Why can iOS 7 release at the same time globally to every device and windows takes months to roll out anything? Ms need to sort this out, its really depressing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    marcomura likes this.
    09-18-2013 01:50 PM
    I work in iOS support and manage a team - trust me, they aren't smooth rollouts.
    09-18-2013 01:57 PM
    Apple don't deal with the carriers which causing alot of problems with user connecting to there mobile data and other issues for not letting the carrier test the software out.

As well this a global update which was planned for a year which will be the same for Windows Phone 8.1 when it release at the beginning of next year.
    09-18-2013 01:59 PM
    iPads don't have to go through carriers at all. So there's 200 million of those that are just direct even if iPhones had to go through carriers.
    09-19-2013 02:42 AM
    Why can iOS 7 release at the same time globally to every device and windows takes months to roll out anything? Ms need to sort this out, its really depressing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    What does Apple have? 6 or maybe 8 devices that are not carrier locked, they make their own phones (not really but sort of, if you get me) and their own OS.

What does MS have? Just the OS, which is sent to device makers like Nokia, Samsung, HTC etc., who work on it so each device gets its equivalent OS rather than a bag of pants. Some versions require carriers to bloat it. If you look at the big picture, thats what causes the delay. If MS made their own devices, they'd roll updates faster than Apple would and it'd be more innovate for real :)
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    09-19-2013 04:52 AM
    A friend of mine trying to update to iOS7 hasn't been able to even download the update yet after trying for hours. I don't know what the problem is but he said something like it keeps timing out.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    09-19-2013 09:46 PM
    A friend of mine trying to update to iOS7 hasn't been able to even download the update yet after trying for hours. I don't know what the problem is but he said something like it keeps timing out.
    Take a deep breathe and try updating after a mad rush of people leave the server load on apple.
    09-19-2013 11:30 PM
    This is why: BBC News - Security holes unearthed in Apple's iOS7
    "Two security vulnerabilities have been discovered in Apple's new mobile operating system, less than 24 hours after its launch.

One flaw concerns a user's ability to recover their data if a device has been stolen. The much-vaunted "Find my iPhone" feature can be disabled be a thief simply by putting the iPhone or iPad into airplane mode, preventing the device from communicating.

The other flaw is potentially even more serious - allowing users' email and social networking accounts to be hijacked even when the user has locked and password-protected their phone"

BIGPADDY likes this.
    09-20-2013 12:03 PM
    I hate we are at the mercy of the carriers. I want ms to decide when to launch. IOS7 mostly smooth. We will be drip fed the 8.1 for phones defiantly where as 8.1 pro/rt will be bang, its live.
    09-21-2013 06:17 AM
    This is why: BBC News - Security holes unearthed in Apple's iOS7
    "Two security vulnerabilities have been discovered in Apple's new mobile operating system, less than 24 hours after its launch.

One flaw concerns a user's ability to recover their data if a device has been stolen. The much-vaunted "Find my iPhone" feature can be disabled be a thief simply by putting the iPhone or iPad into airplane mode, preventing the device from communicating.

The other flaw is potentially even more serious - allowing users' email and social networking accounts to be hijacked even when the user has locked and password-protected their phone"

Genius, simply. I wonder what'll be up with their fingerprint thing and these holes combined?
    09-21-2013 12:27 PM
    All I say is stop being depressed for such stuff, there are better things in life to be joyful for.
    09-21-2013 12:32 PM
    I work in iOS support and manage a team - trust me, they aren't smooth rollouts.
    I always wondered what company you worked for. Glad and impressed that you're a WP fan.
    11-20-2013 02:22 PM