Really sick of Windows Phone

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I just cannot handle the Music situation. Aside from the abysmal state of Xbox Music, I own a Mac, and Microsoft has done an embarrassing job with their Mac support...

I'm very close to switching to the iPhone 4. Is the 4 obsolete by this point? Because I can get on eBay tonight for under $300 unlocked, and that sounds worth it.

Azurus

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I just cannot handle the Music situation. Aside from the abysmal state of Xbox Music, I own a Mac, and Microsoft has done an embarrassing job with their Mac support...

I'm very close to switching to the iPhone 4. Is the 4 obsolete by this point? Because I can get on eBay tonight for under $300 unlocked, and that sounds worth it.
Bro are you serious ?? I'm sorry but whatever windows phone you got is MILES ahead of iPhone 4. If you said iPhone 5S I wouldn't have argued with you . but IPhone 4 ?? seriously ?? your choice , but my advice to you is not to because its very laggy with the latest OS and they force you update so you're basically gonna waste your 300$

trooper11

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Well I'm not sure if this matters, but MS stated that they are going to aggressively push updates for the Xbox Music app on a bi-weekly basis, starting with an update on the 22nd of this month. There are stories about it on the front page if your interested. They seem to acknowledge the problems and want to make it right, so there could be hope for you.

Of course that also means you would need to update to 8.1, but anyone is free to do that and it seems to be worth doing.

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Well, this is what I'm wondering. The problems I've had with the music experience have made me hate both of my Lumias. Either I get one song listed 10 times over EACH, or it doesn't sync at all. Then it wants to re-sync and erase everything. Then it doesn't mount correctly. Then it, etc. etc. etc. etc.

I'm just really sick of the hassle. It shouldn't be an all day event if I decide to put a new CD on my phone.

Re:iPhone 4, is there a big difference between the 4 and 4S, because my friend's iPhone (which she's been using for 2 years) is snappy as hell.

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Well I'm not sure if this matters, but MS stated that they are going to aggressively push updates for the Xbox Music app on a bi-weekly basis, starting with an update on the 22nd of this month. There are stories about it on the front page if your interested. They seem to acknowledge the problems and want to make it right, so there could be hope for you.

Of course that also means you would need to update to 8.1, but anyone is free to do that and it seems to be worth doing.

Yeah, but that won't fix the Mac support problem. :(

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site

They've announced that xbox music will be getting updated constantly, with the first update coming this week. I use a mac too, what exactly is your issue?

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
They've announced that xbox music will be getting updated constantly, with the first update coming this week. I use a mac too, what exactly is your issue?

See above. I also don't understand why I have to have three damn apps open to sync. iTunes, iPhoto AND the Windows Transfer App? And no matter how hard I try, iPhoto always opens no matter how many times I tell it not to sync my pictures. And then, it just likes to crash. And when I do get it open, that "Allow access to folder..." option only seems to work about 40% of the time. This is both before and after resetting my Macbook Pro and upgrading the Transfer app. It's just a joke.

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Well, this is what I'm wondering. The problems I've had with the music experience have made me hate both of my Lumias. Either I get one song listed 10 times over EACH, or it doesn't sync at all. Then it wants to re-sync and erase everything. Then it doesn't mount correctly. Then it, etc. etc. etc. etc.

I'm just really sick of the hassle. It shouldn't be an all day event if I decide to put a new CD on my phone.

Re:iPhone 4, is there a big difference between the 4 and 4S, because my friend's iPhone (which she's been using for 2 years) is snappy as hell.
Bro I understand the problem which you are facing. Its files duplication problem. Music videos and photos get duplicated (sometimes triplicated or more ) if you delete one.. The other duplicated files get removed too. A solution for this is hard reset your phone. Because all other solution will fail. Go to settings create a backup of your apps and then reset option from settings it would take a couple of minutes. And then do not forget to format your sd card before hard reset. Connect your phone to your pc to see if there are any files in the music videos folders (both internal and sd card). If there then just clear it out. Its a one time process you wont face this problem again. Also os upgrades might solve this problem. Have to updated to windows phone 8.1 dev preview?. Listen bro, if you want to switch to iOs or android, there is no one stopping you. Windows is best known for its simplicity. And more over windows 8.1 is nearly ready, I would recommend give wp8.1 a try. You wont regret it. The choice is all yours. 😊

