10-09-2014 06:15 AM
402 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    You don't get the gist of what I was saying. I was talking about the apple lemmings that Just HAVE TO HAVE everything they release just because its the new "revolutionary" thing. Even though that's the farthest thing from the truth.

My dad bought the IP5s 2 months ago, the call quality on that phone is terrible.. He is always cutting in and out, and the volume while talking is fluctuating constantly. The app argument is over. There is basically every important app available for WP now. Yes apple has 5 times the amount of apps, however I don't need 10,000 fart apps. The higher end wp devices are much nicer than apples same ole same ole since IP1.

The IOS software is boring at best. It does NOTHING. just sits there with icons waiting to do something. The WP software with live tiles you get all your information you need updated in real time. It's a much better more advanced OS. Plus, you don't need the best newest processors to run the software smoothly. This is a fact that most normal people and salespeople don't understand. My wifes first WP was the 520 and it ran fine with windows 8. I actually like that phone a lot. I have an IPhone 4 sitting in my desk now with an exploded battery, just happend out of the blue. I have never had an issue with any other phone for reilabliity but had 2 screens die and this battery explosion with the apple products in my household. Then there is the ease of use on OSX. What a joke that is. Windows is infinantly easier to use than OSX. But marketing and lack of education on consumers parts make them buy apple. Also on that side is the gotta be seen with apple "status symbol". I need to be seen at Starbucks sitting with my MacBook sipping my fake coffee through a straw.

My windows products work miles better than my apple products did when I had them.

The fanboy comment is far from incredibly stupid. I have a friend, who is an apple fanboy, and every time a new product comes out he's like did you see the I"whatever". Its revolutionary. I wish they would quit with that word, because there is nothing revolutionary coming from apple. All smoke and mirrors.
    Apple just sold 4 million iPhone 6/6+ in 24 hours.
    I don't believe your opinions are shared by the majority of consumers, or myself for that matter.
    carlos12001 likes this.
    09-16-2014 07:20 AM
    If Microsoft had the amount of media coverage about the Revolutionary products apple supposedly puts out I bet they would sell much much better. Hell every news agency is paid off my the media machine apple to report on their "new" products.
    09-16-2014 10:08 AM
    NOW, after Apple Event, it is easier to answer, so I re Ask
    Will you purchase the iPhone 6(or 6 plus)?
    Quite simply, no.

The hardware is always great in the Apple camp, although the design of the latest is too feminine, but the OS is the killer for me.
    09-16-2014 10:13 AM
    Hardware is top quality, app selection is great but the OS leaves much to be desired. Apple's insistence on not playing nice with other platforms is troubling. The iMessage fiasco is one example but not being able to share files via bluetooth unless the recipient is also on iOS is ridiculous. Maybe iOS 8 addresses these and other shortcomings.
    09-16-2014 10:32 AM
    If Microsoft had the amount of media coverage about the Revolutionary products apple supposedly puts out I bet they would sell much much better. Hell every news agency is paid off my the media machine apple to report on their "new" products.
    Actually you would be factually incorrect
    09-16-2014 10:33 AM
    Apple just sold 4 million iPhone 6/6+ in 24 hours.
    I don't believe your opinions are shared by the majority of consumers, or myself for that matter.
    Sheep man.....they do it cause they are crazy die-hard apple fans - to tell you the truth, IOS is really playing catchup - larger screens, swipe keyboard......but other than that, its still the same ole boring OS. Yea, some of its apps are better than on Windows Phone.....but I hardly notice that fact. My wife has an Iphone 5s - going from my Lumia Icon, with 8.1.1 installed and picking up her Iphone and using it is like going back to the stone ages. I equate it to something like: Windows Phone 8.1.1 -> IOS 7 = IOS7 -> Palm Pilot. It is a far advanced, much more customizable, OS. Are there some areas for improvement in WP....sure, they could use some more work on the notifications, and let developers customize the toast notifications a bit more....better ability to cast to smart tv from other apps, and the most important thing to me, is the managing of email attachments (I get files all the time in emails that I cant open.....I should be able to still download, and later plug my phone in, and pull the file off - in case I don't have cell service, or internet where I am going). Those are all things I can live with in their current state. I just find apple's OS bland, and uninspiring. The fact that I can pin a website to my start screen, and it cycles through image/headlines on a live tile, and when I open it, it acts like a true native application, says a lot (Im looking at you theverge.com). Couple that with the true cross-platform services MS is trying to implement, and I think people are really missing out. It doesn't help that idiots sell cell phones, and don't show the better features to people. They just push what "everybody else has"............and tell lies about WP not having apps.
    09-16-2014 10:55 AM
    Sheep man.....they do it cause they are crazy die-hard apple fans - to tell you the truth, IOS is really playing catchup - larger screens, swipe keyboard......but other than that, its still the same ole boring OS. Yea, some of its apps are better than on Windows Phone.....but I hardly notice that fact. My wife has an Iphone 5s - going from my Lumia Icon, with 8.1.1 installed and picking up her Iphone and using it is like going back to the stone ages. I equate it to something like: Windows Phone 8.1.1 -> IOS 7 = IOS7 -> Palm Pilot. It is a far advanced, much more customizable, OS. Are there some areas for improvement in WP....sure, they could use some more work on the notifications, and let developers customize the toast notifications a bit more....better ability to cast to smart tv from other apps, and the most important thing to me, is the managing of email attachments (I get files all the time in emails that I cant open.....I should be able to still download, and later plug my phone in, and pull the file off - in case I don't have cell service, or internet where I am going). Those are all things I can live with in their current state. I just find apple's OS bland, and uninspiring. The fact that I can pin a website to my start screen, and it cycles through image/headlines on a live tile, and when I open it, it acts like a true native application, says a lot (Im looking at you theverge.com). Couple that with the true cross-platform services MS is trying to implement, and I think people are really missing out. It doesn't help that idiots sell cell phones, and don't show the better features to people. They just push what "everybody else has"............and tell lies about WP not having apps.
    I think it's unfair to call them sheep.
    iOS users seem to know what they want and are not easily swayed.

