Really sick of Windows Phone

Bernard Ofori

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
What's holding you back?just leave. Am tired of people posting up threads like this. Everybody has different needs and wants and if windows phones doesn't suit your needs just leave.deuces

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
What's holding you back?just leave. Am tired of people posting up threads like this. Everybody has different needs and wants and if windows phones doesn't suit your needs just leave.deuces

Exactly! If the poster has a problem, it must be genuine and instead of trying to find workarounds or other solutions that may lead to further complications, a different platform may be a better and less painful solution.

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
$300 for an iPhone 4 seems *really* expensive. It's a four year old design. You can do much better for that money with Android, or surely even a less ancient second hand iPhone.

Last edited:

boovish

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Bro are you serious ?? I'm sorry but whatever windows phone you got is MILES ahead of iPhone 4. If you said iPhone 5S I wouldn't have argued with you . but IPhone 4 ?? seriously ?? your choice , but my advice to you is not to because its very laggy with the latest OS and they force you update so you're basically gonna waste your 300$
Well 7.1 Helped, but it is not worth $300 now. You could get a 4S for that price

boasist

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
The app I can deal with, it's the horrid method of adding and managing music on the phone.

I have Windows 8 on the desktop, and it's a huge, multi-click ordeal. I have over 80gb of music, I don't want to scroll through everything just to add it to my phone. I'd like to see a shuffle feature, and actual music management for the devices.

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Note that it's unlocked and I'm desperate. I'm leaving the country in two days. But luckily, the method posted above seems to have been sticking so far, but it's too soon to tell. I'm taking a gamble on this damn phone again, but at the first sight of a duplicate song, I'm selling it for pennies and getting something else. And that will really suck because it's going to cost way more to get an iPhone in Germany than it is here (US).

I'd be willing to pay $500 if it meant I got everything I wanted in a listening experience. I know it's not going to happen. PowerAmp on Android was the best app I've ever used, but it also meant having to use Android. That got tedious real quick. Trust me, I do love WP8 in almost all other aspects. Sure it has some things it could improve (like why links in the browser won't open in their respective apps), but it's so snappy when I have to rush finish a task. It's just being spoiled by an absolutely worthless listening app. If I didn't use subscription music, I'd just get an iPod.

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Note that it's unlocked and I'm desperate. I'm leaving the country in two days. But luckily, the method posted above seems to have been sticking so far, but it's too soon to tell. I'm taking a gamble on this damn phone again, but at the first sight of a duplicate song, I'm selling it for pennies and getting something else. And that will really suck because it's going to cost way more to get an iPhone in Germany than it is here (US).

I'd be willing to pay $500 if it meant I got everything I wanted in a listening experience. I know it's not going to happen. PowerAmp on Android was the best app I've ever used, but it also meant having to use Android. That got tedious real quick. Trust me, I do love WP8 in almost all other aspects. Sure it has some things it could improve (like why links in the browser won't open in their respective apps), but it's so snappy when I have to rush finish a task. It's just being spoiled by an absolutely worthless listening app. If I didn't use subscription music, I'd just get an iPod.
are you using xbox music subscription?

bryanibuan

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I sold my iPhone 4 because it is so slow with iOS 7. If you can get 5S that would be good, but my Lumia 520 is waaayy better than the performance of iPhone4.

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Yup. Gotta say I love the way it integrates with my local music collection and scrobbles. At least with WP8. It's touchy with 8.1

i just find it a little slow with 8.1, otherwise no complaints, but hopefully they update that they have today will fix that. Did you figure out your duplicate issue and iphoto pop-up?

L Beezy

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Is windows phone 8.1 update still live?? Anyone??? My battery is draining like water fall. Will hard reset solve my problems

Not that your issues are the same as the OP's, but yes, the 8.1 DP update is still live. Downloading it a L920 as we speak. As for the battery drain, have you tried checking your background tasks? Email sync settings to "as items arive" or another setting besides "based on your usage?" There are a few forums addressing the battery drain and how to combat it.

trooper11

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Trust me, I do love WP8 in almost all other aspects. Sure it has some things it could improve (like why links in the browser won't open in their respective apps), but it's so snappy when I have to rush finish a task. It's just being spoiled by an absolutely worthless listening app. If I didn't use subscription music, I'd just get an iPod.

The only reason I suggest waiting is due to a couple of things:

1. You like the OS otherwise

2. MS has openly acknowledged the poor state of the app and have committed to a bi-weekly round of updates starting today. That is also thanks to the fact that they broke the Xbox Music app out on its own, not part of the OS.

If MS had not taken this step, I would not be confident enough to give them a chance to improve it. They have a chance to prove that now that the app is not tied to the OS, you will see rapid improvements and fixes.

If you do have time, I would highly suggest that you go over the xbox music user voice forum that MS setup and voice your issues. That makes it much more likely that the issues you are having get addressed asap. I really get the impression the guys working on the app want to improve the experience, so hopefully they back that up with action.

TaichiSurface

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I understand new xbox music app is slow and stuff but they did add lots of useful new features like syncing the app list you have on Windows 8. We didn't have this before, I hope they update the app soon to make it faster and smoother.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro