Really sick of Windows Phone

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
you can't do it directly, but the app allows you to see the music files instead of just using the itunes sync section of the app

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
It can be the problem, check your mac transfer app for updates, it can have bug fixes which might solve your problem. If you have a PC running windows OS try using the windows phone app to transfer media. I know its really frustrating for you, believe me I also had this problem and decided to switch to some other OS. But leaving this problem the basic functions and UI of a windows phone is just awesome. I suggest you check your phone for any updates. And have you upgraded to wp 8.1?

Yup, I've updated to Win 8.1 and then downgraded because the problems there were just more severe. My music wouldn't even load at all due to constant re-caching.

I do have a Windows PC here, but I will not have one in a few days because I'm moving across the pond in a couple days. Mac and Linux only from in on out.

I definitely agree WP8 is snappy and easy on the battery, fluid and all around sexy. Tiles are just delicious, and the 3rd party apps from developers like Rudy Huyn are superior to Android equivalents. That said, I use my phone are an powerhouse music-device with Xbox Music (subscription) and the like. It's more mp3 player than not to me. And Microsoft has just made this past year overtly painful with the music syncing.

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Screen Shot 2014-04-21 at 9.09.48 PM.png

Whyyyyyyyyy is this happening? :( This never happened on my Zune, iPod, iRiver, Sandisk Sansa Player, Creative Zen, Droid Incredible, Droid Incredible 2, Galaxy Nexus...

Timh143

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
You can get a Lumia 925 (t-mobile only though) for $100 less than that iphone and would get double the RAM , higher pixel density, much better camera, 1.5ghz processor over 1ghz or 800mhz, much bigger battery, bigger screen, better display, etc. To me it doesn't seem worth it to pay an extra 100-200 for an iphone just to get better mac support, which could end up getting fixed in an update anyway.

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
You can get a Lumia 925 (t-mobile only though) for $100 less than that iphone and would get double the RAM , higher pixel density, much better camera, 1.5ghz processor over 1ghz or 800mhz, much bigger battery, bigger screen, better display, etc. To me it doesn't seem worth it to pay an extra 100-200 for an iphone just to get better mac support, which could end up getting fixed in an update anyway.

All of that means nothing is music doesn't work. Look at the picture I posted. The possibility that they MIGHT fix Mac support is just not enough at this point. It doesn't help me now when I just want to put on new CDs and can't do it without going through a bottle of aspirin.

I'm going to keep one of my Windows Phones and track its progress, but I just cannot use it as my daily driver in its current state anymore.

If the iPhone isn't a good option, I need one that isn't a Windows Phone.

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Yup, I've updated to Win 8.1 and then downgraded because the problems there were just more severe. My music wouldn't even load at all due to constant re-caching.

I do have a Windows PC here, but I will not have one in a few days because I'm moving across the pond in a couple days. Mac and Linux only from in on out.

I definitely agree WP8 is snappy and easy on the battery, fluid and all around sexy. Tiles are just delicious, and the 3rd party apps from developers like Rudy Huyn are superior to Android equivalents. That said, I use my phone are an powerhouse music-device with Xbox Music (subscription) and the like. It's more mp3 player than not to me. And Microsoft has just made this past year overtly painful with the music syncing.
The music sync is quite a bit of problem. But Microsoft promised it will update the music app from time to time and now that Xbox music and Xbox videos are separate apps , it can be updated more often. I am using Lumia 625. Wp8.1 running smooth. Here is a link you might check it out https://lumia720.wordpress.com/2013...icate-photosmp3-video-files-in-windowsphone8/

dby2011

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Don't get a iPhone 4- get at least a 4s. My friend have up a 4s to his son and got a used 4 and it struggles with iOS7.He said it is very slow and laggy. Matter of fact he was thinking of getting a Lumia 520 and dumping the iPhone 4 cause he can't stand how slow it is.

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
this... This may have been the solution i've been dying for. I will keep you updated.

Let us know if that works man, i wouldn't jump ship just yet, the duplications are very frustrating, but i think with a bit of work you can get your phone working fine and enjoy it, just gotta be patient and persistent :)

cuwe

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I also tried everything to get rid that duplications but , the only way that work (for me) , is to hard reset the phone with the SD card inside the phone .

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
For the time being I'm not having any issues with my music on the Xbox Music app. A first since I got the phone a while back. A tad slow right now, but I'm damn glad they've fixed the duplicate song issue on my side. On a side note. I just click and drag my music from folder to folder. The transfer app was useless last time I used it, and I am not going through the pain of using any media player to sync my files.

If you really are that bummed over this to switch OSes... I'd say get a 4S or a even the 5. 300 dollars for 3 generation old hardware is a tad much for me. Then again I'm not exactly well versed on prices of Apple hardware. I do hope you reach a solution sooner than later.

Misty Donovan

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I just have to agree with everything that tapehead said about this phone, I have never been so irritated with a phone in my life. I have 4 music apps on my phone, and all them are completely useless. It take half your life away just making a list, or god forbid you want to sync music. I have a ragged 4th generation iPod and I never knew why it was so expensive until now. So if I were you tapehead I would definitely save my pennies for an apple product, cus it makes the Lumia look like something a 5 year old came up with.

Shawn Magm

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I have never run any of the virtualization software (Virtual Box, Parallels, or VM Fusion) on OS X. I'm not sure if running virtualization software will recognize devices connected to USB ports. If you have access to a Windows Software and load that as a 2nd OS, Copy Trans can do drag and drop for the iPhone assuming that the software will recognize those devices. When I had my iPhone 3G, that was how I put music on the phone. I didn't deal with iTunes. Probably Boot Camp will work, but the pain is that you would have to reboot the computer into Boot Camp to access Windows.

hs k

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Hey, since you said that you had a Windows PC lying around, can you try music bee on it to sync? I have had the same problem on my 720 and after starting to use music bee, I haven't had a duplication problem.

If it still persists, can you try to flash another Rom on your phone?

If you have a phone with SD card, try finding the card with the phone

Azurus

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Re:iPhone 4, is there a big difference between the 4 and 4S, because my friend's iPhone (which she's been using for 2 years) is snappy as hell.

Actually yeah there is the main reason im telling you its gonna be laggy is because alot of my friends are experiencing this problem . With the 4S you have a higher processor , it can do better

L Beezy

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
All I can say about this is do what you believe is in your best interests. Don't let some of these people and their ****** comments tell you otherwise. I don't use my phone as a music player to begin with, but being a music-head I would be frustrated if I was in your position. I can say that the Windows platform has such a horrible music platform that I still have Zune installed on my Windows 8 PC and still use my iPod Classic as my main go-to music player.

By the way, I don't discriminate between any brand, OS, etc. I use what works best for me.

Robinsonmac

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Bottom line is it should work without having to do a bunch of work-arounds. Lets all just admit the music apps for Windowsphone are crap at best. The 1st update they promised is tomorrow. lets see what they come up with in terms of the level of commitment & what direction they are going in the update. As for the client apps for PC's, who knows if or when they will be updated. Hopefully both get updated at the same time and yopur problems strt to diminish. If not I'd get at least a 5 or 5c & call it a day....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05