Your point about pushy sales people seems rather moot especially when applied to this specific preorder, since most of the people purchasing the iPhone woke up in the middle of the night just to place the order.
    09-16-2014 11:01 AM
    Also you gotta realize that Apple release one, or two in this case, phones a year. So the hype is massive.

If Windows released one or two really hot phones a year, you would have the same thing.

Subsequently you will get many Windows and Android powered units per year, all year round.
    09-16-2014 11:09 AM
    Also you gotta realize that Apple release one, or two in this case, phones a year. So the hype is massive.

If Windows released one or two really hot phones a year, you would have the same thing.

Subsequently you will get many Windows and Android powered units per year, all year round.
    What's stopping Microsoft from releasing one to two phones a year?
    Hubris?
    Microsoft did spend over $2 billion in marketing for 2013 alone. They should have had much more success according to some posters here.
    09-16-2014 11:17 AM
    No, I'll be getting the Galaxy Note 4. Don't think Microsoft is ever going to figure out how the smart phone industry works
    09-16-2014 11:18 AM
    No, I'll be getting the Galaxy Note 4. Don't think Microsoft is ever going to figure out how the smart phone industry works
    I think you might be spot on.
    09-16-2014 11:19 AM

If your company had the sales and profits Apple does, would you rock the boat? I've been reading for a few years about how Apple has lost its mojo, no longer the bad boy on the block and so forth. Apparently, the buying public thinks otherwise. God bless America right?
    tgp likes this.
    09-16-2014 11:20 AM
    No,using Lumia 1520. Satisfied.
    09-16-2014 11:26 AM
    No but bought a xiaomi redmi 1s ... Think will use it as a second phone. 1520 is enough for the high end now
    09-16-2014 11:29 AM
    I won't. Long story short I had the opportunity to use an iPhone 5 last year for 4 months, which was enough to leave an impression. During that time I missed having live tiles (It's quite useful being able to read WhatsApp messages or emails from your start screen) and I just couldn't get used to having just one button. It's also uncomfortable to wear without a case and, frankly, I found it too big for my small hands. When I went back to my Lumia 620 I was more than happy.

Although I don't know much about what has been new in the iPhone 5S and 6, I'm pretty sure they don't include live tiles, a search button, and reduced size. It's quite funny, really, when you look at how mobile phones developed. First they were quite big, then it became a competition to create the smallest possible phone, and now it's all the rage again to have a 6 inch device in your pocket.
    09-16-2014 11:30 AM
    If it's running Windows threshold why not!
    09-16-2014 11:47 AM
    Sheep man.....they do it cause they are crazy die-hard apple fans
    I am so tired of hearing comments like this. It's completely puerile and ignorant.

