10-09-2014 06:15 AM
402 ... 56789 ...
tools
    One day to WWDC14
    so we will find out about iOS 8 (and maybe IPhone 6) Specifics
    06-01-2014 07:52 AM
    All phones come from China, import costs are the same. Apple just charges more because it can.
    In Telekom Slovenia iPhone 5S is the most expensive phone you can get.
    Galaxy S5, HTC M8 are 24x23, 1520 (32GB) is 24x22, 16GB iP 5S is 24x24,12 and 32gb and 64gb are 28,2 and 32,5 per month for two years.
    It's by far the most expensive phone, even though other flagships cost almost the same (16GB variants), so 16GB is not all that overpriced, but ones with more memory certainly are, especially because you can buy 64GB or even 128GB SD card for the price difference. Yet somehow they're always sold out.

Italy has higher import taxes. This also applies if you send the phone as a gift to a friend. Customs stop it at the border, calls your friend at home tells him/her there is a package and duties have to be paid or the package is sent back. On a 700 Euros phone (which you buy for 530 Euros in Taiwan) you need to pay those taxes and therefore you still pay around 650/700 euros in all.

Even assuming (i know it's not true) that all those phones come from China, you need to consider single country import taxes are different.
    06-02-2014 06:05 AM
    Hope this explains better.
    Hmm.

I see a lot of stuff which talks about the iOS software, but nothing about the device itself. It's known that with almost all commercial software - especially OSs like iOS - that you don't own the software, you're only given license to use it. You're entitled to your opinion and I don't think you're wrong with some of your critiques of Apple's "ecosystem", but based on what you've shown me I can't agree that there is anything which infers that you don't actually own the device itself.

Thanks for all the information, though.
    06-02-2014 09:46 AM
    One day to WWDC14
    so we will find out about iOS 8 (and maybe IPhone 6) Specifics
    Watching it now, good stuff.
    06-02-2014 12:12 PM
    Nope

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    06-02-2014 12:25 PM
    There's 2 things holding me back. 1. Size, which may be addressed this year. 2. The home screen is lame. I don't see this changing, much, for a while. Therefore, I don't ever plan on buying an iPhone.

iPad? If i had the cash, maybe.

I think a Windows Phone, an iPad Mini retina and a Surface Pro would be my gadget heaven, at the moment. Best of both worlds.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-02-2014 12:48 PM
    You know, this might finally be great time to buy a 5S. Since the 6 will have a much larger screen people will be jumping to it like crazy. Might drive the used 5s prices down.
    06-02-2014 02:05 PM
    Now, I will for sure
    Two great features:
    1.actionable notification center
    2.ios8 and osx merging
    But
    Keep using my L720
    06-02-2014 04:50 PM
    Italy has higher import taxes. This also applies if you send the phone as a gift to a friend. Customs stop it at the border, calls your friend at home tells him/her there is a package and duties have to be paid or the package is sent back. On a 700 Euros phone (which you buy for 530 Euros in Taiwan) you need to pay those taxes and therefore you still pay around 650/700 euros in all.

Even assuming (i know it's not true) that all those phones come from China, you need to consider single country import taxes are different.
    Import duties set at EU level, so are the same in Italy and Slovenia.
    06-03-2014 01:59 AM
    After last night's conference I just might. If iPhone 6 will be bigger that 4", then I'm buying one ... 2nd hand in 4 years when prices go really down.
    06-03-2014 02:22 AM
    I would not consider the iPhone 6. The reason is simply due to the interface. It's old, boring, and static. In addition, the color palette is ugly as all get out. Rainbow Bright vomit. And still no wireless charging?
    06-03-2014 09:53 AM
    Definitely I'll buy it.. โคโค only an ***** won't buy it
    06-03-2014 09:55 AM
    Definitely won't buy it.. ๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž only an ***** would buy it
    Chregu likes this.
    06-03-2014 09:59 AM
    I would not consider the iPhone 6. The reason is simply due to the interface. It's old, boring, and static. In addition, the color palette is ugly as all get out. Rainbow Bright vomit. And still no wireless charging?
    correction. there is already wireless chargin on iphone devices. btw I'm not apple fanboy. I'm a solid wp fan.
    06-03-2014 10:01 AM
    I buy them for the people at work that want use them. That's enough to provide my fix for things IOS.
    06-03-2014 10:03 AM
    Definitely won't buy it.. ๏‘Ž๏‘Ž only an ***** would buy it
    First I wanted to rant about your post, then I read the post before you. Now I like it ;-)

