I bought an iPhone today. Taking it back tomorrow. I feel robbed..

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkrc717

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I've only owned Blackberry and WP. Never owned an IPhone or Android. Was thinking about switching for a while because of all the fuss.

The world goes nuts for IPhone. People say you can do anything with it or Android. They tell me I'm missing out. They tell me it's unreal. Blah blah blah.

I bought an IPhone today and been playing with it all day. Someone explain to me what the fuss was about? I don't see it. What is it exactly? Am I missing something?

It's a bunch of icons. Is this a joke? I'm a little PO'd right now. This phone in no way shape or form is better than WP. There is nothing about this phone I like.

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
What the iPhone offers is a ubiquitous experience between PC/Mac along with a robust app store.

What it lacks is everything else.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It offers a relatively polished user experience and the recognized brand that is Apple.
Its often the first platform for many fads unlike WP as of late.

The hardware is nice, albeit not going to blow the doors off some flagships.

A lot of it is the brand and public perception. Apple has done an excellent job marketing their lineup.

iCloud is great if you use other iDevices.

The biggie is the sheer volume and quality of the app store.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
What the iPhone offers is a ubiquitous experience between PC/Mac along with a robust app store.

What it lacks is everything else.

I agree that the iPhone offers a pervasive experience between PC\Mac along with a sinewy app store. However it is unparagoned in the phone world and one would have to be a winebibber to not see that.

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
iOS is boring even after ios7 launch. Wp is better in interface but iPhone has everything. Solid user experience, better app store. But icons are boring. Wp tiles rock!

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I remember using the iPhone 4s and I was not impressed with the Os myself either. I always felt like it was overhyped tbh however should windows phone ever go down the drain, I think I will go iPhone before I go android.

UncleGrandpa

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Its rock solid. Works as advertised even with all the google apps. Hardware is second to none and when the OS company also owns the hardware, it all works without a hitch.

Lots of folks like the small screen and peace of mind knowing they don't have to be a geek to appreciate or to use it. My 83 yo mother in law has one , as does my 6 yo grandson.

It is boring I will admit but that's what makes it the perfect phone for most users that want a rock solid platform without messing with it all the time. Yes there are people like that!

Having said all that I understand the distain for the iPhone on this forum as I'd expect , but I am a WP fan because I see nothing but upside for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
.....My 83 yo mother in law has one , as does my 6 yo grandson.....

When I was 6 years old, we had two tin cans and a string

hreipy.jpg

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Its rock solid. Works as advertised even with all the google apps. Hardware is second to none and when the OS company also owns the hardware, it all works without a hitch.

Lots of folks like the small screen and peace of mind knowing they don't have to be a geek to appreciate or to use it. My 83 yo mother in law has one , as does my 6 yo grandson.

It is boring I will admit but that's what makes it the perfect phone for most users that want a rock solid platform without messing with it all the time. Yes there are people like that!

Having said all that I understand the distain for the iPhone on this forum as I'd expect , but I am a WP fan because I see nothing but upside for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ugh that username and that avatar annoys me haha. I can't stand that stupid show and character lol
But uyeah an iPhone is a peoples phone I feel. The elderly can use it easily just as young kids can and that's why it caught on so well, even before the app store.

admorris#AC

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
It's just a no bs phone. It never slows down, it rarely stutters, the camera is awesome, integration with other Apple products is unrivaled, their app store is unrivaled. If you want fancy animations or the ability to customize for days, then it's not for you...other than that, it's an ok phone.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I really don't see this thing about the number of apps available. What can you do with 800,000 apps? How many of them does anyone actually ever download and how many of them just sit there taking up space on the servers. And when you do need one for something in particular how in the hell do you find it. I have a hell of a time finding apps on the 200,000 Windows Phone Store when you are looking for a particular one. I have two Android tablets but its the same thing, Too many apps. I think we are all being sucked into this overblown addiction to the number of apps we can get for our phones and tablets. I think the iphone is a good phone; but hell there are a ton of GOOD phones out there. In time the gullible public (myself included) well realize we need half (or less) of what these phones can do; and the mad craze for smartphones will subside. Maybe one day;;;;;;;; but not today. LOL

Agent-P

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Another thing you get with an iPhone is their incredible customer service and support. Any little issue with your device and a quick trip to the Apple store will take care of it. Obviously they aren't perfect and not everyone will have an ideal experience, but personally I've never had a bad experience with Apple customer service. For some people, that's a very important determining factor.

