Really sick of Windows Phone

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I understand new xbox music app is slow and stuff but they did add lots of useful new features like syncing the app list you have on Windows 8. We didn't have this before, I hope they update the app soon to make it faster and smoother.

Yeah, but that doesn't really help the Mac users. :(

Funky Cricket

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I copy files to my phone via drag and drop and have no issues with duplication, I don't use any stupid music program like iTunes, I just have ripped CD's or music from amazon.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My opinion from all this:

No don't get a 4, I can pick one up on craigslist for $100 and with iOS 7.1 it is likely going to be left in the dust. (Despite the improved performance for the 4 touted in the changelog, still kinda bad.) For that $300 you can pickup an iPod touch 5th generation and those aren't shabby at all. (but don't touch the 4th gen) Especially compared to the iPhone 4.

You get great and solid media playback and a solid experience with the iPod and everything great except Music for now on the WP. However, I think we hit rock bottom with Xbox music, nowhere to go but up. Unless MS outsources the coding to Visualland.

Zacharyw70

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Iphone 4 for $300 sounds like a joke, I got my iphone 5 for around that price on eBay and aside from a dent in the casing it was fine.

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I empathize with this situation. I wish there was a nice standalone app for music which included a file manager. I have my own stash of music which I listen to and which is stored on my storage drives at home (which means I would transfer them between the storage drives and my phone manually) and on my personal secure cloud from where I could download bits and pieces as and when I want. So, I have no need for streaming. This is also one of the things that I find missing on the RT Store (unless I am not looking at the right places, which is very well possible). Any ideas? Any recommendations for my Lumia 720 running WP 8.1? Thanks in advance.

FinancialP

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
$300 for a phone from 2010? Wow.

That ancient thing is on it's last leg.

I wish my Lumia from 2012 still received updates, but c'mon! $300?

fiveaces01

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
would you replace a faulty chevy carburetor with a ford carburetor..if you're gonna use mac..use all mac products ...if windows then all windows

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
would you replace a faulty chevy carburetor with a ford carburetor..if you're gonna use mac..use all mac products ...if windows then all windows

That's hardly an excuse for a product not working. MS took the time to release programs to make WP8 work with Macs. It should by all means work. Then again I've had the sync app not work for me, and I've been using WP8 on W8.

Looks like the OS's capability as a Music Player is its Weakest. MS/Nokia etc are concentrating on Imaging.

Not the greatest move honestly. This right here is pretty much the reason I'm really hoping Sony releases a Windows Phone. Just imagine. Walkman WP8.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

My iPad works perfectly with Windows and Office and OneDrive. But I have to say that I use iTunes only as a file transfer software (drag and drop without any issues).

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site

I use Linux, Windows, iOS and Android on a more or less daily basis and they all work fine together. Well, getting stuff on and off the iPad is a pain and iTunes is one of the worst pieces of software I've ever used, but otherwise everything is good. I strongly recommend not sticking to one ecosystem - it's a big mistake to believe that one company has all the best products, now or in the future. And services like Spotify, Dropbox, Google Docs, Skype, GMail and many more work well across all of them. I won't use a service that's limited to or gives preferential treatment to a certain platform. I suggest you don't either.

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site

That is the worst comparison ever and a pathetic excuse for the issue that tapehead is facing! Especially given the fact that this thread has people that are using windows phones with macs just fine.

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
This right here is pretty much the reason I'm really hoping Sony releases a Windows Phone. Just imagine. Walkman WP8.

I would die of happiness.

But I will say that since dragging/dropping via the Mac transfer app (even on my 64GB card), I haven't seen a single duplicate. I'm really hoping those days are over. :)

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I use Linux, Windows, iOS and Android on a more or less daily basis and they all work fine together. Well, getting stuff on and off the iPad is a pain and iTunes is one of the worst pieces of software I've ever used, but otherwise everything is good. I strongly recommend not sticking to one ecosystem - it's a big mistake to believe that one company has all the best products, now or in the future. And services like Spotify, Dropbox, Google Docs, Skype, GMail and many more work well across all of them. I won't use a service that's limited to or gives preferential treatment to a certain platform. I suggest you don't either.

I definitely agree. I have a Windows Phone but no Windows PC anymore. I do run OSX and Elementary OS on a daily basis, though. I really wish Microsoft did a better job supporting other operating systems. At least Apple released iTunes for Windows and it's the same app that it is on Mac. It's slower, but at least it functions. Microsoft only released a Zune-compatible client after the Zune was discontinued!

boasist

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
I definitely agree. I have a Windows Phone but no Windows PC anymore. I do run OSX and Elementary OS on a daily basis, though. I really wish Microsoft did a better job supporting other operating systems. At least Apple released iTunes for Windows and it's the same app that it is on Mac. It's slower, but at least it functions. Microsoft only released a Zune-compatible client after the Zune was discontinued!

+1

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Re:iPhone 4, is there a big difference between the 4 and 4S, because my friend's iPhone (which she's been using for 2 years) is snappy as hell.

If I'm not mistaken, iphone 4S is dual core while iphone 4 is single core. Either way, I wouldn't pay 300? for a new iphone 4 or 4s, used ip4 is worth like 50? tops. Whoever pays more for it needs medical help. By all means, get an iphone, they work well with apples ecosystem, but at least get the ip5 (5c is the same thing, just colorful).

I have 0 problems with music with L925 and Windows computer, I just copy music trough Explorer, no syncing needed, I've only had bad experience with anything that said 'sync' on it. Manual drag-n-drop is still fool proof, but I imagine you can't do that on a mac. How about you switch computers instead of phones ;) ?

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried Nokia MixRadio?

I gave it a shot (the free version) and it keeps playing the same songs. It's also a very useless if not on wifi because it sucks gigabytes like juice, and also it's not available in most countries so you need to change locale but then purchasing apps doesn't work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)