10-23-2013 09:55 PM
31 12
tools
    Newest Ipad Air looks really nice! Guess i will be standing in line!
    10-22-2013 01:16 PM
    Newest Ipad Air looks really nice! Guess i will be standing in line!
    lol shouldn't this be in the imore forums
    10-22-2013 01:20 PM
    lol shouldn't this be in the imore forums
    No see we have an other OS's and devices section for those of us smart enough not to be hung-up on only one way of life. Nice to see you were interested though.
    rdubmu and FinancialP like this.
    10-22-2013 01:29 PM
    I got a be honest, seeing that name on twitter got me very excited about some kind of crazy OSX, hybrid portable at first. But no, it's just the next ipad with nothing we already didn't know.
    10-22-2013 01:29 PM
    If you don't have something valuable to contribute to this thread, don't post. This thread and forum is just as valid on the WPCentral site as everything else.
    Tre Lawrence, tgp and rdubmu like this.
    10-22-2013 01:40 PM
    Well. It is only a little thinner and lighter than the ipad2 was. I always thought it was a mistake to make them heavier and thicker. At least they rectify that now. At cost of battery life I would have to assume.

Anyway, besides that not much new. Just thinner faster lighter like they made the iPhone 5 last year.

Sure it is a nice device, but to call it "air" like it is some wonder... Come on.

I don't hate hate apple products, they just got boring.

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
    10-22-2013 01:40 PM
    It weighs in at 1 pound which is pretty impressive. I like the larger tablets but they get a little heavy. Less weight is good.
    10-22-2013 01:49 PM
    I have nothing against Apple products either. Hell, I like most Apple products and if anything at least on ARM side they both are much more a like than Android. Simple to use, closed systems.

What I did like about the keynote was the new iPad Mini. That looks pretty damn good with the new processor and resolution.
    etad putta likes this.
    10-22-2013 01:50 PM
    Do you still think I'm pretty? I went to weight watchers and lost .4 pounds.
    stmav likes this.
    10-22-2013 03:32 PM
    Looks great. Intriguing.
    10-22-2013 03:34 PM
    Tim Cook had this little jab at his competition:

"The competition is different...they are confused," Cook said. "They chased after netbooks. Now they are trying to make PCs into tablets and tablets into PCs. Who knows what they will do next? I can't answer that question, but I can tell we have a very clear direction and very ambitious goals. We still believe deeply in this category and we are not slowing down on innovation."

If anything it's Apple who is confused at the moment and lacking innovation. Windows 8 tablets are allowing users to do much more than just surf the web or play angry birds while the only innovation coming from Apple are superficial changes and beefing up specs. I wonder how long before he contradicts himself and has Apple come up with a unified operating system for tablets and PCs.

Sounds like little Timmy is starting to get a little worried about X86 Windows 8 tablets taking off and taking away his precious market share.
    10-22-2013 03:59 PM
    Do you still think I'm pretty? I went to weight watchers and lost .4 pounds.
    If you lost 40% of your weight i'd love ya. You'd be a spinner, i love spinners...
    10-23-2013 01:19 AM
    But that price!

Might want to take a look at the Dell Venue Pro and the Lenovo Miix
    The Windows World Already Has A Few iPad Airs of its Own.html
    10-23-2013 09:17 AM

"The competition is different...they are confused," Cook said. "They chased after netbooks. Now they are trying to make PCs into tablets and tablets into PCs. Who knows what they will do next? I can't answer that question, but I can tell we have a very clear direction and very ambitious goals. We still believe deeply in this category and we are not slowing down on innovation."

If anything it's Apple who is confused at the moment and lacking innovation. Windows 8 tablets are allowing users to do much more than just surf the web or play angry birds while the only innovation coming from Apple are superficial changes and beefing up specs. I wonder how long before he contradicts himself and has Apple come up with a unified operating system for tablets and PCs.

