02-11-2014 08:16 PM
67 123
tools
    You may want to make an appt in the local Apple store to get it replaced. It will give you a chance to experience real customer service. Just for the sake of conversation, where is the local HTC store if you have problems?
    Wow, guess I haven't seen the local Apple store. Oh, that's right, the closest one is 2hrs from here. Yeah, not everyone has an Apple store locally.
    dkediger likes this.
    02-10-2014 02:00 PM
    Really? How hard is it to hit the magnifying glass and search for the particular app? Or at least the type of app.
    It's not. The hard part is getting a pertinent app to show up if you don't know the name or don't have a specific app in mind.
    Black Lumia likes this.
    02-10-2014 02:05 PM
    couldnt agree more
    02-10-2014 02:30 PM
    Wow, guess I haven't seen the local Apple store. Oh, that's right, the closest one is 2hrs from here. Yeah, not everyone has an Apple store locally.
    That is unfortunate, there are 5 within 30 minutes of my location. My lumia 920 is still the phone i use until a better deal comes along.
    02-10-2014 03:29 PM
    To be fair, I think you need to use a device - any device - for more than one day before making a judgement on it.

As I'm writing this, I will say something more... My iPad was rock solid until iOS7. Now it reboots every day or so, always when swapping between apps. It seems to be some special fast reboot as it comes back to life quite quickly, but it's still annoying. Otherwise I find iOS fine. The icons may be boring but they are a means to an end and I don't spend much time looking at them. Apart from my reboot issue, it's very stable and does not slow down over time. The only other problem I had with it was the 'other' storage getting too large - resetting the device fixed that, and I must say I was very impressed with how all apps and data were automatically synced from iCloud. Within fiften minutes or so, my iPad was fully restored without any intervention on my part. However, it shouldn't have been necessary in the first place.
    In my experience, Android is the most stable mobile platform - my phone runs for months between reboots (I've had uptimes well over 1000 hours), and most reboots are a result of the battery running down because I forgot to charge it. I've never had to reset the phone in two+ years.
    Apple has attributed this behavior in iPhones to a bug in iOS 7 and they are working on a fix: Apple iOS 7 fix for random iPhone reboots in pipeline.

I wasn't aware that the issue affected iPads as well but based on your description this sounds like the same issue...
    anony_mouse likes this.
    02-10-2014 03:51 PM
    How exactly do you feel robbed? Does the phone not do what it's advertised to do? Is there a missing function? If you didn't bother to do at least a modicum of research (reading forums is not research) and read the detailed specs for the phone, shame on you. While it isn't exactly my cup of tea, there's no denying the quality of the device and the quality of the apps. iOS apps are far and away more polished and feature-filled than Android, BlackBerry and even WP. The UI is boring and the pastel treatment of iOS7 is deplorable, but some people dig it. Even the hard-core fanboy reviewers acknowledge WP's superior UI but it doesn't take away the fact that there are millions more iPhones out there than WP7/8 devices.

If after reading this you still feel robbed, call the cops.
    02-10-2014 04:02 PM
    I'm surprised to hear OP complaining about the icons. Isn't that just like BB? They can be hidden in folders I think. I'm no ifan and dislike a screen full of icons as well. Android is a very nice OS. Just takes some getting used to.
    02-10-2014 05:20 PM
    That is unfortunate, there are 5 within 30 minutes of my location. My lumia 920 is still the phone i use until a better deal comes along.
    man were the heJJ do you live? Kissappleassville? 5 within 30 minutes, I have never seen a apple store. I don't blame you I would be looking forward to the next iPhone too.
    FinancialP likes this.
    02-10-2014 08:18 PM
    man were the heJJ do you live? Kissappleassville? 5 within 30 minutes, I have never seen a apple store. I don't blame you I would be looking forward to the next iPhone too.
    There's 6 in the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area easily within a 30 mile radius. Where do YOU live, Potato Falls, Idaho?
    02-10-2014 08:50 PM
    Yes, potato falls Idaho stud.
    02-10-2014 09:55 PM
    None of the 6 iphones or 5 ipads in my family have ever frozen. You may want to make an appt in the local Apple store to get it replaced. It will give you a chance to experience real customer service. Just for the sake of conversation, where is the local HTC store if you have problems?
    Nokia customer service has been great! The Trophy never needed service in the two years I had it, solid phone, never one reboot.

My coworker went through hell with Apple insurance when he had his phone stolen. They charge a premium and then give nothing but headaches when you need them.
    02-10-2014 10:42 PM
    Nokia customer service has been great! The Trophy never needed service in the two years I had it, solid phone, never one reboot.

My coworker went through hell with Apple insurance when he had his phone stolen. They charge a premium and then give nothing but headaches when you need them.
    I'm wondering how Nokia's customer service got involved with a Trophy by HTC.
    02-10-2014 11:04 PM
    I'm wondering this too...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    02-10-2014 11:43 PM
    Nokia's customer service is so good that they even took care of a competitor's product! Can't say that about Apple. Well folks, looks like this thread can be closed now.
    02-11-2014 01:45 AM
    Well folks, looks like this thread can be closed now.
    Why? If you are not interested in it, don't read it.
    02-11-2014 03:52 AM
    Because I replaced the Trophy with a Nokia that needed a call to customer service. As I said, the Trophy never needed service from Nokia or anyone else.
    02-11-2014 07:46 PM
    This thread has run it's course
    02-11-2014 08:16 PM
67 123