After the iOS 8 presentation yesterday I'm still in for the possibility of buying an iPhone.
    Blacklac likes this.
    06-03-2014 10:10 AM
    Definitely considering it.
    06-03-2014 10:14 AM
    correction. there is already wireless chargin on iphone devices. btw I'm not apple fanboy. I'm a solid wp fan.
    what?? not really even NFC is not present
    i dont really use these feature on a daily basis but its a nifty option if its present for future use
    06-03-2014 01:00 PM
    Incorrect iOS does not allow wireless charging yet and it will probably be another 2-3 years before we see it. They don't even have NFC yet and that's a given on any smartphone.

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    06-03-2014 01:35 PM
    They don't even have NFC yet and that's a given on any smartphone.
    ...a given that I'll shut it off and not use it on any smartphone I own. :)
    06-03-2014 05:07 PM
    I have posted a new thread about iOS 8 on imore.com, I will share it here too
    Will iOS 8 going to loos its Minimal Design? - iPhone, iPad, iPod Forums at iMore.com

Will iOS 8 going to lose its Minimal Design?

Simplicity and Minimal Design have been iOS Priority from the first day
    But after WWDC2014 I found iOS Priority has been changed to Function.
    There is no any Antagonism between Simplicity and Function, But now
    I think Apple is ready to Sacrifice some Minimal Design aspects of iOS for its Function, if it will be needed.

plz share yr IDEAS
    06-03-2014 05:32 PM
    what?? not really even NFC is not present
    i dont really use these feature on a daily basis but its a nifty option if its present for future use
    While NFC is not present in the iPhone, I did get a free incpio NFC case for the iPhone 5/5s at MWC. I used my NFC capable iPhone through out MWC: to get in, to interact with different vendors, to pay for various meals. The iPhones 3rd party accessories market is second to none.

He'll there was even a case for the iPhone that turned it into a personal thermal imager!!!

06-05-2014 07:49 AM
    While NFC is not present in the iPhone, I did get a free incpio NFC case for the iPhone 5/5s at MWC. I used my NFC capable iPhone through out MWC: to get in, to interact with different vendors, to pay for various meals. The iPhones 3rd party accessories market is second to none.

He'll there was even a case for the iPhone that turned it into a personal thermal imager!!!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/05/e2e6era6.jpg
    still you need to rely on special third party hardware for this and you lose out on the look of the phone
    plus there is a risk of frying the lightning port as well
    all this after paying $1000 , id rather get a decent droid or a lumia for half the rate etc
    JamesPTao likes this.
    06-05-2014 08:42 AM
    still you need to rely on special third party hardware for this and you lose out on the look of the phone
    plus there is a risk of frying the lightning port as well
    all this after paying $1000 , id rather get a decent droid or a lumia for half the rate etc
    You shouldn't grasp at straws.

You were wrong, NFC is available for the iPhone. Move one.
    06-05-2014 08:47 AM
    You shouldn't grasp at straws.

You were wrong, NFC is available for the iPhone. Move one.
    thats like me saying i can add a collar to my dog but it doesnt mean my dog was born with one or something
    third party solutions and native solutions have a big difference
    i highly doubt people will buy the NFC case for iphone as such better get a native one
    why argue with a pointless debate
    i can add a rocket to my cycle but would i compare it to say a plane or a space shuttle?
    it wouldnt be perfect unless the os is optimised
    06-05-2014 08:56 AM
402 ... 56789 ...