New Ipad Air looks nice!

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I got a be honest, seeing that name on twitter got me very excited about some kind of crazy OSX, hybrid portable at first. But no, it's just the next ipad with nothing we already didn't know.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
If you don't have something valuable to contribute to this thread, don't post. This thread and forum is just as valid on the WPCentral site as everything else.

Mio_WP

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Well. It is only a little thinner and lighter than the ipad2 was. I always thought it was a mistake to make them heavier and thicker. At least they rectify that now. At cost of battery life I would have to assume.

Anyway, besides that not much new. Just thinner faster lighter like they made the iPhone 5 last year.

Sure it is a nice device, but to call it "air" like it is some wonder... Come on.

I don't hate hate apple products, they just got boring.

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I have nothing against Apple products either. Hell, I like most Apple products and if anything at least on ARM side they both are much more a like than Android. Simple to use, closed systems.

What I did like about the keynote was the new iPad Mini. That looks pretty damn good with the new processor and resolution.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Tim Cook had this little jab at his competition:

"The competition is different...they are confused," Cook said. "They chased after netbooks. Now they are trying to make PCs into tablets and tablets into PCs. Who knows what they will do next? I can't answer that question, but I can tell we have a very clear direction and very ambitious goals. We still believe deeply in this category and we are not slowing down on innovation."

If anything it's Apple who is confused at the moment and lacking innovation. Windows 8 tablets are allowing users to do much more than just surf the web or play angry birds while the only innovation coming from Apple are superficial changes and beefing up specs. I wonder how long before he contradicts himself and has Apple come up with a unified operating system for tablets and PCs.

Sounds like little Timmy is starting to get a little worried about X86 Windows 8 tablets taking off and taking away his precious market share.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

"The competition is different...they are confused," Cook said. "They chased after netbooks. Now they are trying to make PCs into tablets and tablets into PCs. Who knows what they will do next? I can't answer that question, but I can tell we have a very clear direction and very ambitious goals. We still believe deeply in this category and we are not slowing down on innovation."

If anything it's Apple who is confused at the moment and lacking innovation. Windows 8 tablets are allowing users to do much more than just surf the web or play angry birds while the only innovation coming from Apple are superficial changes and beefing up specs. I wonder how long before he contradicts himself and has Apple come up with a unified operating system for tablets and PCs.

Sounds like little Timmy is starting to get a little worried about X86 Windows 8 tablets taking off and taking away his precious market share.

I agree - his jab is clearly trying to replicate the Jobs distortion field but ended up impressing no one. The air is just a thinner, lighter, more powerful excuse to print money. Nothing new but the norm from AAPL. Expect stock prices to continue to fall.
No denying that it does look very nice - thin and light - but I bet he wouldn't dare drop it from 5 foot on stage as Panos did with the Surface.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
But that price!

Might want to take a look at the Dell Venue Pro and the Lenovo Miix
The Windows World Already Has A Few iPad Airs of its Own.html

Wow surprised at that from PCworld - would seem the tide is turning - although this comment is hilarious - so tempted to feed the troll on this one.

Yes, how's that OS upgrade on Surface RT going?
What complete crap " Apple doesn't make a keyboard".
Are you really that big of an *****. Ever heard of Logitech, Zagg? They make awesome keyboards for my FREE productivity apps, Pages, Numbers and Keynote. Oh, but iPad is just for content consumption. What a load of Microsoft ****** BS

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
But that price!

Might want to take a look at the Dell Venue Pro and the Lenovo Miix
The Windows World Already Has A Few iPad Airs of its Own.html

That's exactly what drove me to the Venue Pro 8. I did the math with a Dell tech support and with my student discount, the Venue Pro with 64gb of storage plus a stylus is going to cost me about $350. $50 cheaper than the base model mini. Sorry, Apple, but raising the price of the mini by $70 from last year isn't gonna cut it for me.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
"hey, guys here's a brand spanking new $2300 laptop, oh but don't worry, the $30 update is free. We're better than Windows because apparently upgrading from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 was not free, don't let people tell you otherwise." - CrApple

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site

I agree. By taking so many shots at Microsoft it kinda shows that they're starting to feel the pressure. Making snarky remarks about your competition only legitimizes their position.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs