconic status of Apple products is wearing off as the ridiculousness of the pricing sets in (at least in my circles).

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
The price on Ebay.in for 5s is ₹72000 ($1147) & 5c is ₹50000 ($767) and that's for the 16GB models . Many wealthy people buy it to show off. But everytime I see someone like that I laugh internally at their stupidity to spend such a large amount without getting the value worth. The once iconic status of Apple products is wearing off as the ridiculousness of the pricing sets in (at least in my circles).

The physical/look wise difference between 5S and 5?, nothing, you have to scream and tell people that its 5S and not 5, and someone with a 5 could fool you that its a 5S.

I'd buy a Lumia 1020 and donate the rest to a charity :), if I had that much money to blow on a phone ;)

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
The price on Ebay.in for lumia 1850 is ₹72000 ($1147) & lumia 1750 is ₹50000 ($767) and that's for the 16GB models . Many wealthy people buy it to show off. But everytime I see someone like that I laugh internally at their stupidity to spend such a large amount without getting the value worth. The once iconic status of nokia products is wearing off as the ridiculousness of the pricing sets in (at least in my circles).

Does that still apply if Nokia reached apples success?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
^ I don't know, it seems to me you can't blame Apple for hyping their product. That's what they're supposed to do, no? Anyway, I'm not going to continue here since defending Apple isn't exactly my idea of time well spent ;-)

Being on these boards isn't exactly time well spent, but it can be fun. Laughter is always good.

stalemate1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
In my opinion Apple needs to bring back the iPhone 4 and 4S and sell them as budget phones. Perhaps introduce coloured plastic to the 4 & 4s aswell.

Who wouldn't buy a New cheap 4s with ios 7 ? (ios 7 lags on iPhone 4 I've heard)

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using Mobile Nations mobile app

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
In my opinion Apple needs to bring back the iPhone 4 and 4S and sell them as budget phones. Perhaps introduce coloured plastic to the 4 & 4s aswell.

Who wouldn't buy a New cheap 4s with ios 7 ? (ios 7 lags on iPhone 4 I've heard)

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using Mobile Nations mobile app

I had a water damaged Iphone 4 in the repair shop for almost 9 months, got it back yesterday, restored it and have given it to another guy who could possible fix it.
Only the left side of my screen is touch responsive, I don't know what the bumhole was doing with my phone for a year.
Now that bold part is kind of itching me, but I'm only going to use that device as a music player and a media (movies) watching platform.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte