This could be potentially huge for Apple

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Apple security flaw could allow hackers to beat encryption | Reuters

I'm surprised no one is talking about it.

Oh wait, I know why. It's about Apple.

Silly me, if it was about MSFT no one would be talking about anything else. The Verge would be running an expose on it in three parts.

One line reads: "It's as bad as you could imagine, that's all I can say," said Johns Hopkins University cryptography professor Matthew Green.

Holy sheepsnacks.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, unless you happen to be one of the exploited - then it's a pretty big deal I'd say. Also, this is from a company that is prides itself on its lack of viruses. Yeah, the deal is pretty bloody huge.

Could you please post some stats on the number of people that HAVE been exploited and the amount of damages done.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Could you please post some stats on the number of people that HAVE been exploited and the amount of damages done.
Yeah, you're right. Next time a mechanic tells you you have faulty brakes on your car you can tell him not to bother fixing them because you haven't been in an accident yet.

So seriously, do you need reports of folks being hacked before you'd acknowledge this as a problem?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, you're right. Next time a mechanic tells you you have faulty brakes on your car you can tell him not to bother fixing them because you haven't been in an accident yet.

So seriously, do you need reports of folks being hacked before you'd acknowledge this as a problem?

What is with people these days that can't do their own research? If I didn't believe your post I would be looking for a contradictory article to dispel your "facts". Maybe I'm too old-school but this "show me a report" or "do you have a link to back it up" garbage is annoying. Move to f*****g Missouri if you want some "show me". Rant over.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
What is with people these days that can't do their own research? If I didn't believe your post I would be looking for a contradictory article to dispel your "facts". Maybe I'm too old-school but this "show me a report" or "do you have a link to back it up" garbage is annoying. Move to f*****g Missouri if you want some "show me". Rant over.

I did look for some info and couldn't find any. This another of those "This could happen" stories. Yes, i understand there was a problem, and yes it was fixed. However when an article is linked and some experts say "oh this is horrible, if someone does this, and this, and then this, it could be really bad" I try to find anyone this has happened to. Couldn't find any. Apple fixed it i guess. The topic of this thread is "THIS COULD BE HUGE FOR APPLE". I guess it ain't unless it's in Misery.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site

I can find stories and pictures of cars that have had damage done to them from bad brakes, and i never said not to get the exploit fixed. I just like to have the entire story not just a "the sky is falling" mentality situation.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I can find stories and pictures of cars that have had damage done to them from bad brakes, and i never said not to get the exploit fixed. I just like to have the entire story not just a "the sky is falling" mentality situation.

There is no "sky is falling" angle. I said this is potentially huge - "potentially" being the operant word. I never started by saying Apple is done or some other nonsense. If you want to dismiss the article that's fine, but it is a news worthy piece - regardless of who it's pointed towards

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
There is no "sky is falling" angle. I said this is potentially huge - "potentially" being the operant word. I never started by saying Apple is done or some other nonsense. If you want to dismiss the article that's fine, but it is a news worthy piece - regardless of who it's pointed towards

This could be huge also, I"d guess we should all switch to android, or not.....Apple, Blackberry & Windows backups hacked

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99