No mention of windows phone or samsung. Interesting....Apple’s iPhone Crushes Smartphone Competition in Japan
    12-01-2013 11:51 PM
    They are just slower than most other nations to step up. No worries. Once they know Windows Phone, they will lead the world with Windows phone. They love the 5c after all. That says it all.
    12-02-2013 12:24 AM
    I was actually surprised that Sony was missing from the list. I would've expected Sony to have a stronger showing in Japan.
    etad putta and jmshub like this.
    12-02-2013 12:42 AM
    Of course the don't "mention" windows phone. It is not sold here anymore. AU used to sell a version of windows phone a couple of years ago. Many people here buy iPhones because of the brand name. I hear that from people everyday here.
    Laura Knotek and Jazmac like this.
    12-02-2013 12:44 AM
    Of course the don't "mention" windows phone. It is not sold here anymore. AU used to sell a version of windows phone a couple of years ago. Many people here buy iPhones because of the brand name. I hear that from people everyday here.
    Excuse my ignorance, no windows phone in japan? It just seems odd there would be no interest at all.
    12-02-2013 01:18 AM
    Excuse my ignorance, no windows phone in japan? It just seems odd there would be no interest at all.
    Welcome to Sprint. They fought tooth and nail to keep Windows Phone out pressure changed that. But I digress. Moreover, I would never go so far as to say, NO interest in Windows phone in Japan. They didn't fall all over the iphone when it dropped either.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-02-2013 01:51 AM
    Yep. No Windows Phones in Japan. Sure, you can buy an unlocked Windows Phone online (like I have done twice), but they aren't officially sold here. Nokia doesn't sell phones here anymore. I know they used to because many people know the name when they see my phone. I have to answer questions constantly about why my phone has windows, how does it charge with no cable, why can I use it in the snow without changing or taking off my gloves. I live in Sapporo so that last point is major. It is not that they don't have interest; they just have not been exposed to it so it is difficult to be interested in something you don't know exists. 3 people asked me this weekend where they could go to get a Windows Phone. I had to tell them the bad news.
    12-02-2013 04:47 AM
    ...they just have not been exposed to it so it is difficult to be interested in something you don't know exists. 3 people asked me this weekend where they could go to get a Windows Phone. I had to tell them the bad news.
    This is called a "spark". You could be the beginning of MS march though Japan.
    12-02-2013 09:47 AM