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Bro I understand the problem which you are facing. Its files duplication problem. Music videos and photos get duplicated (sometimes triplicated or more ) if you delete one.. The other duplicated files get removed too. A solution for this is hard reset your phone. Because all other solution will fail. Go to settings create a backup of your apps and then reset option from settings it would take a couple of minutes. And then do not forget to format your sd card before hard reset. Connect your phone to your pc to see if there are any files in the music videos folders (both internal and sd card). If there then just clear it out. Its a one time process you wont face this problem again. Also os upgrades might solve this problem. Have to updated to windows phone 8.1 dev preview?. Listen bro, if you want to switch to iOs or android, there is no one stopping you. Windows is best known for its simplicity. And more over windows 8.1 is nearly ready, I would recommend give wp8.1 a try. You wont regret it. The choice is all yours. ��

I've reset my phone because of this problem a couple of times now, and nothing seems to stick. It fixes the problem for a little while, but then it always resurfaces. And now it's a problem on multiple different SD cards with different capacities. I just do not understand why this keeps happening, and it's unbearably frustrating.

I'm thinking a major factor is the Mac transfer app. :(

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
See above. I also don't understand why I have to have three damn apps open to sync. iTunes, iPhoto AND the Windows Transfer App? And no matter how hard I try, iPhoto always opens no matter how many times I tell it not to sync my pictures. And then, it just likes to crash. And when I do get it open, that "Allow access to folder..." option only seems to work about 40% of the time. This is both before and after resetting my Macbook Pro and upgrading the Transfer app. It's just a joke.

sorry to hear that, my itunes and iphoto don't open when i plug in the phone, I usually open the windows transfer app before I connect the phone, not sure if that makes a difference. The app itself is not the best in terms of user interface (but neither is itunes for iphone sync). iPhoto has a tendency to get trigger happy when any media is connected, you can see a bunch of solutions on discussions.apple.com, that's an iphoto issue and not a windows phone issue, it'll do the same with an iphone or a camera, to avoid this the following should help:
Steps:
1. Open Image Capture
2. Navigate to Device
3. Click on button in the bottom left hand side (the arrow in the box symbol).
4. Choose "Open With..."
5. Select the option.

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I've reset my phone because of this problem a couple of times now, and nothing seems to stick. It fixes the problem for a little while, but then it always resurfaces. And now it's a problem on multiple different SD cards with different capacities. I just do not understand why this keeps happening, and it's unbearably frustrating.

I don't know much about macs but cant you just drag and drop music onto the phone? Much easier than dealing with an application to transfer music. I gave up on Microsofts sync app for PC because it would always copy music twice.

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
sorry to hear that, my itunes and iphoto don't open when i plug in the phone, I usually open the windows transfer app before I connect the phone, not sure if that makes a difference. The app itself is not the best in terms of user interface (but neither is itunes for iphone sync). iPhoto has a tendency to get trigger happy when any media is connected, you can see a bunch of solutions on discussions.apple.com, that's an iphoto issue and not a windows phone issue, it'll do the same with an iphone or a camera, to avoid this the following should help:
Steps:
1. Open Image Capture
2. Navigate to Device
3. Click on button in the bottom left hand side (the arrow in the box symbol).
4. Choose "Open With..."
5. Select the option.

I'll definitely give that a try re:iPhoto. And I can believe the issue is with iPhoto. It's such a worthless app, IMO.

In regards to the iPhone sync, I would do the manual sync I used to do with the iPod. The only thing I worry about really is the Last.FM support. It was easiest on Android, but I hate Google more than anything.

deecoop0351

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site

Go get a iPhone than and stop your crying 😢

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site

I don't have an SD card on my phone, but don't have any issues syncing music with the mac app. Have you considered saving the music on the phone memory and other items on the SD card? that might help

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site

It can be the problem, check your mac transfer app for updates, it can have bug fixes which might solve your problem. If you have a PC running windows OS try using the windows phone app to transfer media. I know its really frustrating for you, believe me I also had this problem and decided to switch to some other OS. But leaving this problem the basic functions and UI of a windows phone is just awesome. I suggest you check your phone for any updates. And have you upgraded to wp 8.1?

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I don't know much about macs but cant you just drag and drop music onto the phone? Much easier than dealing with an application to transfer music. I gave up on Microsofts sync app for PC because it would always copy music twice.

Nope. Windows Phone devices don't mount in Finder like they do in Windows Explorer. And rather than allowing a built-in MTP plugin on the device, Microsoft opted for one of the WORST apps I've ever had to use. I can't even sync songs individually. I have to sync the entire freaking album, which I don't always want to do.

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site

you could do that on a mac as well, but once again i'm not sure what's happening wrong here, but i used both methods and music isn't duplicated

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb