Really sick of Windows Phone

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
lol Can I clarify that the iPhone wasn't $300, but it was going to be a lot more because I needed to do one-day shipping? :p

Also, why would I switch computers? ;) Windows 8 is great at looking like a disease, but not much else. :p

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I just cannot handle the Music situation. Aside from the abysmal state of Xbox Music, I own a Mac, and Microsoft has done an embarrassing job with their Mac support...

I'm very close to switching to the iPhone 4. Is the 4 obsolete by this point? Because I can get on eBay tonight for under $300 unlocked, and that sounds worth it.

$300 unlocked for an iPhone 4??? Jeez, that's a complete ripoff. But is music the only real issue you're having?

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
So really, this isn't "I am sick of Windows Phone" thread, it is "I am really sick of music intergration on Windows Phone" Thread.

My fellow WPC community mostly think I am nuts for still being on a Lumia 900 WP 7, but the main reason I am is that I love the XBOX Music I have, and I love the Zune intergration. The playlists do not work for crap, but otherwise it is a seamless experience. I, of course, will be on WP 8 before long, but I am dreading the loss of Zune.

If you prefer WP 8 as an OS, but the main thing you use your device for is a music player, this is a hard piece of advice to give. I cannot say go to the iPhone, because of the 4 is your only choice, then that is not a choice. I personally feel you need the iPhone 5 or better to ensure the OS does not drive you to the same brink of aggarvation you are at over the music player right now.

Also going out of the country? For how long? (You really do not make things easy on yourself, do you?)

I just feel your pain. Take a slice of this, add it to that OS, and a dash of this, and all would be good. Instead, you are torn between a tough decision and a bad situation.

In this circumstance, I honestly would advice you to tough it out with the WP until you are in a position to actually make a decent purchase to replace WP8. Right now, MS is attempting to fix things, and if they get it right in a matter of a few updates, all this money you are paying for a lesser device will really depress you. If they do not, you at least have time to find a better bargain.

lucas.scott

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I may be in the minority here, but I simply do not feel the pains that others are feeling. I own a 1520 and run OS X on my home computer. I have never needed to connect my phone to my PC for music. I pay for the music pass. If I want to add music to my phone, I simply download it from the phone. If for whatever reason thats not an option - I can add the music to my collection through the Xbox Music website... then stream or download it to my device when I choose.

I do not understand the importance of sync software on a computer when cloud computing is becoming such an important part of the world we live in. I feel like the more you embrace the future - the less you will compare things to the past.

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
So really, this isn't "I am sick of Windows Phone" thread, it is "I am really sick of music intergration on Windows Phone" Thread.

My fellow WPC community mostly think I am nuts for still being on a Lumia 900 WP 7, but the main reason I am is that I love the XBOX Music I have, and I love the Zune intergration. The playlists do not work for crap, but otherwise it is a seamless experience. I, of course, will be on WP 8 before long, but I am dreading the loss of Zune.

If you prefer WP 8 as an OS, but the main thing you use your device for is a music player, this is a hard piece of advice to give. I cannot say go to the iPhone, because of the 4 is your only choice, then that is not a choice. I personally feel you need the iPhone 5 or better to ensure the OS does not drive you to the same brink of aggarvation you are at over the music player right now.

Also going out of the country? For how long? (You really do not make things easy on yourself, do you?)

I just feel your pain. Take a slice of this, add it to that OS, and a dash of this, and all would be good. Instead, you are torn between a tough decision and a bad situation.

In this circumstance, I honestly would advice you to tough it out with the WP until you are in a position to actually make a decent purchase to replace WP8. Right now, MS is attempting to fix things, and if they get it right in a matter of a few updates, all this money you are paying for a lesser device will really depress you. If they do not, you at least have time to find a better bargain.

I considered buying a Lumia 800 with the sole purpose of using it as an mp3 player, but I can't justify it. I'm going to stick with WP until 8.1 is officially pushed. I'll make my decision then. :)

And no, I really don't make it easy. ;)

lucas.scott said:
I may be in the minority here, but I simply do not feel the pains that others are feeling. I own a 1520 and run OS X on my home computer. I have never needed to connect my phone to my PC for music. I pay for the music pass. If I want to add music to my phone, I simply download it from the phone. If for whatever reason thats not an option - I can add the music to my collection through the Xbox Music website... then stream or download it to my device when I choose.

I agree in principle, but Xbox Music (like most internet music providers), has horrible tags, and I'm a big Last.FM user. I just can't rely on a bunch of songs that have (Album Version) listed after it or have incorrect album art. That and I have a lot of stuff that isn't on Xbox Music.

MyNL822

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I just cannot handle the Music situation. Aside from the abysmal state of Xbox Music, I own a Mac, and Microsoft has done an embarrassing job with their Mac support...

I'm very close to switching to the iPhone 4. Is the 4 obsolete by this point? Because I can get on eBay tonight for under $300 unlocked, and that sounds worth it.

I feel you, man. The app is annoying me too, but I suggest you wait till their next music update(I don't know if it will be much better) and see what they do. Also what are the things that are really annoying you? I can't say for myself because as soon as I saw the app loading screen that looked like the app in store I decided I would use Cortana to play music for me. But I didn't notice music playing was buggy and slow, while cortana is instant. If you do switch, please don't get an iPhone 4...That is gonna be the next phone to be dropped from the iOS updates, at least get a 4s, becase iPhone 4 is 4 generations behind...or you could get an iPod touch or Nano(nano is really good).

MyNL822

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I agree in principle, but Xbox Music (like most internet music providers), has horrible tags, and I'm a big Last.FM user. I just can't rely on a bunch of songs that have (Album Version) listed after it or have incorrect album art. That and I have a lot of stuff that isn't on Xbox Music.
This is me too!

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I'm too lazy but all I did was load my iTunes library on a microSD card. Whatever phone I'm sporting that day has my music. Can't do that on an iPhone.

rex.reyesiii

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Not the greatest move honestly. This right here is pretty much the reason I'm really hoping Sony releases a Windows Phone. Just imagine. Walkman WP8.

Yep am counting also on Sony to release a WP... but they let go of VAIO so I dunno if that can still happen.

I have 0 problems with music with L925 and Windows computer, I just copy music trough Explorer, no syncing needed, I've only had bad experience with anything that said 'sync' on it. Manual drag-n-drop is still fool proof, but I imagine you can't do that on a mac. How about you switch computers instead of phones ;) ?

Yep this should be it. :)

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
But there you are using the old music hub which we aren't meant to use.

Please explain how a music app that is part of the core OS be something "we're not meant to use". That is unacceptable. If Microsoft is telling their customers the same thing, shame on them.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Please explain how a music app that is part of the core OS be something "we're not meant to use". That is unacceptable. If Microsoft is telling their customers the same thing, shame on them.
The old music hub is hidden and meant to be inaccessible. Hence, not meant to use it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077