New Ipad Air looks nice!

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
How about someone making something that the majority of reputable reviewers say is better than an Ipad. All anybody does is keep on releasing their updated garbage that is a little better here and a little better there and then" i might choose it over an ipad or i might not." People complain that apple doesn't innovate. Well the majority of the time they don't have to. We all win when companies leapfrog over each other in technology as it forces the others to work harder. When second place and below takes baby steps, this is what we get.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
That's exactly what drove me to the Venue Pro 8. I did the math with a Dell tech support and with my student discount, the Venue Pro with 64gb of storage plus a stylus is going to cost me about $350. $50 cheaper than the base model mini. Sorry, Apple, but raising the price of the mini by $70 from last year isn't gonna cut it for me.

Do you have it already? It does look really good. I just bought an Envy x2 so I can't possibly get another gadget, if I do my wife is gonna kill me!

Sent from my Nexus 7

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Do you have it already? It does look really good. I just bought an Envy x2 so I can't possibly get another gadget, if I do my wife is gonna kill me!

Sent from my Nexus 7

sorry, I don't. They don't even ship until November 5th. They're on pre-order now. They do look awesome, though my only complaint is how there's not a front facing capacitive home button. Its on the top.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
sorry, I don't. They don't even ship until November 5th. They're on pre-order now. They do look awesome, though my only complaint is how there's not a front facing capacitive home button. Its on the top.

Keep us posted once you get it. Is there a type cover that comes with it? Or is that for the 11" only?

Sent from my Nexus 7

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
How about someone making something that the majority of reputable reviewers say is better than an Ipad. All anybody does is keep on releasing their updated garbage that is a little better here and a little better there and then" i might choose it over an ipad or i might not." People complain that apple doesn't innovate. Well the majority of the time they don't have to. We all win when companies leapfrog over each other in technology as it forces the others to work harder. When second place and below takes baby steps, this is what we get.

No, the problem is that there are much better options out there that the tech media refuses to acknowledge due to the fact that their heads are up Apple's backside.

X86 Windows 8 have already leapfrogged the iPad in terms of usability and practicality yet some here see an Apple logo along with buzzwords like "Retina Display" and "thinner and lighter" and automatically think that the iPad is the best thing out there.

FinancialP

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
No, the problem is that there are much better options out there that the tech media refuses to acknowledge due to the fact that their heads are up Apple's backside.

X86 Windows 8 have already leapfrogged the iPad in terms of usability and practicality yet some here see an Apple logo along with buzzwords like "Retina Display" and "thinner and lighter" and automatically think that the iPad is the best thing out there.

It's not that. Most of us own notebooks running Windows 8 already. We will upgrade to pro tablets eventually, but nothing is wrong with notebooks at the moment.

The iPad is an amazing device, that has apps and support for everything. See it's consumption first then the practical stuff is just extra icing on the cake.

Other tablets offer great things here and there, but they're not the complete package for mainstream users.

I'm still deciding between the Air and new Mini myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Each their own I guess. I find something like a Surface Pro to be a complete package in comparison to an iPad.

The X86 ecosystem is much more expansive than the iOS ecosystem as well.

hcrick

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
^ This, but I still wouldn't mind if the Surface Pro lost half a pound :) Losing that weight while maintaining speed and battery performance is impressive regardless of logo.

jlynnm350z

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Same ol' crap. Try something new, it amaze's me people run out and buy pretty much the same thing they already have, same goes for surface 2. Different better, give it a try.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
What gets me is that x86 isn't comparable to any mobile OS. That includes RT. Whatever.

Sent from my DROIDX using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans