Apple Making Larger Phone?

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Sure they will, just like everyone else. However will they be smart enough to keep a smaller flagship phone for those that don't want to carry around a huge device, unlike android and MS. The bigger part of that story is will Apple make something new that WOWS us. At this point they seem to be the only company that can pull that off.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Sure they will, just like everyone else. However will they be smart enough to keep a smaller flagship phone for those that don't want to carry around a huge device, unlike android and MS. The bigger part of that story is will Apple make something new that WOWS us. At this point they seem to be the only company that can pull that off.

Seriously? Apple hasn't wowed in at least two years that I can think of.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure what the right answer is for apple. Their phones are outsized by the new averages in most android and windows phones in the market. Apple's magic isn't to offer multiple choices, but to offer their customers their single vision of the right product.

While iphone is a marquee phone in the US, their market share is small and shrinking in much of the rest of the world. It seems like they are possibly losing their rudder.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Everytime I hold an iPhone I feel like saying, awww isn't that cute...

And i say " I have to sell this iphone" so i can buy my next sixth month old windows phone for next to nothing. And have a bunch of cash left over to finance my next phone\tablet adventure.

Poirots Progeny

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Apple are stuck if they do or they don't.

It's ironic that they're going to go for a bigger form factor, when they decried the trend and stated 3.5" was best, and then 4", for single handed use.

I think Nokia is spot on with their 4.5" devices! I'm typing this on the lumia 625 (4.7" display) and understand that the 1520 serves a sector of the market - i have one just for gaming, movies and the like - but the truth is that larger phones are still in the minority, when it comes to sales.

Apple do need a larger phone - i just hope they stick to their ergonomic integrity and create something in the 4.5" region. They have the iPad mini for the phablet space.

Doing something because everyone else is doing it is not a good business model to follow.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb