05-04-2014 09:50 AM
110 ... 2345
tools
    I use Linux, Windows, iOS and Android on a more or less daily basis and they all work fine together. Well, getting stuff on and off the iPad is a pain and iTunes is one of the worst pieces of software I've ever used, but otherwise everything is good. I strongly recommend not sticking to one ecosystem - it's a big mistake to believe that one company has all the best products, now or in the future. And services like Spotify, Dropbox, Google Docs, Skype, GMail and many more work well across all of them. I won't use a service that's limited to or gives preferential treatment to a certain platform. I suggest you don't either.
    I definitely agree. I have a Windows Phone but no Windows PC anymore. I do run OSX and Elementary OS on a daily basis, though. I really wish Microsoft did a better job supporting other operating systems. At least Apple released iTunes for Windows and it's the same app that it is on Mac. It's slower, but at least it functions. Microsoft only released a Zune-compatible client after the Zune was discontinued!
    04-23-2014 08:54 AM
    I definitely agree. I have a Windows Phone but no Windows PC anymore. I do run OSX and Elementary OS on a daily basis, though. I really wish Microsoft did a better job supporting other operating systems. At least Apple released iTunes for Windows and it's the same app that it is on Mac. It's slower, but at least it functions. Microsoft only released a Zune-compatible client after the Zune was discontinued!
    +1
    04-23-2014 12:20 PM
    if you want to use apple stuff buy the iphone and be happy with it.
    04-23-2014 02:15 PM
    Re:iPhone 4, is there a big difference between the 4 and 4S, because my friend's iPhone (which she's been using for 2 years) is snappy as hell.
    If I'm not mistaken, iphone 4S is dual core while iphone 4 is single core. Either way, I wouldn't pay 300 for a new iphone 4 or 4s, used ip4 is worth like 50 tops. Whoever pays more for it needs medical help. By all means, get an iphone, they work well with apples ecosystem, but at least get the ip5 (5c is the same thing, just colorful).

I have 0 problems with music with L925 and Windows computer, I just copy music trough Explorer, no syncing needed, I've only had bad experience with anything that said 'sync' on it. Manual drag-n-drop is still fool proof, but I imagine you can't do that on a mac. How about you switch computers instead of phones ;) ?
    04-23-2014 02:17 PM
    Have you tried Nokia MixRadio?
    I gave it a shot (the free version) and it keeps playing the same songs. It's also a very useless if not on wifi because it sucks gigabytes like juice, and also it's not available in most countries so you need to change locale but then purchasing apps doesn't work.
    04-23-2014 02:21 PM
    lol Can I clarify that the iPhone wasn't $300, but it was going to be a lot more because I needed to do one-day shipping? :P

Also, why would I switch computers? ;) Windows 8 is great at looking like a disease, but not much else. :P
    04-23-2014 03:08 PM
    I just cannot handle the Music situation. Aside from the abysmal state of Xbox Music, I own a Mac, and Microsoft has done an embarrassing job with their Mac support...

I'm very close to switching to the iPhone 4. Is the 4 obsolete by this point? Because I can get on eBay tonight for under $300 unlocked, and that sounds worth it.
    $300 unlocked for an iPhone 4??? Jeez, that's a complete ripoff. But is music the only real issue you're having?
    04-23-2014 03:09 PM
    So really, this isn't "I am sick of Windows Phone" thread, it is "I am really sick of music intergration on Windows Phone" Thread.

My fellow WPC community mostly think I am nuts for still being on a Lumia 900 WP 7, but the main reason I am is that I love the XBOX Music I have, and I love the Zune intergration. The playlists do not work for crap, but otherwise it is a seamless experience. I, of course, will be on WP 8 before long, but I am dreading the loss of Zune.

If you prefer WP 8 as an OS, but the main thing you use your device for is a music player, this is a hard piece of advice to give. I cannot say go to the iPhone, because of the 4 is your only choice, then that is not a choice. I personally feel you need the iPhone 5 or better to ensure the OS does not drive you to the same brink of aggarvation you are at over the music player right now.

Also going out of the country? For how long? (You really do not make things easy on yourself, do you?)

I just feel your pain. Take a slice of this, add it to that OS, and a dash of this, and all would be good. Instead, you are torn between a tough decision and a bad situation.

In this circumstance, I honestly would advice you to tough it out with the WP until you are in a position to actually make a decent purchase to replace WP8. Right now, MS is attempting to fix things, and if they get it right in a matter of a few updates, all this money you are paying for a lesser device will really depress you. If they do not, you at least have time to find a better bargain.
    tapehead and xandros9 like this.
    04-23-2014 03:35 PM
    I may be in the minority here, but I simply do not feel the pains that others are feeling. I own a 1520 and run OS X on my home computer. I have never needed to connect my phone to my PC for music. I pay for the music pass. If I want to add music to my phone, I simply download it from the phone. If for whatever reason thats not an option - I can add the music to my collection through the Xbox Music website... then stream or download it to my device when I choose.

I do not understand the importance of sync software on a computer when cloud computing is becoming such an important part of the world we live in. I feel like the more you embrace the future - the less you will compare things to the past.
    04-23-2014 03:46 PM
    screen-shot-2014-04-23-12.22.13-pm.png wp_ss_20140423_0001.png
    Hmmmmm the only thing i see on my side is that my Music on my Lumia 920 is double album on nirvana only
    04-23-2014 03:54 PM
    So really, this isn't "I am sick of Windows Phone" thread, it is "I am really sick of music intergration on Windows Phone" Thread.

My fellow WPC community mostly think I am nuts for still being on a Lumia 900 WP 7, but the main reason I am is that I love the XBOX Music I have, and I love the Zune intergration. The playlists do not work for crap, but otherwise it is a seamless experience. I, of course, will be on WP 8 before long, but I am dreading the loss of Zune.

