10-23-2013 09:55 PM
31 12
tools
    How about someone making something that the majority of reputable reviewers say is better than an Ipad. All anybody does is keep on releasing their updated garbage that is a little better here and a little better there and then" i might choose it over an ipad or i might not." People complain that apple doesn't innovate. Well the majority of the time they don't have to. We all win when companies leapfrog over each other in technology as it forces the others to work harder. When second place and below takes baby steps, this is what we get.
    No, the problem is that there are much better options out there that the tech media refuses to acknowledge due to the fact that their heads are up Apple's backside.

X86 Windows 8 have already leapfrogged the iPad in terms of usability and practicality yet some here see an Apple logo along with buzzwords like "Retina Display" and "thinner and lighter" and automatically think that the iPad is the best thing out there.
    10-23-2013 03:13 PM
    No, the problem is that there are much better options out there that the tech media refuses to acknowledge due to the fact that their heads are up Apple's backside.

X86 Windows 8 have already leapfrogged the iPad in terms of usability and practicality yet some here see an Apple logo along with buzzwords like "Retina Display" and "thinner and lighter" and automatically think that the iPad is the best thing out there.
    It's not that. Most of us own notebooks running Windows 8 already. We will upgrade to pro tablets eventually, but nothing is wrong with notebooks at the moment.

The iPad is an amazing device, that has apps and support for everything. See it's consumption first then the practical stuff is just extra icing on the cake.

Other tablets offer great things here and there, but they're not the complete package for mainstream users.

I'm still deciding between the Air and new Mini myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    thomas wojcik likes this.
    10-23-2013 03:26 PM
    Each their own I guess. I find something like a Surface Pro to be a complete package in comparison to an iPad.

The X86 ecosystem is much more expansive than the iOS ecosystem as well.
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    10-23-2013 04:09 PM
    ^ This, but I still wouldn't mind if the Surface Pro lost half a pound :) Losing that weight while maintaining speed and battery performance is impressive regardless of logo.
    10-23-2013 04:23 PM
    Same ol' crap. Try something new, it amaze's me people run out and buy pretty much the same thing they already have, same goes for surface 2. Different better, give it a try.
    10-23-2013 04:26 PM
    What gets me is that x86 isn't comparable to any mobile OS. That includes RT. Whatever.

Sent from my DROIDX using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    10-23-2013 09:55 PM
31 12