Cortana could come to iOS too...

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
It has been rumored that this fall, the Bing iOS app will get Cortana, just a few MONTHS after WP, which doesn't make WP have an advantage over iOS, at least in this reason. It's also been reported that it will even get it before Microsoft's own Xbox One and Windows. Quite annoying if you ask me, what about you guys? Also, don't forget to take the poll!

Source: Microsoft to employ Halo voice actress for Siri rival, report says | Microsoft - CNET News

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
MS is not going to release it for iOS, period. Esp. not before devices like most WP phones and Xbox One. Think about it. It makes no sense.

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Absolutely it should. It's another MS product to make everyone else angry. From what I remember Siri now uses Bing instead of Google for searches. Using Cortana in place of that would allow Apple to tie it self more to MS instead of Google. That much is enough in my books.

Crazy wild speculation. One day Apple will introduce a Windows powered phone and will join the ranks of WP OEMs. Okay... joking aside, I wouldn't mind seeing Cortana being used on none Windows devices.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Kinda like how Google has Google Now integrated into its Google Search apps. Barely makes a difference. Just helps to publicize and make the service more noticeable and popular. The integration into iOS is not gonna be there for Cortana. It's only going to be integrated into Bing Search, as Google Now is to Google Search. If people want the real deal, they gotta get a Windows Phone. Simple marketing.

peepsite

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Bing is already the default search engine for Siri iirc. I cant see a big difference between that and a bing app with cortana, a different voice maybe. Unless I'm missing something?

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I said "most" WP phones. If you believe all the info that came out, it sounds like it would be released to US WP phones, then iOS and then other places around the world.

I never said "leaked" information ALWAYS comes true, btw. I hope the IOS news doesn't come true, or if it does, it won't be as good as the WP version.

elmacho

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Should it?Yes,but only after they introduce it for the Microsoft products.
Will it?Yes,it will be there sooner rather than later,because they are a corporate company with emphasis simply on making profit. Google now is so much better in iOS with all those animations and stuff.IMO,it feels much better than the android version,other than that it hasn`t been integrated right in.I don`t see Microsoft differing much from Google atleast in this regard.The experience will be on par with WP version. They would just want more people to use Bing and atm WP`s market share is nowhere near iOS and unless iOS suddenly drops market share, if Bing needs to grow as a real competitor to Google, there doesn`t seem to be any other way.So,i believe it will be introduced sooner than later

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
It has been rumored that this fall, the Bing iOS app will get Cortana, just a few MONTHS after WP, which doesn't make WP have an advantage over iOS, at least in this reason. It's also been reported that it will even get it before Microsoft's own Xbox One and Windows. Quite annoying if you ask me, what about you guys? Also, don't forget to take the poll!

Source: Microsoft to employ Halo voice actress for Siri rival, report says | Microsoft - CNET News

What I find annoying is when people around here post rumors as facts and then perpetuate the false assumption that they are facts by jumping up on a soap box to decry the horrible truth that isn't even real. You are annoyed over a rumor. Don't people have better things to do with their time?

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
What I find annoying is when people around here post rumors as facts and then perpetuate the false assumption that they are facts by jumping up on a soap box to decry the horrible truth that isn't even real. You are annoyed over a rumor. Don't people have better things to do with their time?

I never called the rumor a fact, and that it WILL happen. I said that if it indeed does happen, I would be mad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital