Will you purchase the iPhone 6 ?

roni09riku

May 20, 2014
Visit site
The only reason I'm gonna buy an iPhone 6 (or any iPhone) is because I have to buy it for my girlfriend or family member, but of course not without a proper amount of explaining as to why they should not get it (which I will eventually lose at).

Kins69

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Considering that your post is number 302, sorry if I missed a few. You do realize apps are created by developers, not WP. You also realize that these people have been working on iOS for years and are more comfortable with the code. Android apps just started being tolerable a few years ago. At least WP apps have been visually appealing since day one.
Sorry, but the developper of the Facebook app IS Microsoft. This says enough as far as I am concerned.

Really a pity, because as you say indeed, WP and its apps are visually quite nice.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm not a fan of the iTunes desktop top, but the Xbox Music app in WP 8.1 is atrocious.

I've stopped using Music on my iPhone 5S and Xbox Music on my Lumia 820. Instead I use Spotify. It's better than both of them put together, and with the wireless local files sync (at least on the iPhone app, dunno if the WP app does that) I can easily move songs to my phone which aren't in the Spotify catalog.

I had a Ford with Microsoft Sync and it was horrible - half the time the device wouldn't connect, etc.

I currently drive a Ford with Microsoft Sync and my Lumia 820 is better with it than is my iPhone 5S. And WP has something in that area which the iPhone, sadly, does not: always read incoming messages over Bluetooth. So when I'm driving around, and I receive a text message, WP will chime in and let me know.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I've stopped using Music on my iPhone 5S and Xbox Music on my Lumia 820. Instead I use Spotify. It's better than both of them put together, and with the wireless local files sync (at least on the iPhone app, dunno if the WP app does that) I can easily move songs to my phone which aren't in the Spotify catalog.

I currently drive a Ford with Microsoft Sync and my Lumia 820 is better with it than is my iPhone 5S. And WP has something in that area which the iPhone, sadly, does not: always read incoming messages over Bluetooth. So when I'm driving around, and I receive a text message, WP will chime in and let me know.

I heard the newest fords no longer will have SYNC from Microsoft, I believe they are moving to the IOS in the car.

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Because of fanboys? That is just an incredibly stupid comment, grow up.

You don't get the gist of what I was saying. I was talking about the apple lemmings that Just HAVE TO HAVE everything they release just because its the new "revolutionary" thing. Even though that's the farthest thing from the truth.

My dad bought the IP5s 2 months ago, the call quality on that phone is terrible.. He is always cutting in and out, and the volume while talking is fluctuating constantly. The app argument is over. There is basically every important app available for WP now. Yes apple has 5 times the amount of apps, however I don't need 10,000 fart apps. The higher end wp devices are much nicer than apples same ole same ole since IP1.

The IOS software is boring at best. It does NOTHING. just sits there with icons waiting to do something. The WP software with live tiles you get all your information you need updated in real time. It's a much better more advanced OS. Plus, you don't need the best newest processors to run the software smoothly. This is a fact that most normal people and salespeople don't understand. My wifes first WP was the 520 and it ran fine with windows 8. I actually like that phone a lot. I have an IPhone 4 sitting in my desk now with an exploded battery, just happend out of the blue. I have never had an issue with any other phone for reilabliity but had 2 screens die and this battery explosion with the apple products in my household. Then there is the ease of use on OSX. What a joke that is. Windows is infinantly easier to use than OSX. But marketing and lack of education on consumers parts make them buy apple. Also on that side is the gotta be seen with apple "status symbol". I need to be seen at Starbucks sitting with my MacBook sipping my fake coffee through a straw.

My windows products work miles better than my apple products did when I had them.

The ****** comment is far from incredibly stupid. I have a friend, who is an apple ******, and every time a new product comes out he's like did you see the I"whatever". Its revolutionary. I wish they would quit with that word, because there is nothing revolutionary coming from apple. All smoke and mirrors.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
You don't get the gist of what I was saying. I was talking about the apple lemmings that Just HAVE TO HAVE everything they release just because its the new "revolutionary" thing. Even though that's the farthest thing from the truth.

My dad bought the IP5s 2 months ago, the call quality on that phone is terrible.. He is always cutting in and out, and the volume while talking is fluctuating constantly. The app argument is over. There is basically every important app available for WP now. Yes apple has 5 times the amount of apps, however I don't need 10,000 fart apps. The higher end wp devices are much nicer than apples same ole same ole since IP1.

The IOS software is boring at best. It does NOTHING. just sits there with icons waiting to do something. The WP software with live tiles you get all your information you need updated in real time. It's a much better more advanced OS. Plus, you don't need the best newest processors to run the software smoothly. This is a fact that most normal people and salespeople don't understand. My wifes first WP was the 520 and it ran fine with windows 8. I actually like that phone a lot. I have an IPhone 4 sitting in my desk now with an exploded battery, just happend out of the blue. I have never had an issue with any other phone for reilabliity but had 2 screens die and this battery explosion with the apple products in my household. Then there is the ease of use on OSX. What a joke that is. Windows is infinantly easier to use than OSX. But marketing and lack of education on consumers parts make them buy apple. Also on that side is the gotta be seen with apple "status symbol". I need to be seen at Starbucks sitting with my MacBook sipping my fake coffee through a straw.

My windows products work miles better than my apple products did when I had them.

The ****** comment is far from incredibly stupid. I have a friend, who is an apple ******, and every time a new product comes out he's like did you see the I"whatever". Its revolutionary. I wish they would quit with that word, because there is nothing revolutionary coming from apple. All smoke and mirrors.