If you prefer WP 8 as an OS, but the main thing you use your device for is a music player, this is a hard piece of advice to give. I cannot say go to the iPhone, because of the 4 is your only choice, then that is not a choice. I personally feel you need the iPhone 5 or better to ensure the OS does not drive you to the same brink of aggarvation you are at over the music player right now.

Also going out of the country? For how long? (You really do not make things easy on yourself, do you?)

I just feel your pain. Take a slice of this, add it to that OS, and a dash of this, and all would be good. Instead, you are torn between a tough decision and a bad situation.

In this circumstance, I honestly would advice you to tough it out with the WP until you are in a position to actually make a decent purchase to replace WP8. Right now, MS is attempting to fix things, and if they get it right in a matter of a few updates, all this money you are paying for a lesser device will really depress you. If they do not, you at least have time to find a better bargain.
    I considered buying a Lumia 800 with the sole purpose of using it as an mp3 player, but I can't justify it. I'm going to stick with WP until 8.1 is officially pushed. I'll make my decision then. :)

And no, I really don't make it easy. ;)

I may be in the minority here, but I simply do not feel the pains that others are feeling. I own a 1520 and run OS X on my home computer. I have never needed to connect my phone to my PC for music. I pay for the music pass. If I want to add music to my phone, I simply download it from the phone. If for whatever reason thats not an option - I can add the music to my collection through the Xbox Music website... then stream or download it to my device when I choose.
    I agree in principle, but Xbox Music (like most internet music providers), has horrible tags, and I'm a big Last.FM user. I just can't rely on a bunch of songs that have (Album Version) listed after it or have incorrect album art. That and I have a lot of stuff that isn't on Xbox Music.
    MyNL822 likes this.
    04-23-2014 04:36 PM
    Also, why would I switch computers? ;) Windows 8 is great at looking like a disease, but not much else. :P

You just had to go there.
    tapehead likes this.
    04-23-2014 04:38 PM
    To be fair after the 7.1 update my Iphone 4 really got it's second wind. I definitely wouldn't spend $300 on it though.
    04-23-2014 05:39 PM
    I just cannot handle the Music situation. Aside from the abysmal state of Xbox Music, I own a Mac, and Microsoft has done an embarrassing job with their Mac support...

I'm very close to switching to the iPhone 4. Is the 4 obsolete by this point? Because I can get on eBay tonight for under $300 unlocked, and that sounds worth it.
    I feel you, man. The app is annoying me too, but I suggest you wait till their next music update(I don't know if it will be much better) and see what they do. Also what are the things that are really annoying you? I can't say for myself because as soon as I saw the app loading screen that looked like the app in store I decided I would use Cortana to play music for me. But I didn't notice music playing was buggy and slow, while cortana is instant. If you do switch, please don't get an iPhone 4...That is gonna be the next phone to be dropped from the iOS updates, at least get a 4s, becase iPhone 4 is 4 generations behind...or you could get an iPod touch or Nano(nano is really good).
    04-23-2014 06:45 PM
    To be fair after the 7.1 update my Iphone 4 really got it's second wind. I definitely wouldn't spend $300 on it though.
    what do you mean?
    04-23-2014 06:46 PM
    Attachment 64073

Whyyyyyyyyy is this happening? :( This never happened on my Zune, iPod, iRiver, Sandisk Sansa Player, Creative Zen, Droid Incredible, Droid Incredible 2, Galaxy Nexus...
    Azealia <3
    tapehead likes this.
    04-23-2014 06:47 PM
    I agree in principle, but Xbox Music (like most internet music providers), has horrible tags, and I'm a big Last.FM user. I just can't rely on a bunch of songs that have (Album Version) listed after it or have incorrect album art. That and I have a lot of stuff that isn't on Xbox Music.
    This is me too!
    tapehead likes this.
    04-23-2014 06:49 PM
    Maybe I'm too lazy but all I did was load my iTunes library on a microSD card. Whatever phone I'm sporting that day has my music. Can't do that on an iPhone.
    tapehead likes this.
    04-23-2014 07:33 PM
    Not the greatest move honestly. This right here is pretty much the reason I'm really hoping Sony releases a Windows Phone. Just imagine. Walkman WP8.
    Yep am counting also on Sony to release a WP... but they let go of VAIO so I dunno if that can still happen.

I have 0 problems with music with L925 and Windows computer, I just copy music trough Explorer, no syncing needed, I've only had bad experience with anything that said 'sync' on it. Manual drag-n-drop is still fool proof, but I imagine you can't do that on a mac. How about you switch computers instead of phones ;) ?
    Yep this should be it. :)
    tapehead likes this.
    04-24-2014 02:52 AM
    The duplicate feature has, unfortunately, reared its ugly head again. This time on 8.1.

I'm done. 100% done.
    05-03-2014 07:35 AM
    05-03-2014 07:50 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wp_ss_20140503_0001.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	80.8 KB 
ID:	65303
    But there you are using the old music hub which we aren't meant to use.
    05-03-2014 07:57 AM
    The other hub doesn't open.
    05-03-2014 08:45 AM
    Please explain how a music app that is part of the core OS be something "we're not meant to use". That is unacceptable. If Microsoft is telling their customers the same thing, shame on them.
    05-03-2014 12:16 PM
    Please explain how a music app that is part of the core OS be something "we're not meant to use". That is unacceptable. If Microsoft is telling their customers the same thing, shame on them.
    The old music hub is hidden and meant to be inaccessible. Hence, not meant to use it
    05-03-2014 12:26 PM
110 ... 2345