Thought this was a good article about the 5c.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
You have no clue about it lol, you must check this thread - http://forums.windowscentral.com/off-topic-lounge/243315-users-random-avatars-what-i-think-them.html

There's nothing wrong about him, its just kind of, odd.

What's so odd about a clown who likes to eat children?

Seriously, the avatar took a life of its own about a year or two ago when some mental case attacked a man here in Miami and literally chewed his face off. I used that avatar on Facebook and I got all kinds of grief from my wife and friends so I just left it here on Mobile Nations. It's a Miami thing, we're twisted that way.

Miami Police Shoot, Kill Man Eating Another Man’s Face « CBS Miami

z33dev33l

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on both counts as I'm sure you know what you're talking about and I'm not the type to say "prove it". But honestly, how many real-world consumers know or care? Do you still think I'm pretty?

I agree, I strongly dislike iPhones but I acknowledge their selling points. I wish we could get a GPU half that powerful. I tried a 5s for two weeks and came running back to Windows Phone. Also, Tim Curry is always pretty.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Define "best". What is iOS the best at? Marketing maybe, they are the undisputed champs in that area but there isn't one hardware or software related item that they are the best at. There's a reason their marketshare has slipped worldwide and a bigger reason which is the point of the article in this thread: stagnation. They have been surpassed in every area they thought they were dominant in. Beginning with Antenna-gate, the Maps disaster and the Siri glitches, Apple is showing chinks in their armor and don't have the cojones to admit errors. Man up and face the music, humans are a forgiving species.
When people hear " Apple and Iphone" they think of class and sophistication. When they hear "Microsoft and Windows phone" they think of a fat, sweaty guy screaming on stage and well, to be honest, a lot of people know nothing about a windows phone. These poor impressions are going to be around for a while. We have a long, hard road ahead of us. But things are slowly improving.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
When people hear " Apple and Iphone" they think of class and sophistication. When they hear "Microsoft and Windows phone" they think of a fat, sweaty guy screaming on stage and well, to be honest, a lot of people know nothing about a windows phone. These poor impressions are going to be around for a while. We have a long, hard road ahead of us. But things are slowly improving.

It's not about Windows Phone's image. The article is about Apple and the 5C. "Class and sophistication" is giving way to "oops" and it's reflecting in their decision to reduce the 5C's allotment. Combined with iOS7's users complaining profusely about the UI and suddenly there mojo is taking a bath in the sea of Karma.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Maximizing profits by giving something valuable worth money = Good Idea, good for business as well as consumers
Maximizing profits by telling stories = Hmm...
Oh yeah those iphones don't hold their value at all. Unlike the windows phones that go for next to nothing compared to any other phone. Whose telling stories....?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Maximizing profits by giving something valuable worth money = Good Idea, good for business as well as consumers
Maximizing profits by telling stories = Hmm...

It would be even better from a PR point of view if Apple was using that cash to capitalize or even for expanding R&D. They're just hoarding that cash and not even rewarding the stockholders. I like their products, I have a Mac at home but their way of doing business is not endearing me to them as a future customer.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Oh yeah those iphones don't hold their value at all. Unlike the windows phones that go for next to nothing compared to any other phone. Whose telling stories....?

Relax man, let future tell a story, lets see what phone is launched next year, specially the design and features.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
It's not about Windows Phone's image. The article is about Apple and the 5C. "Class and sophistication" is giving way to "oops" and it's reflecting in their decision to reduce the 5C's allotment. Combined with iOS7's users complaining profusely about the UI and suddenly there mojo is taking a bath in the sea of Karma.

The 5c was just a "we can put a different case on it and see how it sells" phone. toss a little marketing and see what happens. They had nothing to lose with it. As far as ios7 the majority of people like it. Every format has people that will like or hate changes.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Isn't sale numbers/value/would i pay money for it what the article is about?

You don't understand the point.
If you slap apple logo on any commodity, it'll hold value, even fruits or a toy radio controlled car.
Do the same with a Nokia Logo and a Rolls Royce, people will think its cheap, why? because Nokia 'had' lost its market share.

If, Apple starts to make wp phones (am damn sure they won't), only Apple phones would hold value. Even Samsung which is considered amongst top guns, if you look at their resale value, its carp, the value falls with the blink of an eye specially when you launch a gazillion models in a week. The new model today is old tomorrow.

No harm intended to anyone, whenever I see anyone with an apple product, I automatically assume "The person knows nothing about tech, and imagines owning an apple product means they deserve to be respected".

The only thing good about Apple is the sound quality I can get with the same earphones I use on my Lumia (JBL J22i)

Having said that I need to take a break from this thread unless fatclue guy says something which I'd love to like :)

Just view this video, why I don't like apple is summed up in this,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRYI8DKZTsA

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
No harm intended to anyone, whenever I see anyone with an apple product, I automatically assume "The person knows nothing about tech, and imagines owning an apple product means they deserve to be respected".

It's a mistake to judge people by the phone they own. Or any other product. We are not the sum of the products we buy.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
It's a mistake to judge people by the phone they own. Or any other product. We are not the sum of the products we buy.

I understand that but the people I've encountered who were using an Apple Product, no matter how nice I treated them fell into the same category with time :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fopaky