My favorite desktop OS is Windows 8. I use it at home and I use it at work, both without touch and with keyboard and mouse. I hate the iPad in all of its configurations - I do not think iOS sizes up to tablet size well - and so I use a Surface RT. I've had a Lumia 920, Lumia 520, HTC 8X, and a Lumia 820 which I still have, but I use an iPhone 5S because it works better for me. I'm certainly going to upgrade to an iPhone 6 when I can. You think I'm a sheep? Or a crazy, die-hard Apple fan? You could NOT be more wrong.
    HAMEDACC and carlos12001 like this.
    09-16-2014 12:20 PM
    I am so tired of hearing comments like this. It's completely puerile and ignorant.

My favorite desktop OS is Windows 8. I use it at home and I use it at work, both without touch and with keyboard and mouse. I hate the iPad in all of its configurations - I do not think iOS sizes up to tablet size well - and so I use a Surface RT. I've had a Lumia 920, Lumia 520, HTC 8X, and a Lumia 820 which I still have, but I use an iPhone 5S because it works better for me. I'm certainly going to upgrade to an iPhone 6 when I can. You think I'm a sheep? Or a crazy, die-hard Apple fan? You could NOT be more wrong.
    No, your an exception to the sheeple rule. Most apple sheep have apple everything and you mention ways that something else might be better, then look out, they automatically break out in black turtle necks and glasses.
    09-16-2014 03:10 PM
    No, your an exception to the sheeple rule. Most apple sheep have apple everything and you mention ways that something else might be better, then look out, they automatically break out in black turtle necks and glasses.
    Are WP, Android, or BlackBerry users any different?
    carlos12001 likes this.
    09-16-2014 03:16 PM
    Make that 2 exceptions. My home desktop is OSX, my laptop is W7. I had my eMac last me from 2004 until just last year. It's still in perfect shape but I can't upgrade past Leopard due to hardware constraints and too many programs only support Snow Leopard and above. By switching from PowerPC to Intel CPUs, Apple effectively did the same as MS did with the WP7.5 to WP8 switch. Did the iSheep storm the Cupertino Palace and burn Steve Jobs in effigy? No, they moved on.

While it's true that hardcore iOS fans can be downright ridiculous in their idolatry, the same can be said for Android, WP or PC fans. Any Phone Wars thread will bear that out.
    iamtim, carlos12001 and Mach_E like this.
    09-16-2014 05:54 PM
    The vast majority of iPhone users have Windows PCs. Logic and sales numbers bear that out. And the majority of them get iPhones just because they are used to it and have had good experiences with it and don't bother looking elsewhere.
    tgp, iamtim, rpac78 and 1 others like this.
    09-16-2014 06:05 PM
    I was going for the iPhone 6 plus but apple doesn't know how to operate in phablet land so i think the Note 4 is going to get my money instead. You can't come out with an Half *** phablet in the big phone jungle.
    09-16-2014 06:18 PM
    It actually is starting to make sense to go more Apple if you start, their products are getting closer to each other (as in they work better together). Or it could be because they're fanboys ... whichever makes you feel better.
    09-17-2014 07:35 AM
    Today is a perfect example of how and why the iPhone will always beat Windows Phone (at least until MS changes their methods):

iOS 8 was released about an hour ago, on the day Apple announced it would be released. I went to Settings>General>Software Update on my AT&T iPhone, and started downloading and installing iOS 8. I then picked up my T-Mobile iPhone (AT&T personal, T-Mobile work), did the same thing, and started downloading and installing iOS 8 on it as well. When I go home and do the same thing on my GFs iPhone 4S, iOS 8 will start downloading and installing on it.

When Microsoft and Nokia announced Windows Phone 8.1 and Cyan were available, I had to wait 2 months before it was available for my Lumia 820.
    09-17-2014 01:10 PM
    No because I'm contractually stuck to my L1520 but even then the lack of a SD card slot kills it for me. I want to use my phone as a replacement for my camera and I don't think $100 for an extra 48gb is fair when I can get one for around $30.

But I'll seriously consider the iphone again if they ever put a SD card slot in.
    09-17-2014 01:24 PM
402 ... 1213141516 ...