Apple security flaw could allow hackers to beat encryption | Reuters

I'm surprised no one is talking about it.

Oh wait, I know why. It's about Apple.

Silly me, if it was about MSFT no one would be talking about anything else. The Verge would be running an expose on it in three parts.

One line reads: "It's as bad as you could imagine, that's all I can say," said Johns Hopkins University cryptography professor Matthew Green.

Holy sheepsnacks.
    02-24-2014 06:10 PM
    My family is heavily invested in Apple services.

Which is why I am terrified at this more than Apple itself. (Okay, maybe not.)
    02-24-2014 06:16 PM
    By the way, have you created a thread about this on iMore?

It would be fitting to hear their opinions on this.
    02-24-2014 06:17 PM
    Crackberry has a 150+ comment thread about it lol
    02-24-2014 06:30 PM
    Apple needs to release the iphone X!
    Guytronic and samy_a like this.
    02-24-2014 07:10 PM
    Apple needs to release the iphone X!
    that will probably take another 9 years
    02-24-2014 08:59 PM
    By the way, have you created a thread about this on iMore?

It would be fitting to hear their opinions on this.
    No. I have no intention of doing so. I briefly looked at the article list over there and no mention was made of it, so if their writers won't see it, why would the fans?
    Kevin Rush likes this.
    02-25-2014 10:01 AM
    Already patched on mobile devices, soon to follow on OSX. No big deal.
    02-26-2014 11:53 AM
    It was patched on OS X, but iOS has another security flaw. http://betanews.com/2014/02/25/ios-7...tent+Feed+-+BN
    Kevin Rush likes this.
    02-26-2014 12:00 PM
    Yeah, unless you happen to be one of the exploited - then it's a pretty big deal I'd say. Also, this is from a company that is prides itself on its lack of viruses. Yeah, the deal is pretty bloody huge.
    Kevin Rush likes this.
    02-27-2014 08:07 AM
    Yeah, unless you happen to be one of the exploited - then it's a pretty big deal I'd say. Also, this is from a company that is prides itself on its lack of viruses. Yeah, the deal is pretty bloody huge.
    Could you please post some stats on the number of people that HAVE been exploited and the amount of damages done.
    02-27-2014 11:03 AM
    Could you please post some stats on the number of people that HAVE been exploited and the amount of damages done.
    Yeah, you're right. Next time a mechanic tells you you have faulty brakes on your car you can tell him not to bother fixing them because you haven't been in an accident yet.

So seriously, do you need reports of folks being hacked before you'd acknowledge this as a problem?
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    02-27-2014 05:58 PM
    That's exactly what I was thinking, IT CAN HAPPEN TO ANYONE!
    02-27-2014 06:09 PM
    Yeah, you're right. Next time a mechanic tells you you have faulty brakes on your car you can tell him not to bother fixing them because you haven't been in an accident yet.

So seriously, do you need reports of folks being hacked before you'd acknowledge this as a problem?
    What is with people these days that can't do their own research? If I didn't believe your post I would be looking for a contradictory article to dispel your "facts". Maybe I'm too old-school but this "show me a report" or "do you have a link to back it up" garbage is annoying. Move to f*****g Missouri if you want some "show me". Rant over.
    02-27-2014 06:40 PM
    What is with people these days that can't do their own research? If I didn't believe your post I would be looking for a contradictory article to dispel your "facts". Maybe I'm too old-school but this "show me a report" or "do you have a link to back it up" garbage is annoying. Move to f*****g Missouri if you want some "show me". Rant over.
    I did look for some info and couldn't find any. This another of those "This could happen" stories. Yes, i understand there was a problem, and yes it was fixed. However when an article is linked and some experts say "oh this is horrible, if someone does this, and this, and then this, it could be really bad" I try to find anyone this has happened to. Couldn't find any. Apple fixed it i guess. The topic of this thread is "THIS COULD BE HUGE FOR APPLE". I guess it ain't unless it's in Misery.
    02-28-2014 11:27 AM

I can find stories and pictures of cars that have had damage done to them from bad brakes, and i never said not to get the exploit fixed. I just like to have the entire story not just a "the sky is falling" mentality situation.
    02-28-2014 11:32 AM
    I can find stories and pictures of cars that have had damage done to them from bad brakes, and i never said not to get the exploit fixed. I just like to have the entire story not just a "the sky is falling" mentality situation.
    There is no "sky is falling" angle. I said this is potentially huge - "potentially" being the operant word. I never started by saying Apple is done or some other nonsense. If you want to dismiss the article that's fine, but it is a news worthy piece - regardless of who it's pointed towards
    03-03-2014 01:58 PM
    There is no "sky is falling" angle. I said this is potentially huge - "potentially" being the operant word. I never started by saying Apple is done or some other nonsense. If you want to dismiss the article that's fine, but it is a news worthy piece - regardless of who it's pointed towards
    This could be huge also, I"d guess we should all switch to android, or not.....Apple, Blackberry & Windows backups hacked
    03-05-2014 06:43 AM
    This could be huge also, I"d guess we should all switch to android, or not.....Apple, Blackberry & Windows backups hacked
    Ironic, isn't it?

They all have issues to some degree. Choose the platform you want!
    03-05-2014 06:56 AM
    Here, this a legit this IS huge vs a maybe, could be, story...360 Million People Hacked: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | HEAVY
    03-05-2014 07:09 AM
    At least mention that the BlackBerry hack was for OS10. Also worth mentioning is that users have the choice to back-up to the cloud or not. If a smartphone user can't take 5 minutes to back up their phones to a desktop, once a week, they deserve what they get. Cloud servers may be safe, but the signal going to it can be intercepted.
    03-05-2014 01:00 PM
    Fine, then put it in the appropriate sub forum and generate discussion there. Or better yet, put it in the Android sub forum to demonstrate how much more secure that platform is.
    03-05-2014 04:25 PM