Apple just sold 4 million iPhone 6/6+ in 24 hours.
I don't believe your opinions are shared by the majority of consumers, or myself for that matter.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
If Microsoft had the amount of media coverage about the Revolutionary products apple supposedly puts out I bet they would sell much much better. Hell every news agency is paid off my the media machine apple to report on their "new" products.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Hardware is top quality, app selection is great but the OS leaves much to be desired. Apple's insistence on not playing nice with other platforms is troubling. The iMessage fiasco is one example but not being able to share files via bluetooth unless the recipient is also on iOS is ridiculous. Maybe iOS 8 addresses these and other shortcomings.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
If Microsoft had the amount of media coverage about the Revolutionary products apple supposedly puts out I bet they would sell much much better. Hell every news agency is paid off my the media machine apple to report on their "new" products.

Actually you would be factually incorrect

nasellok

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Apple just sold 4 million iPhone 6/6+ in 24 hours.
I don't believe your opinions are shared by the majority of consumers, or myself for that matter.

Sheep man.....they do it cause they are crazy die-hard apple fans - to tell you the truth, IOS is really playing catchup - larger screens, swipe keyboard......but other than that, its still the same ole boring OS. Yea, some of its apps are better than on Windows Phone.....but I hardly notice that fact. My wife has an Iphone 5s - going from my Lumia Icon, with 8.1.1 installed and picking up her Iphone and using it is like going back to the stone ages. I equate it to something like: Windows Phone 8.1.1 -> IOS 7 = IOS7 -> Palm Pilot. It is a far advanced, much more customizable, OS. Are there some areas for improvement in WP....sure, they could use some more work on the notifications, and let developers customize the toast notifications a bit more....better ability to cast to smart tv from other apps, and the most important thing to me, is the managing of email attachments (I get files all the time in emails that I cant open.....I should be able to still download, and later plug my phone in, and pull the file off - in case I don't have cell service, or internet where I am going). Those are all things I can live with in their current state. I just find apple's OS bland, and uninspiring. The fact that I can pin a website to my start screen, and it cycles through image/headlines on a live tile, and when I open it, it acts like a true native application, says a lot (Im looking at you theverge.com). Couple that with the true cross-platform services MS is trying to implement, and I think people are really missing out. It doesn't help that idiots sell cell phones, and don't show the better features to people. They just push what "everybody else has"............and tell lies about WP not having apps.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Sheep man.....they do it cause they are crazy die-hard apple fans - to tell you the truth, IOS is really playing catchup - larger screens, swipe keyboard......but other than that, its still the same ole boring OS. Yea, some of its apps are better than on Windows Phone.....but I hardly notice that fact. My wife has an Iphone 5s - going from my Lumia Icon, with 8.1.1 installed and picking up her Iphone and using it is like going back to the stone ages. I equate it to something like: Windows Phone 8.1.1 -> IOS 7 = IOS7 -> Palm Pilot. It is a far advanced, much more customizable, OS. Are there some areas for improvement in WP....sure, they could use some more work on the notifications, and let developers customize the toast notifications a bit more....better ability to cast to smart tv from other apps, and the most important thing to me, is the managing of email attachments (I get files all the time in emails that I cant open.....I should be able to still download, and later plug my phone in, and pull the file off - in case I don't have cell service, or internet where I am going). Those are all things I can live with in their current state. I just find apple's OS bland, and uninspiring. The fact that I can pin a website to my start screen, and it cycles through image/headlines on a live tile, and when I open it, it acts like a true native application, says a lot (Im looking at you theverge.com). Couple that with the true cross-platform services MS is trying to implement, and I think people are really missing out. It doesn't help that idiots sell cell phones, and don't show the better features to people. They just push what "everybody else has"............and tell lies about WP not having apps.

I think it's unfair to call them sheep.
iOS users seem to know what they want and are not easily swayed.

Your point about pushy sales people seems rather moot especially when applied to this specific preorder, since most of the people purchasing the iPhone woke up in the middle of the night just to place the order.

Felix Bank

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Also you gotta realize that Apple release one, or two in this case, phones a year. So the hype is massive.

If Windows released one or two really hot phones a year, you would have the same thing.

Subsequently you will get many Windows and Android powered units per year, all year round.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Also you gotta realize that Apple release one, or two in this case, phones a year. So the hype is massive.

If Windows released one or two really hot phones a year, you would have the same thing.

Subsequently you will get many Windows and Android powered units per year, all year round.

What's stopping Microsoft from releasing one to two phones a year?
Hubris?
Microsoft did spend over $2 billion in marketing for 2013 alone. They should have had much more success according to some posters here.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

If your company had the sales and profits Apple does, would you rock the boat? I've been reading for a few years about how Apple has lost its mojo, no longer the bad boy on the block and so forth. Apparently, the buying public thinks otherwise. God bless America right?

Stuifieee

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
I won't. Long story short I had the opportunity to use an iPhone 5 last year for 4 months, which was enough to leave an impression. During that time I missed having live tiles (It's quite useful being able to read WhatsApp messages or emails from your start screen) and I just couldn't get used to having just one button. It's also uncomfortable to wear without a case and, frankly, I found it too big for my small hands. When I went back to my Lumia 620 I was more than happy.

Although I don't know much about what has been new in the iPhone 5S and 6, I'm pretty sure they don't include live tiles, a search button, and reduced size. It's quite funny, really, when you look at how mobile phones developed. First they were quite big, then it became a competition to create the smallest possible phone, and now it's all the rage again to have a 6 inch device in your pocket.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3