Sounds like little Timmy is starting to get a little worried about X86 Windows 8 tablets taking off and taking away his precious market share.
    I agree - his jab is clearly trying to replicate the Jobs distortion field but ended up impressing no one. The air is just a thinner, lighter, more powerful excuse to print money. Nothing new but the norm from AAPL. Expect stock prices to continue to fall.
    No denying that it does look very nice - thin and light - but I bet he wouldn't dare drop it from 5 foot on stage as Panos did with the Surface.
    10-23-2013 09:32 AM
    But that price!

Wow surprised at that from PCworld - would seem the tide is turning - although this comment is hilarious - so tempted to feed the troll on this one.

Yes, how's that OS upgrade on Surface RT going?
    What complete crap " Apple doesn't make a keyboard".
    Are you really that big of an *****. Ever heard of Logitech, Zagg? They make awesome keyboards for my FREE productivity apps, Pages, Numbers and Keynote. Oh, but iPad is just for content consumption. What a load of Microsoft fanboi BS
    10-23-2013 09:46 AM
    But that price!

That's exactly what drove me to the Venue Pro 8. I did the math with a Dell tech support and with my student discount, the Venue Pro with 64gb of storage plus a stylus is going to cost me about $350. $50 cheaper than the base model mini. Sorry, Apple, but raising the price of the mini by $70 from last year isn't gonna cut it for me.
    10-23-2013 09:50 AM
    "hey, guys here's a brand spanking new $2300 laptop, oh but don't worry, the $30 update is free. We're better than Windows because apparently upgrading from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 was not free, don't let people tell you otherwise." - CrApple
    10-23-2013 09:55 AM
    But that price!

I had to double check and convince myself that it was from PC World!

I really see W8 tablets starting to take off now
    Blkacesvf41 likes this.
    10-23-2013 11:48 AM

I agree. By taking so many shots at Microsoft it kinda shows that they're starting to feel the pressure. Making snarky remarks about your competition only legitimizes their position.
    10-23-2013 12:24 PM
    I had to double check and convince myself that it was from PC World!

I really see W8 tablets starting to take off now
    I know right! They're always bashing Microsoft so this article was shocking.
    10-23-2013 12:26 PM
    How about someone making something that the majority of reputable reviewers say is better than an Ipad. All anybody does is keep on releasing their updated garbage that is a little better here and a little better there and then" i might choose it over an ipad or i might not." People complain that apple doesn't innovate. Well the majority of the time they don't have to. We all win when companies leapfrog over each other in technology as it forces the others to work harder. When second place and below takes baby steps, this is what we get.
    10-23-2013 12:49 PM
    That's exactly what drove me to the Venue Pro 8. I did the math with a Dell tech support and with my student discount, the Venue Pro with 64gb of storage plus a stylus is going to cost me about $350. $50 cheaper than the base model mini. Sorry, Apple, but raising the price of the mini by $70 from last year isn't gonna cut it for me.
    Do you have it already? It does look really good. I just bought an Envy x2 so I can't possibly get another gadget, if I do my wife is gonna kill me!

Sent from my Nexus 7
    10-23-2013 01:10 PM
    Do you have it already? It does look really good. I just bought an Envy x2 so I can't possibly get another gadget, if I do my wife is gonna kill me!

Sent from my Nexus 7
    sorry, I don't. They don't even ship until November 5th. They're on pre-order now. They do look awesome, though my only complaint is how there's not a front facing capacitive home button. Its on the top.
    10-23-2013 01:17 PM
    sorry, I don't. They don't even ship until November 5th. They're on pre-order now. They do look awesome, though my only complaint is how there's not a front facing capacitive home button. Its on the top.
    Keep us posted once you get it. Is there a type cover that comes with it? Or is that for the 11" only?

Sent from my Nexus 7
    10-23-2013 01:43 PM
    I don't understand these people buying the same million dollar (exaggerating) device in a smaller housing...
    10-23-2013 01:50 PM
31 12