Will you purchase the iPhone 6 ?

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I swear, it's like you don't even read my posts. Yep, I think Android is perfect, you called it /sarcasm.

If you actually feel like reading my posts, and then making a thoughtful response, come back and let me know.

i dont feel like giving a dime about you,i wont stand being called names by a total stranger for no damn reason on a public forum,hence your points are invalid and im gonna ignore you,enjoy

fyi you were the one saying bs about platforms other than android hence everyone started to prove you wrong so its your fault not mine or anyone elses
we all were having a fair discussion until you started arguing and calling others experience "crap"(in your words)

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
i dont feel like giving a dime about you,i wont stand being called names by a total stranger for no damn reason on a public forum,hence your points are invalid and im gonna ignore you,enjoy

fyi you were the one saying bs about platforms other than android hence everyone started to prove you wrong so its your fault not mine or anyone elses
we all were having a fair discussion until you started arguing and calling others experience "crap"(in your words)

What BS? That having a WP doesn't mean you'll get updates at all, and definitely not at a reasonable pace? Because that's not BS, that's the truth. Or when I said that app take too long to open on a wide range of WP devices? Because that's also true. As for the idea that I should be "using a flagship device to get good performance", I'm using a 3 or so year old Android phone and getting good performance.

Are you saying that current budget WP are lesser than a 3 year old Android device? How will it fare against a quad core budget phone that's come out recently? I can get a Moto E for 129$. I can get a Moto G for 159$ from Republic Wireless. I don't ask this because I dislike WP, as much as you seem to be assuming I do. I like WP, but let's not kid ourselves and say that it's as good as the competition.

Blame the OEMs.
Blame the carriers.
Blame anyone you want, really.

People won't care about the various excuses. And at this point, Android users don't really care about version upgrades. Android has the features, and the apps are updated (as in Google has actually put the things that used to be system apps in the store) and performance is getting better. Microsoft had a chance to fix this, really, but they chose to do neither of the two things that would have fixed this colossal mistake of theirs. They didn't put their big apps in their own store, like they have with Windows RT, and they have continued to bow down to the carriers.

This is a problem of Microsoft's making.

By the way, I dislike Google with a passion. I moved everything I could away from them. At the same time, I'm not so blind as to think that WP is there yet. I want it to be, but it's not. It doesn't have the apps, it doesn't have a performance edge anymore. It has the UI advantage, in my opinion at least. Microsoft might fix it with Threshold, or they might disappoint me again. I don't know.

OH, and for the record ... I didn't buy a contract device. Who the heck would buy a 100$ phone on contract?

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
What BS? That having a WP doesn't mean you'll get updates at all, and definitely not at a reasonable pace? Because that's not BS, that's the truth. Or when I said that app take too long to open on a wide range of WP devices? Because that's also true. As for the idea that I should be "using a flagship device to get good performance", I'm using a 3 or so year old Android phone and getting good performance.

Are you saying that current budget WP are lesser than a 3 year old Android device? How will it fare against a quad core budget phone that's come out recently? I can get a Moto E for 129$. I can get a Moto G for 159$ from Republic Wireless. I don't ask this because I dislike WP, as much as you seem to be assuming I do. I like WP, but let's not kid ourselves and say that it's as good as the competition.

Blame the OEMs.
Blame the carriers.
Blame anyone you want, really.

People won't care about the various excuses. And at this point, Android users don't really care about version upgrades. Android has the features, and the apps are updated (as in Google has actually put the things that used to be system apps in the store) and performance is getting better. Microsoft had a chance to fix this, really, but they chose to do neither of the two things that would have fixed this colossal mistake of theirs. They didn't put their big apps in their own store, like they have with Windows RT, and they have continued to bow down to the carriers.

This is a problem of Microsoft's making.

By the way, I dislike Google with a passion. I moved everything I could away from them. At the same time, I'm not so blind as to think that WP is there yet. I want it to be, but it's not. It doesn't have the apps, it doesn't have a performance edge anymore. It has the UI advantage, in my opinion at least. Microsoft might fix it with Threshold, or they might disappoint me again. I don't know.