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I've only owned Blackberry and WP. Never owned an IPhone or Android. Was thinking about switching for a while because of all the fuss.

The world goes nuts for IPhone. People say you can do anything with it or Android. They tell me I'm missing out. They tell me it's unreal. Blah blah blah.

I bought an IPhone today and been playing with it all day. Someone explain to me what the fuss was about? I don't see it. What is it exactly? Am I missing something?

It's a bunch of icons. Is this a joke? I'm a little PO'd right now. This phone in no way shape or form is better than WP. There is nothing about this phone I like.

How can you feel robbed? Did someone force you to buy the iPhone? At no point did it occur to you to do research or ask questions about the iPhone before buying it?

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I really don't see this thing about the number of apps available. What can you do with 800,000 apps? How many of them does anyone actually ever download and how many of them just sit there taking up space on the servers. And when you do need one for something in particular how in the hell do you find it. I have a hell of a time finding apps on the 200,000 Windows Phone Store when you are looking for a particular one. I have two Android tablets but its the same thing, Too many apps. I think we are all being sucked into this overblown addiction to the number of apps we can get for our phones and tablets. I think the iphone is a good phone; but hell there are a ton of GOOD phones out there. In time the gullible public (myself included) well realize we need half (or less) of what these phones can do; and the mad craze for smartphones will subside. Maybe one day;;;;;;;; but not today. LOL

You're correct; nobody uses 800,000 apps or even WP's 200,000.

What happens when you have more apps available is that you have a greater chance of finding an app you're looking for. For example, I use an Android as my main phone. I use around 80 apps, or approximately 1 out of every 10,000 available. On WP this same ratio would give me 20 useful apps. And no, I do not believe the apps in the WP Store are better or that there are a higher percentage of "good" apps. I'm quite familiar with all 3 app stores, and I rate them all about the same in this regard, iOS possibly having a slight lead over the others.

One thing I did notice is that WP's store is by far the most difficult to find apps. That's at least part of the reason you have a hard time finding apps. I often end up searching for an app online. When I find it I click the link to the app in the Store and install it from my PC. The stores for iOS & Android handle searching for apps much better.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I have said on these forums before that I just don't get the iPhone love. I have played around with my wife's iPhone as well as an iPad that we won and I hate them. I don't like the navigation between apps or the settings. The iPhone also freezes up on occasion which surprised me. For many people the iPhone is great but it is definitely not for me. From the first day I got my HTC Trophy I just felt that WP was built for me.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I have said on these forums before that I just don't get the iPhone love. I have played around with my wife's iPhone as well as an iPad that we won and I hate them. I don't like the navigation between apps or the settings. The iPhone also freezes up on occasion which surprised me. For many people the iPhone is great but it is definitely not for me. From the first day I got my HTC Trophy I just felt that WP was built for me.
None of the 6 iphones or 5 ipads in my family have ever frozen. You may want to make an appt in the local Apple store to get it replaced. It will give you a chance to experience real customer service. Just for the sake of conversation, where is the local HTC store if you have problems?

christenmartin

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I totally agree with the what the hell is the big deal. Very basic phone. Good quality but no big deal. Good marketing though. Look at the fan boys that hang out at WP. If you don't think iPhones lock up go check out imore threads. Same problems as everyone else including frustration with customer support.

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
It is a very good phone. I use it for many years. But right now it is idling it has failed to innovate. There is nothing great about it anymore. The only uniqueness is the app support which Windows Phone will soon get.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
While IOS 7 was a slight change, nothing has changed since 2007. I still find it boring on my iPad, and I prefer WP and windows 8.1.

Why people like iPhones versus Windows Phones and some Android devices? I think it is their extreme simplicity, which also causes them to be behind.

Team Windows Phone!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)