OH, and for the record ... I didn't buy a contract device. Who the heck would buy a 100$ phone on contract?

like i said you had the cheek to insult me for no reason hence im gonna enjoy my popcorn and laugh at your posts instead of a reply
enjoy

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Back onto subject:

No, I will not buy an iPhone 6. This isn't because it's bad or anything. iOS has some advantages, still, that the other Operating Systems do not. I just don't buy high end devices because of the cost. My next phone is likely to be something on Republic Wireless, whatever phone I'm able to save up for.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
No, I will not buy an iPhone 6. This isn't because it's bad or anything. iOS has some advantages, still, that the other Operating Systems do not. I just don't buy high end devices because of the cost. My next phone is likely to be something on Republic Wireless, whatever phone I'm able to save up for.
If you are going to be honest and use common sense, I'm going to have to ask you to leave the internet.

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
As much as I like iOS, I wouldn't.

1. It's boring - Coming from the 5, it was great but I got bored with it easily even after jailbreaking it
2. Storage - I know that they will be releasing a 128 GB version but I wouldn't pay extra 300 bucks just to get to that
3. Price - It's expensive. It really will be. Especially for the 128 GB I want.
4. Their unusual screen resolution - Like why can't they just release a 1080p or a 2K display? Why do they need to customize their resolution? It doesn't make sense to me especially now that they are past the Apple standard "326 PPI", the pixel density of their past 4 phones.
5. That exclusive charging cable - Again, why? What's wrong with MicroUSB
6. Security - I know weak passwords are partly to be blamed but the fact that someone managed to hack multiple celebrity accounts (and prolly some people like us) is just something for me to cross it out
7. Very appealing to thieves - Let's say I live in a place where a lot of snatching is being done and since the iPhone is a popular phone, it'll be one of the main targets of these thieves.

iOS is great it's just that I'm not crazy to add an extra 300 bucks to an already premium priced phone for my storage needs. I liked my iPhone 5 but I only managed to get the 16GB version because of the price. With my 1520, I paid less even after buying the 64GB memory card.

For the people who can afford it though and like it, go ahead, iOS is a great mobile operating system.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
So the iPhone 6:s were exactly what everyone expected. Great hardware, I'm not paying that though.

The ONLY advantage IMO of getting an iPhone is that they have great app support and great relationships with carriers - you know you will always be up to date on everything. But that was the same before.

Not buying.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
IPhone 6 s has optical image stabilisation wow every iPhone user love it.This will be highest selling phone in the globe.Great job apple.Now all android high end going to bleed because of iPhone 6.since it is largeeeee screen iphoneeee.
From Windows phone

jason8957

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I am getting a new phone in November.
I was thinking that I would consider whatever the new iphone is if nothing spectacular came out for Windows Phone. But, I have to say, this latest iPhone event was the most mediocre yet.

They play catch-up on screen size and NFC, nothing revolutionary here. They do add a better processor with apparently better battery life. Still stuck doing everything the Apple way.
I'd say the HTC one M8 with Windows Phone is still my front-runner at this point.
I won't consider an Android. I'm not dealing with that train wreck.

luisfarelo

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
LOL Why is my Ativ S superior in almost every way to the new iPhone 6? What a fail... and people criticize MS. Looks like Android will continue to eat Apple's market share and WP may have a shot.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
LOL Why is my Ativ S superior in almost every way to the new iPhone 6? What a fail... and people criticize MS. Looks like Android will continue to eat Apple's market share and WP may have a shot.

I think that some people leaving iPhone were doing it because of having no option for a bigger screen. The 6/6+ take care of that. With this announcement, Apple leapfrogged WP with NFC tap to pay, but otherwise it more like gets them caught up in other areas like screen size. I didn't see anything that Android devices haven't had for a long time, although functionality might be more polished in some areas. Tap to pay? I've been doing that for a year and a half already.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3